Cowen's drinking has been slashed !

Tomas Mor

According to a Brian Dobson- type interview in todays Indo with Fionan Sheahan, Biffo has said he has cut down on his drinking since the famous Galway incident. This is a sort of admission he was on a bender until the early hours -whether now the sore throat, sinus, nasal conjestion alibis of Ahern, Hanafin, Martin etc ?

http://My drinking has 'greatly diminished' since Garglegate -- Cowen

Last edited:

Tomas Mor

How much is he drinking now?

How much did he drink at peak consumption?

Why has consumption been reduced?

I'd say he is a trap door for drink.

Congalltee

How much is he drinking now?

How much did he drink at peak consumption?

Why has consumption been reduced?
Is any of that your business? There has only been one reported incident where drink affected him and that was in his capacity as leader of FF? Do you have other examples?

Tomas Mor

Is any of that your business? There has only been one reported incident where drink affected him and that was in his capacity as leader of FF? Do you have other examples?

I note you said "reported". Have you read the thread on his 12 hour bender in Mount Falcon ? And he just happens, unfortunately to be our Prime Minister with country going down the tubes.

Mondo

...But he denied flatly the it was drink that affected him. Sure didn't he get 3 hours kip before going on air. Isn't it everybody's business?

Gemlarkin

If my Taoiseach sees fit to confess to reducing his drinking

If my Taoiseach sees fit to confess to reducing his drinking, and bring the matter up even in the best of times I would be justified in asking questions.

At a time when 100,000 a year are fleeing, and all our banks are broken, we have record unemployment and when no one will lend us a bean it it very apt to ask about the Taoiseach's drinking.

When thanks to this man we have 2010 mortgages and year 2000 incomes or none with 2012 interest rates are on the way I am entitled to ask, not only the Taoiseach but to ask his supporters Fianna Fáil.

Congalltee

If my Taoiseach sees fit to confess to reducing his drinking, and bring the matter up even in the best of times I would be justified in asking questions.

At a time when 100,000 a year are fleeing, and all our banks are broken, we have record unemployment and when no one will lend us a bean it it very apt to ask about the Taoiseach's drinking.

When thanks to this man we have 2010 mortgages and year 2000 incomes or none with 2012 interest rates are on the way I am entitled to ask, not only the Taoiseach but to ask his supporters Fianna Fáil.
Best of luck getting an answer from them!
I blame his conservatism, regulatory capture and an inability to look to a bigger picture for his disasterous economic management between 2004 to date.

owedtojoy

According to a Brian Dobson- type interview in todays Indo with Fionan Sheahan, Biffo has said he has cut down on his drinking since the famous Galway incident. This is a sort of admission he was on a bender until the early hours -whether now the sore throat, sinus, nasal conjestion alibis of Ahern, Hanafin, Martin etc ?

The Taoiseach is getting totally sh*tfaced drunk with less frequency that before!!

At last, a success for the FF-Green Coalition!!

Could they go to the country on that, do you think? A general election of a "Temperance Taoiseach" platform??

Gemlarkin

I would prefer he gave up Governing completely rather than gave up the drink

The Taoiseach is getting totally sh*tfaced drunk with less frequency that before!!

At last, a success for the FF-Green Coalition!!

Could they go to the country on that, do you think? A general election of a "Temperance Taoiseach" platform??

I would prefer he gave up Governing completely rather than gave up the drink

Desperate Dan

His wife told him to cut down on his drinking after his wages were cut back or they wouldn't be able to afford the Christmas dinner in the mobile.

cozzy121

The man is a drunk. Just take a look at him. I would not be surprised if the bank guarantee was given after a few stiff whiskeys.

controller

Best of luck getting an answer from them!
I blame his conservatism, regulatory capture and an inability to look to a bigger picture for his disasterous economic management between 2004 to date.
.....I'd blame a lot more than that. His ethics, his judgement, his ability and an investigation as to why he took certain courses of action....

controller

He must drinking yesterday.......he's still one big fat boy......no weight loss yet....

Mondo

Cowen's drinking has been slashed

"Cowen's drinking has been slashed!"

Are we to presume he is maintaining his intake intravenously?

Podolski1.5

"Cowen's drinking has been slashed" - is that a typo? Surely you mean sloshed?

Tomas Mor

He must drinking yesterday.......he's still one big fat boy......no weight loss yet....

Maybe a few sprints around Donegal might help him, provided he does not drop in to that pub owned by yer man Patsy Brogan's Bog Hotel.

Mushroom

Problem is that he's far too far too busy on affairs of state - opening new branches of Tesco and the like - to go jogging. That's why he still resembles a bloated gargoyle.

Interesting to see that he's still in denial and is blaming the Coveney tweet for his woes. Of course he's also still in denial about his role in driving the Ship of State straight onto the rocks while he was Minister for Finance and Developer Support.

constitutionus

its a fecking stupid thing to bring back up now most people have forgotten about it with the IMF knocking at the door (ok i KNOW its the EUSF but its the same fecking thing in real terms, just by another name so the EU doenst look like its members a defaulting. theres about as much difference between them as VRT and import duty ).

all it does is confirm in the minds of people that he WAS plastered out of his head till 3am at that session.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies