Crane used in Leinster House protest

Aindriu

A small crane has been parked outside the Kildare Street entrance of Leinster House with slogans about Anglo Irish Bank and ministerial pensions.

Gardaí later removed a number of the anti-government slogans from the crane.
WTF?????!!! So freedom of speech is not allowed by the 'Guardians of the Peace' now?

Quick! Sign em all up to Fiana FAIL. :mad:

RTÉ report here.
BBC report here.

Holy Cow

So, the patriot was arrested and the Gardai also destroyed the evidence?

The Gardai interfered with the material on his cherrypicker, are they allowed do that?

Its not the job of the Gardai to be removing this kind of material?

Glucose

This is outrageous.
The Guards have a duty to remove the Crane because it is more than likely causing a traffic obstruction.
However, They have no right to rip the political message from the crane.
The message should be of no concern to the guards.
With all due respect to the guards, they are not paid to think.

Are the guards involving themselves in politics now?

Cassandra Syndrome

Fanatical Government Apologists demonising this Joe the Trucker type protester and calling for his immediate execution .......3 ........2 ........1

Simon.D

Looks like those Guards should be charged with vandalism to me...

It did read

"To the politicians who vote for the budget today, the people will vote you out tommorow."

So is this the Job of the Gardai, removiong placards that dare attack the government?

This says to me the government are afraid that some Fianna Fail TD`s may develop a consense if they see these placards and vote againsnt te budget.

This message said,

"To the politicians who vote for the budget today, the people will vote you out tommorow."

Last edited:

wee slabber

I am sure that's anti-constitutional. What law is he in breach of with those posters? Free speech, me arse.

Glucose

So is this the Job of the Gardai, removiong placards that dare attack the government?

This says to me the government are afraid that some Fianna Fail TD`s may develop a consense if they see these placards and vote againsnt te budget.

This message said,

The S.S. were very good at that.

Cassandra Syndrome

Its going to be a long day.

D

Duth Ealla

The same legislation introduced in the north of Ireland to provide a modern police service needs to be introduced in the south of Ireland.

The Gardai are another flawed institution in the deeply flawed Fianna Fail state.

Its not possible for Ireland to act like a modern state when institutions like the Gardai act irresponsibly, or as a politicised force. There is no difference between this and RTE's failure to provide impartial broadcasting.

Cassandra Syndrome

Anyone else think things are going to get very hairy outside the Dáil this evening?
A lot of the country muckers like meself are snowed in. I was intending to go to Dublin and protest today with our local militia.

Holy Cow

Anyone else think things are going to get very hairy outside the Dáil this evening?
Nah, when the boot is on Paddys head, Paddy licks the boot.

how dare the gardai remove these placards.you dont see them removing placards from those pro-life loonies outside the GPO. i once complained to a nearby garda whilst passing one of their GPO protests a few years back that i objected to them openly displaying offensive pictures of dead babies etc. the little pr!ck smirked at me and said something along the lines of "yeah pal,i'll look into it". little wonder the general public have practically zero resect for the rozzers anymore.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies