Cowen signed off DDA borrowing!

greengoose2

FakeViking

Listened to Dan "bullsh1t" Boyle on MI earlier: to paraphrase: I don't know whats in the report but I know what's NOT in it. FFS!

Malbekh

Listened to Dan "bullsh1t" Boyle on MI earlier: to paraphrase: I don't know whats in the report but I know what's NOT in it. FFS!
Yes I heard that too. Obviously the Green parliamentary party (+ minor flunkeys like Dan) are of a greater importance than the our elected representatives in the Dáil.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Hardly news. Every Finance Minister has to sign-off on borrowing by the DDA.

LDF

I think the real question will be how the DDDA was allowed to become the downtown office of Anglo Irish Bank.

LDF

I remember there was a programme on Channel 4 a few years back. I think it was called How to steal a country. It concerned one of the countries that made up the USSR and, after the fall of the Soviet Union, the local mafia put themselves into positions of power to rob the country blind. I can't remember which country it was.

Serious questions have to be asked about the purchase of the glass bottling site. Not least of which is the valuation placed on what was brown-field site. It seems no consideration was given to the cost of cleaning up the site.

slx

From what I can see it was like they were just trying to jump on the "Dublin 4" brand and no consideration was given for anything else.

Dublin 4 covers a much larger area than many people seem to think and there's a huge difference between the Irish Glass Bottle site and the Merrion Road.

Much of Dublin 4 takes in the old docks and Dublin Port which, to be brutally honest, are not very attractive at all. There's a lot of industrial wasteland and the working port itself is not exactly what you would call an area of great natural beauty.

It also takes in Ringsend and Irishtown which are nice places, with nice communities but they're every bit as upmarket as Cabra or Stoneybatter.

There's a lot of nonsense in Dublin about postal districts, particularly Dublin 4.

Supermanpolitician

From what I can see it was like they were just trying to jump on the "Dublin 4" brand and no consideration was given for anything else.

Dublin 4 covers a much larger area than many people seem to think and there's a huge difference between the Irish Glass Bottle site and the Merrion Road.

Much of Dublin 4 takes in the old docks and Dublin Port which, to be brutally honest, are not very attractive at all. There's a lot of industrial wasteland and the working port itself is not exactly what you would call an area of great natural beauty.

It also takes in Ringsend and Irishtown which are nice places, with nice communities but they're every bit as upmarket as Cabra or Stoneybatter.

There's a lot of nonsense in Dublin about postal districts, particularly Dublin 4.
I agree....but what on earth has this got to do with Cowen's signing off of the budget?

hammer

"Bertie made me do it" :)

People only moved into Ringsend & Irishtown because they couldn`t afford to buy in better areas. It became chic :) because the young professionals moved in and brought a new coffee shop & restaurant :)

Supermanpolitician

"Bertie made me do it" :)

People only moved into Ringsend & Irishtown because they couldn`t afford to buy in better areas. It became chic :) because the young professionals moved in and brought a new coffee shop & restaurant :)
What on earth has this got to do with Cowen?

DCon

Did Cowen just sign-off on everything safe in the knowledge that property only increases in value, or did he do his job and analyse the borrowing(s) on the taxpayer's behalf?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies