Cowen's Running mate has assets frozen by High Court

yehbut_nobut

Two men have been ordered by the High Court not to reduce the value of their assets to below €8m pending a ruling next Monday in a legal row over secret profits alleged to have made by them from a number of land deals.
The court heard that Offaly Fianna Fáil [until last month] Councillor Gerard Killally and his business partner Richard Connor, a former GAA football manager, have now admitted that they received profits on two land deals totalling €3.5m which were not disclosed to other individuals in the partnerships.

Ger Killaly with The Taoiseach at the Offaly homecoming/singalong last summer.

Offaly County Councillor Ger Killally was Mr Cowen's running mate in Offaly in the 2002 general election.
Seen by many in the party as a bright hope for the future, Cllr Killally hit the campaign trail in 2002 with the then Minister for Foreign Affairs Brian Cowen in an attempt to get a Dail seat for the party.
Mr Cowen then went on to top the poll in 2002, while Mr Killally narrowly missed out on a seat.
Since then, the councillor has continued in local politics and was snapped alongside Mr Cowen during his "homecoming" celebrations in Tullamore last May when he was made Taoiseach.

stanley

Looks like Biffo has his own rabble going on with this Killally guy, muscling in on deals which are not his but using "I'm Brian's biggest mate" stuff to force himself in.
Killally has probably taken lessons from and observed Des Rich, Timmy Collins and Joe Burke and thought "I can do that", the Judge would be doing him a favour by putting him away for a few years, it would send a message bigtime to all the FF hanger-ons, your time is up and your way of doing business (robbing) is wrong and will not be tolerated.

Biffo should come out and make a Pontious Pilate style statement on Killally so strong nobody will touch him in the future, set the example at home, Biffo.

Pauli

Looks like Biffo has his own rabble going on with this Killally guy, muscling in on deals which are not his but using "I'm Brian's biggest mate" stuff to force himself in.
Killally has probably taken lessons from and observed Des Rich, Timmy Collins and Joe Burke and thought "I can do that", the Judge would be doing him a favour by putting him away for a few years, it would send a message bigtime to all the FF hanger-ons, your time is up and your way of doing business (robbing) is wrong and will not be tolerated.

Biffo should come out and make a Pontious Pilate style statement on Killally so strong nobody will touch him in the future, set the example at home, Biffo.
He should, but he won't. The FF mafia just don't do that kind of thing. Ireland is a kleptocracy and FF voters must be made see that.

stanley

He should, but he won't. The FF mafia just don't do that kind of thing. Ireland is a kleptocracy and FF voters must be made see that.

The journalists, Opposition and public should hound Biffo every where he goes and let him know this is not acceptable and he should publicly disown Killally, not put up with this sham of he is an Independant now and hey presto just like Bev he will be back in the fold again pulling on the FF jersey.
Biffo does not like answering questions and is gradually turning into the fumbling, mumbling, sickening style of Bertie to avoid same, bullshlting of the highest order.

Factorem

Is fearr cara sa chúirt ná punt sa sparán.

Eh... The seanfhocails take on a new meaning!

FakeViking

Maid Marian will be on shortly, we'll get the Govt Press Office spin on this then (or else no mention at all)

Anorakphobia

Guys like this are of course FF gombeen culture for sure but every town and even village in Ireland has one or two of these boyos.
What's more they are looked up to and admired as entrepreneurial.
They run insurance brokerages, auctioneers, garages and pubs and rules and conventions that apply to the general populace are theirs to bend and even scorn.

Its not just our inability to play by the rules that has us in this terrible mess but to actually admire and be cowed by those who are most bent.

When we break the servile retardation that the only we we can get anything is to go cap in hand for favours to gob********************es like these lads, we have a chance but I wouldn't hold my breath.
As for the favours these guys bequeath, 90% of them are your legal and moral entitlements anyway but he will paint it up to be some miraculous feat of alchemy that only he could achieve, the remaining 10% is likely to be semi or even fully illegal or corrupt.

LeftOfCentre

Hang on now folks . . . . . .. Please wait u til there is a full investigation into this and allow due process to to its courzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What a scummy ses pit that FF operate out of ,

My ''political compas'' would probably push me towards LAB+FF coalition... But FF are way to sleazy and there is more sleaze to come . . . They need at least 10 years out in the cold!

yehbut_nobut

dont really have a comment to add, except to post that picture again:

meriwether2

How many more does it take before people realise that FF is corrupt from start to finish?

How many is it at this stage, from the very top to grassroot proles?

Every organisation, made of humans, is prone to human error.

One would expect, if all paedophiles in the country joined political parties in proportion to the parties political strength, that FF would have 40% of the paedo's, FG 27%, etc.

That doesn't make FF members 20 times more likely to be paedo's than PD members.

Its simply a uniform per capita distribution. (I apologies to anyone offended by the metaphor).

Lets apply this to corruption.

Does anyone think that FF are 40/27 times more corrupt than FG?

Why is there such a concentration of curruption in FF that way exceeds the levels one would expect a 40% political party to 'normally' attract?

Is it a 'fluke'?

Is it an accident that it Haughey, Reynolds, Flynn's x2, Lawlor, Burke, Ahern, Foley, Dunlop, Mara, Kilally and various local councillors are corrupt?

Is it an accident that they have a vastly higher corrupt individual per capita than EVERYONE else? Doe sanyone else wonder about this?

I have two theories.

1: FF's do not have a 'corruption gene' in their brain. Its not an affliction from birth.
What happens is that they are in a party that tolerates corruption. it spreads. It is never cut out.

2: This toleration then attracts those who are corrupt to the party. Its a self perpetuating cycle.

There has been a lot of faux outrage about the Anglo corruption.

People are 'shocked'. Why are they shocked? Ahern was corrupt. Haughey was corrupt. Bev is corrupt. Lowry is corrupt.
They were all re-elected consistently.

We have a culture of corruption in this country.

The church was institutionally corrupt.
We have corrupt Gardai in Donegal.
We have corrupt solicitors in front of the beak at the moment.
Ansbacher man.
DIRT scandal.
Beef tribunal.

Need I go on?

And what do Irish people feel about this corruption?

They feel so strongly about it, they give Ahern 13k votes.
They elect Lowry. Bev. Endless corrupt councillors.

And we wonder how this seeps into society in general?

Think about this....every single backward country in the world has a corrupt leader.
And everything in that country is corrupt.
I wonder how that came about?

stanley

MW2,

You speak of the corruption we know about, I fear it is far greater than you believe and it permeates the Irish psyche it is a hangover from our Colonial past and it needs a radical solution , the first step is the Electorate to kick FF out of power and expose them for the thieves/robbers they are, shun them in the streets, it will eventually lead to their disbandment, from there we can build a new Republic.

We need Mahon to expose the bostords fully, no need then for further tribunals we know what we are dealing with then and lets get a new system of Govt, Swiss looks OK anything but what we have ended up with after 80 years of FF.

Our Judiciary knows what goes on and 95% of them, I am sure, do not like operating in and with a corrupt Govt, they can help make the first steps.

Effin Effer!!!

Greed is a human condition, not a political idology!

Power attracts greed! regardless of who or what holds it!

Fine Gael held power with Labour and Democratic Left during the rainbow coalition during a short period of just over two years. This brief period of power resulted in the corrupting of a Fine Gael Minister, Michael Lowry. Did this mean that either the Fine Gael party or his friend John Bruton were corrupt also? Absolutely not!!!

When Ger Killally (then 23) ran on the Fianna Fail ticket in the 1997 General Election he had been democratically selected at convention. Cowen didn't choose him, he was simply considered a young fresh candidate. When he put his name forward again in 2002 no-one stood against him at convention. During this time he established an auctioneering business and unfortunately greed got the better of him. But his greed is not related to his political career only his business.

So because he was a member of Fianna Fail does this make the party corrupt? Because he was Brian Cowen's running mate (along with two others) does this make the Taoiseach corrupt also? The answer to both is again absolutely not!!!

Time to calm down and give over with the conspiracy theories lads!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies