• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

CRC Staff demand State Pensions

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
So ...the media are kind when the "other ranks" start looking for their golden parachutes

CRC staff to take industrial action over pension - RTÉ News
Staff at Dublin's Central Remedial Clinic have voted to take industrial action over the organisation's unilateral closure of their pension scheme.
...The CRC now wants the 44 current employees to be admitted to the public service pension scheme, established in 2013.

However, informed sources said that this would create problems - firstly because it would require legislative change to transfer those CRC employees into the public service scheme.

In addition, it could create a precedent where the State could become liable for situations where other pension schemes get into difficulty.
Just remind me...what sort of company did they work in ?

cYp

tigerben

Ah stop , really sick to the back teeth with charity sucking on the teat of taxpayers . Can't they sort it out with "private money " isn't that how they get around rules and regulations . Banks , credit unions , charities , insurance companies all bailed out by taxpayers when they f^^k up . Slap on the wrists , regulations blah blah blah , once off , won't happen again, more power to regulator , part of their contracts ect. We've heard it all . Yet children's allowance , Welfare , tax hikes can be brought in over night and it's ok because it's just for " Joe and Josephine Public " .

asset test

My little nephew is a beneficiary of CRC and Enable Ireland.

Despite all the scandals and resulting downturns in donations, the staff are brilliant.

Just had to say that, as many will just give a knee jerk reaction.

Disabled kids need this service, and it is still being given. But I suggest the lack of donations has impacted on their ability to do more.

Who would deny a kid for a multi million pension given to Kiely? Well it has happened as we know.

The staff are dead right on this one.

OrderoftheDragon

These organisations were established exactly to keep them at arms length from the public service in terms of governance, accountability and staff entitlements.

These people are not public servants and as such have no state employee entitlements.

I know 2 people who worked for a similar group who were on salaries probably twice what their experience/educational qualifications warranted, but because they were working in one of these fiefdoms there was no proper governance, this quango/charity also went down in flames.

There was some clown in the dail the other day making a big song and dance about the console workers, if the local centra closed down in the morning, then nobody would give a jot especially a highly paid td, another idiot playing to the cameras.

gater12

The IPT pension was the gold plated one - those in it could expect twice what their colleagues in the VHSS one would receive. The employer paid in more contributions for them. they didnt have to pay the pension levy which those in vhss were subjected to.
Nobody was complaining that this was unfair when all was going well. Fact, these employees were employed privately by CRC and their posts were not part of the HSE allocation.
What is curious is why, when VHSS was running, were employees accepted into IPT up to 2002?
More curious is that all management were in the golden pension, even those joining after VHSS was in operation.

HereWeGoAgain

Did Bertie's friend, Paul Kiely pay back that €742,000 golden handshake yet?

Mr Kiely is under mounting pressure to relinquish the €742,000 pension package that was paid for by charity lottery funds.

A former director of the CRC called on Mr Kiely to consider repaying some or all his gold-plated package to the clinic.

Former Fianna Fail minister Vincent Brady told this newspaper: "I think that certainly, in view of the amount of money involved, he should seriously consider giving some of it back or making a substantial donation to the clinic."

Mr Brady, a long-standing board member, said he had been unaware of Mr Kiely's pension package until the details were disclosed at the Public Accounts Committee last week.
Link
CRC scandal Kiely 'won't give back' the charity cash - Independent.ie

Sister Mercedes

Mr Kiely is under mounting pressure to relinquish the €742,000 pension package that was paid for by charity lottery funds.
I wish the lazy media would stop describing Kiely's pension package as €742,000.

The €742,000 was just the top up to the pension. The pension package itself is many millions of euro.

HereWeGoAgain

I wish the lazy media would stop describing Kiely's pension package as €742,000.

The €742,000 was just the top up to the pension. The pension package itself is many millions of euro.
You're right, it amounted to a 'golden handshake'; for the ordinary plebs retiring, often that amounts to a few drinks at the local - not for Charity kings and queens.
I wonder what Kerin's and Flannery's golden handshake amounted to? .... both of those also 'retired' early.

Uganda

Quite.

But it's not just the media who use this language. A civil servant retiring on a salary of, say, €80,000 gets a pension worth c€1,200,000, plus a lump sum taxable equivalent of €240,000.

Far better to describe it as a pension of €40k.

jessiedog

Please make some slight effort to get the facts straight. The CRC was apparently entitled to enrol people in state pension since 1978. It's not the staff's fault that some of them were forced onto a private pension plan for "whatever reason".
The CRC kept the private pension system alive until recent years & put some (acknowledged public servants) onto it for unknown reasons (but it's not rocket science to guess why).
These staff now have to pay the price of previous management decisions - ie they have no pension after years of service.

It should not require legislative changes, as these staff should have been enrolled on public service pension from inception - if they were entitled then, why not now ? Staff were not given a choice of what pension plan they were put on.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies