Cowen to retire?

Homerabu

I have no insider info on this, but - There will be an election in Feb/Mar and it is all but inconceiveable that Cowen will continue to lead FF into that. Or if so, not long after it.

That being the case, I could not imagine that the man who was Uachtarain FF and Taoiseach of this once great country could take a lesser role on the back benches. (I doubt he'd get a ministry as the new leader would need to be the new broom)

I wonder did he perform well enough at the Old Bailout to get himself a juicy European or IMF role.

Altho Cowen has shown to have a death grip on the reins, from FF's perspective they face many years in the wilderness and the sooner they spring clean, the better for them.

drjimryan2

post taoiseach hell have a bit of adjusting to do alright.....

looking at his carreer achievements....coldly, i cant see many offers fortcoming.....

I suspect hell sit on the benches for the next few years, take it easy...back to basic constituency work and retire quietly...in 3-5 years time.

the list of the retiring, however is set to increase rapidly - i suspect...

wait and see

oggy

I have no insider info on this, but - There will be an election in Feb/Mar and it is all but inconceiveable that Cowen will continue to lead FF into that. Or if so, not long after it.

That being the case, I could not imagine that the man who was Uachtarain FF and Taoiseach of this once great country could take a lesser role on the back benches. (I doubt he'd get a ministry as the new leader would need to be the new broom)

I wonder did he perform well enough at the Old Bailout to get himself a juicy European or IMF role.

Altho Cowen has shown to have a death grip on the reins, from FF's perspective they face many years in the wilderness and the sooner they spring clean, the better for them.
Clearly you underestimate Brian Cowen and FF and clearly you have not thought about the disaster of whats coming to power after FF

drjimryan2

people, right now, want change.....

the reality, of the difference between want and need will come later....

the reality that with 'puritist politics' comes an end to 'stroke politics' will, i imagine, hit home much sooner....

Clearly you underestimate Brian Cowen and FF and clearly you have not thought about the disaster of whats coming to power after FF
As opposed to the Nirvana we now reside in oggy?

james toney

Shouldnt that not belong in the Political Humour thread?

Cai

post taoiseach hell have a bit of adjusting to do alright.....

looking at his carreer achievements....coldly, i cant see many offers fortcoming.....

I suspect hell sit on the benches for the next few years, take it easy...back to basic constituency work and retire quietly...in 3-5 years time.

the list of the retiring, however is set to increase rapidly - i suspect...

wait and see
One consolation I suppose is that he'll have the time for a drink or two in the evening.

collina

Nobody underestimates the repercussions of Cowen's surrendur of our sovereignty or the consequences of Westminster/Brussels coming to power.

ruamruam

Surely he has earned some plum job in the ECB or European Commission. Maybe that was part of the deal

Fr. Hank Tree

Harry McGee said on drivetime that the public would view such a move as deeply cynical and he thinks there is no way that FF can avoid being led by Cowen in the next GE. And he's right - as Homer Simpson would say - you chose fruit you live with fruit. We had to put up with an unelected leader on the basis that we would get to pass verdict on him eventually. Now we are being denied that opportunity because it's politically expedient for FF.

huffnpuff

He could always become a life model for High Renaissance painting students recreating Breugels depictions of peasants

johnnypockets

Of course he did. He was told to sell us out. He did what he was told. Good little Euro slave. String him up...along with all the other traitors.

Homerabu

I'd certainly find it difficult to overestimate him Oggy.

In fact my enduring mental image of the man is of him sitting on a rug by the fire licking his liathroidi with Mary O'Rourke knitting on the chair beside him giving him the occasional pat on the head.

You can see it can't you?

Oppenheimer

The little nut tumour Ahern did it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies