• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

CPSU Special Delegate Cnoference - Resoundly endorses rejection of CP II...

Silvio Dante

CPSU Special Delegate Conference - Resoundly endorses rejection of CP II...

Well I'm home now from our Special Delegate Conference in the Gresham.

There were around 200 delegates present from around the country. The union Leadership gave their reasons why they walked out of the negotiations with Government and why they are recommending a rejection of the deal. A forensic and very well communicated (by Derek Mullen) trawl through the areas that directly effect CPSU members - Redeployment, 'Banking' of Hours, the prospect of CO's doing EO's work and the threat of compulsary redundancy if DPER feel Redeployment isn't going as they see fit was a real eye opener.

Approxiamately 30 delegates addressed the conference and unanimously supported the leadership is opposition to the deal. Many contributors were in tears describing their current plight and the added stress the looming changes to working hoursand conditonswould mean for them.

It was stressed more than once by Eoin Ronayne that a No vote is just that, a No vote. That does not mean we go on strike or are in line for paycuts.

We will wait on the results from the other unions and at our Annual Delegate Conference, end of April, we will debate our further options as by then we will know where we stand.

We will be voting on the coming weeks and we will be voting No is a resounding result I predict...

CPSU delegates back move to leave Croke Park talks - RTÉ News

Last edited:

wombat

We will be voting on the coming weeks and we will be voting No is a resounding result I predict...
I hope you do not end up as cannon fodder.

slippy wicket

Talk about slitting your own throat. :roll:

RobertW

All of the unions should tell the Government where to go just like Enda told the ECB where to. . er. .

Then everything should revert back to CP1.

If the government imposes pay cuts then CP1 is over.

RobertW

Its a done deal guys there wasting there time.
Not yet

If the unions vote no (possibly twice) then we'll see where their leadership lies - either with the Government or with its members?

drummed

Must have been so exciting for you. Please do tell us more:rolleyes:

constitutionus

your fecked eitherway but its good to get threads like this from lads reporting on the ground.

brughahaha

Baztard

I think its important to give people an accurate reading of whats going on. We have enough guff in the media, IBEC and ICTU (PSEU) attempting to scapegoat us as it is...
Should be interesting if nothing else, the PSEU members squeezed between the CPSU and the AHCPS when it comes to briefings, adjournment debates, Oral PQ's, driving the reform agenda etc etc. A/Secs will discover the names of their HEO's shortly....