• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

FakeViking

What kind of radio do you have and are they generally available?
Nice try tonic.

Now can we get back on topic and discuss the incomprehensible mutterings of your Great Leader to the nation this morning, the ones between the farts and belches.

Squib

Isn't that what happens when you keep turning corners.
That depends on the direction of the corners, but in your case as you only have one direction, it's probably true.
FF have turned so many corners at this stage that they have disappeared up their own holes.

How's the view up there?

LiquidPaddy

The country needs a sharp right turn. Artificially keeping the price of labour high through minimum wage and fixed wage agreements simply keeps more people on the dole. Allow the Market to set the price for labour and let's get back to work! People will certainly be on more than the €200 a week the govt pays them.
I listened to Cowen's waffle last night on Freefall, so I won't even engage about him today other than to say he's clueless...

How will that work? Letting the market set wages will lead to lower rather than higher wages? Is this miraculous market that will solve all the problems the same "market" that led to the feeding frenzy over property - i.e. no regulation/ intervention - that produced the bubble and subsequent economic crash? Self-regulation is no regulation is the lesson to be learned here, but Cowen doesn't get that fundamental of economics.

If people's incomes are cut further, spending will decrease and the tax take for the government will decline further, leading to more cuts in 2012... vicious circle. The problem is the structural deficit, not the current one. Billions each year is being borrowed for infrastructure that we don't need.

Cuts can be found via slashing the roadbuilding programme, which needs to be ended until further notice, ditto investment in the metro to nowhere, etc. until we can afford/ need such ventures. The M50 is now like an airport runway because there is so little traffic these days. Start a sale of property for people who are keen to get on the property ladder, and let people find ways of buying their homes intelligently. Encourage consumption by bringing some certainty back into economic planning rather than instilling fear in people who did not cause the crash.

GDPR

Now can we get back on topic and discuss the incomprehensible mutterings of your Great Leader to the nation this morning, the ones between the farts and belches.
If you cut down on the rich food for breakfast perhaps you'll be able to hear him next time.

mmrebel

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZAZ8lFwbUU]YouTube - Taoiseach Singing Offaly Rover[/ame]

idle tim

Even if it was and even if he did, what has that got to do with it?

He sounded perfectly fine and more importantly what he had to say was relevant and he obviously knew what he was talking about, in contrast to some of our other political "leaders" who either manage to say nothing or talk themselves into ever decreasing circles.
Why are you not in Galway Willie?.Twitter,Twitter,Twitter....

brughahaha

If people's incomes are cut further, spending will decrease and the tax take for the government will decline further, leading to more cuts in 2012... vicious circle. The problem is the structural deficit, not the current one. Billions each year is being borrowed for infrastructure that we don't need.

Cuts can be found via slashing the roadbuilding programme, which needs to be ended until further notice, ditto investment in the metro to nowhere, etc. until we can afford/ need such ventures. The M50 is now like an airport runway because there is so little traffic these days. Start a sale of property for people who are keen to get on the property ladder, and let people find ways of buying their homes intelligently. Encourage consumption by bringing some certainty back into economic planning rather than instilling fear in people who did not cause the crash.

Yes much better to borrow 20bn a year to keep our bloated overpaid Public sector in clover rather than invest in infrastructure that helps the money generating sector of our economy ...

Can we get it straight borrowing to pay peoples wages is not sound economic senses :rolleyes: no matter how much Labour want it to be or repeat it

We tried it in the '80s ,it was a humungous disaster ! have we learned nothing ffs

FakeViking

Sounds like the gombeen wants a holiday.

Just after finishing the last three months on holiday.

Asparagus

RTÉ podcast by time not topic; can anyone let me know which hour I should try?
Just follow the sulphury smell of morning after guiness and stale cigarettes.
Or listen out for the sound of societal disintegration and generational penury and you'll find our leader.

the_rebubblican

Kenny confirms that Morning Ireland expected him earlier so he was late and at that stage didn't have a breakfast. We're in safe hands Brian, thanks for reassuring me and my family as to our future...

In any other country he'd have to resign. he was DISGRACEFUL. I bet he was up all night, having his back slapped, singing republican songs. he, like most in Fianna Fail think he owns the country, and has a right to rule. the most depressing part is that still around 30% of people will vote for him/FF. Whatever you say about Kenny and Gilmore, they wouldn't have done this, they would have more respect for the Irish people!

DCon

Sounds like the gombeen wants a holiday.

Just after finishing the last three months on holiday.
I'd say he cannot wait for the election.

He will either fully retire on a massive Taoiseach pension or semi-retire to the back-benches on a massive TD salary and claim "precedence" for never showing up or doing anything.

gijoe

Last edited:
Last edited:
Definitley sounded hungover after a night of pints and fags. A few slurred words and a few slips of the tounge. I don't think he would have passed a breathalyzer test this morning.
I would agree with all of that. The patent slurring of his speech at one point though indicated that he was in fact still drunk rather than just merely hungover.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom