Creationists Build a "Life size" ark.

making waves

So one of the ark builders is on the last word right now sounding as lala as can be expected.
I thought the comment from the listener was good -

"is that woman trying to tell me that two penguins waddled all the way from the South Pole to the Middle East to get on a boat?"

Dearghoul

I thought the comment from the listener was good -

"is that woman trying to tell me that two penguins waddled all the way from the South Pole to the Middle East to get on a boat?"
One of the salient features of boats, their raison d'etre in most cases, is not to hang about in one particular location. The animal rescue thing really is just a sideshow.

So out on the, by now, very broad Atlantic, and a few weeks in the Roaring Forties and your picking up your first pair of penguins from the seas around the now submerged South Georgia.

Waiting for them to come to you.....as the woman in the audience said..

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I used to wonder on catching sight of them on wildlife shows what the penguins would be chatting about among themselves standing around there on the ice and the rocks and I suppose now we know.

Those little hi-viz jackets I mentioned as being required would probably have had to be supplemented with a fair few hang sangwiches and a flask of tea for such a hefty swim over to the vague vicinity of Mount Ararat.

I wonder whether there were transfers included in the whole package. Did old Noah just open the rear hydraulic doors and let all the animals down the ramp or did he have to stage things. I wouldn't give the chickens much of a chance sauntering down the ramp with Leo the Lion alongside them feeling a bit peckish.

Poor old penguins standing there in the heat of Turkey on Ararat looking for any sign of a taxi or a coach service back to the ice floes. They are probably still outraged and won't be booking Noah Tours any time soon after that.

'orebel

So one of the ark builders is on the last word right now sounding as lala as can be expected.
Was listening to that on the way home from work yesterday. I nearly crashed the van I was laughing so hard.

She reckoned that the ark was built about 4000 - 4500 years ago and would have had about 14,000 'kinds' not species of animal on board including dinosaurs which co-existed with mankind at the time.

She was a molecular geneticist apparently. :lol:

Bill

Was listening to that on the way home from work yesterday. I nearly crashed the van I was laughing so hard.

She reckoned that the ark was built about 4000 - 4500 years ago and would have had about 14,000 'kinds' not species of animal on board including dinosaurs which co-existed with mankind at the time.

Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, BS | Bob Jones University
it doesn't count

cozzy121

She also said that the park was open 24hrs a day to help deal with the thousands of visitors. I'm suprised that Matt Cooper was so soft with that dangerous nutjob.

Trainwreck

She also said that the park was open 24hrs a day to help deal with the thousands of visitors. I'm suprised that Matt Cooper was so soft with that dangerous nutjob.

We live in a strange world where some harmless, but deluded, Christians are "dangerous" and intolerant, homophobic Islamists are "victims".

Also, how many people pointing and laughing are believing Christians. I don't care of you personally tell yourself of completely nutty beliefs about a "god" sending a "son" to earth via a spontaneous "immaculate conception" to be killed and "resurrected" are OK, but creationism is just too stupid beyond words. I don't. I lump you with them.

cozzy121

We live in a strange world where some harmless, but deluded, Christians are "dangerous" and intolerant, homophobic Islamists are "victims".

Also, how many people pointing and laughing are believing Christians. I don't care of you personally tell yourself of completely nutty beliefs about a "god" sending a "son" to earth via a spontaneous "immaculate conception" to be killed and "resurrected" are OK, but creationism is just too stupid beyond words. I don't. I lump you with them.
Sorry, I should have qualified my assessment of her.
She claims to be a scientist and yet espouses a belief that is against science.
She is as dangerous as an Iman who calls for jihad. IMHO

Socratus O' Pericles

It's all nonsense Ted.

Trainwreck

Sorry, I should have qualified my assessment of her.
She claims to be a scientist and yet espouses a belief that is against science.
She is as dangerous as an Iman who calls for jihad. IMHO
She is someone spouting nonsense that is threatening nobody.

Trainwreck

It's all nonsense Ted.
It is all nonsense.

But as long as it isn't providing the ideological justification throwing gay people off buildings, or killing "apostates", the correct response is to laugh or ignore.

It is not "dangerous", nor a "threat" and in he words of Michael Winner, "calm down, dear".

firefly123

Understanding what living things are made of and how they function is part of fulfilling God’s command to take care of the earth......The BJU Core will further prepare you to excel in what God has for your future, both in your career and in your personal life. You’ll improve your skills in communication, organization and critical thinking through subjects such as English, history and science.

Through the BJU Core you’ll learn more about the world around you so you’ll be able, like Jesus was in His time on the earth, to make biblical truths understandable to people from a wide variety of backgrounds. And you’ll learn how your work ethic itself can be a witness—a reflection of God and His glory.
I particularly like the course outline including such wonders as "old testament messages" , "history of civilisation 3500 bc (obviously) to 1650" and bible doctrine!

Top Bottom