Crane used in Leinster House protest

EvotingMachine0197

I wonder who ordered the Gardaí to take down these posters or did they just take it upon themselves?

It's encouraging to see that the majority of posters on this thread see the removal of these posters by the Gardaí as exactly what it is - a politically motivated action that the Gardaí have absolutely no right to do.

Only the regular P.ie trolls support the Garda behaviour.
Apparently for safety reasons - people driving by attempting to read them might crash... or some such bolloxogy like that ..

Aindriu

Not so, the Garda request to have that as a condition of his bail was not granted, instead the judge suggested that the condition should be that he did not any "equipment" to Leinster House. So yes, he is breach of a bail condition as I imagine the cherrypicker would be seen as "equipment".

The Irish Times reports that he was remanded in custody by Judge Patrick McMahon in the District Court after Garda Insp John Rice objected to him being released on the grounds he had breached the terms of his previous bail. These required that he not come to “the unlawful attention of gardaí”.

His legal team then went to the High Court, under Article 40 of the Constitution, to challenge the State’s right to keep him in custody.

After a one-hour break, counsel for the State, Paul Anthony McDermott, said he had been directed by the Director of Public Prosecutions not to oppose the application to release Mr McNamara.
High Court overturns refusal to give serial Dáil protester bail - The Irish Times - Wed, Dec 08, 2010
So having posters slagging off the government is unlawful now according to Garda Insp John Rice? Who appointed the clown to that rank FFS???

If this fella has any sense he will go to Europe with this one. He will make the Gardai look like the rank amateurs that they regularly show themselves to be.

Skypeme

Come off it, this is clearly a case of "my enemy's enemy is my friend".

The leg breakers new 'poster boy' is a property speculator who got burned, now euologised because of his artistic abilities! :rolleyes:

Would Mac have been protesting anywhere if his speculative ventures had paid off? I think not.

Dohville

So having posters slagging off the government is unlawful now according to Garda Insp John Rice? Who appointed the clown to that rank FFS???

If this fella has any sense he will go to Europe with this one. He will make the Gardai look like the rank amateurs that they regularly show themselves to be.
Worth looking to see what excuses the Gardai on Boards.ie are giving for their actions here.

Padraigin

Come off it, this is clearly a case of "my enemy's enemy is my friend".

The leg breakers new 'poster boy' is a property speculator who got burned, now euologised because of his artistic abilities! :rolleyes:

Would Mac have been protesting anywhere if his speculative ventures had paid off? I think not.

Would this country be in the state that is in if FF had not been its government?

I think not.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom