• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Cowen now reckons Ireland will be one of the first country to beat the recession.

Digout

Amazing stuff this, Brian Cowen now reckons that Ireland will be one of first country to beat the recession. He seems to be ignoring the fact that our recession is not caused by international problems.

It gets better, he also urged the public to remember the sacrifices the men of 1916 made for their fellow Irishman.

Shocking stuff, does he not realise if the people follow the spirit of 1916 that Cowen and his ilk will be removed from power?

Cowen: Ireland facing up to problems | BreakingNews.ie

Last edited:
What an odd statement to make. 'Remember the sacrifices made by their fellow irishman' Jesus christ.

wombat

Amazing stuff this, Brian Cowen now reckons that Ireland will be first country to beat the recession.
Is he back smoking or did he have a feed of mushrooms?

Johnny

Our Dear Leader has clearly taken to downing massive doses of psilocybin mushrooms.

spidermom

" I am a good Taoiseach...I am a good Taoiseach...I am a good Taoiseach"...Now Brian repeat this in to the mirror every morning while you shave...smile and think happy thoughts too!!

Digout

The poor men of 1916 must be spinning in their graves. The fact that Clowen + Co are the most unpatriotic people in the country makes this statement even more sickening.

super pedestrian

I believe Hitler also started to go a bit looper's towards the end.
Cowen is bonkers if he believe's we'll get out of this recession this side of 2012, with FF still in power.

Johnny

The poor men of 1916 must be spinning in their graves. The fact that Clowen + Co are the most unpatriotic people in the country makes this statement even more sickening.
If the men and women of Easter Week were around today, the cretins who we have the misfortune to be governed by, would each be looking down the barrels of their guns.

greengoose

I doubt if he has the intelligence to understand mushrooms. He is delusional. Megalomania I think the condition is called. With all those lost jobs and the subsequent increase in the social expenditure I would be curious to see how he will achieve his fairy tale recovery!

If the men and women of Easter Week were around today, the cretins who we have the misfortune to be governed by, would each be looking down the barrels of their guns.
And Ireland would hold the Guinness Book of Records award for oldest Citizens.

anewbeginning

No-one takes seriously what Cowen or FF politicians say anymore, that's their problem. Too many lies from FFers over the years have sown doubt among supporters and non supporters alike.

People are taking what Cowen says with a pinch of salt.

A few months ago they were saying when the US economy picks up we will pick up too. There is no chance of that. We cannot pick up until corrupt FF are kicked out and people stop voting for them.

We will be lumbered with a 100 billion deficit by the time Cowen leaves office. That will make recovery from any recession difficult if not impossible.

Last edited: