Crib Wars: Beaumount Hospital refuses a traditional symbol of Christmas

Wascurito

Beaumount Hospital - which is one of Dublin’s main hospitals - has removed the traditional Christmas crib from both its reception area and wards, upsetting patients and staff.

However, the decision by bosses at Beaumont Hospital has prompted such a backlash that many staff are now signing a petition to have the festive nativity scene restored.

When asked about its decision, a spokesman said "the wider hospital community is multicultural and therefore multifaith". The conclusion to this is that the hospital should celebrate numerous faiths. However, the hospital seems to be interpreting the term "multifaith" as meaning "no faith".

Irish Times: ‘Save crib’ petition at Beaumont Hospital gathers 1,000 signatures

NB. DESPITE THE COMMENTS OF POSTERS BELOW, THERE'S NO EVIDENCE THAT THIS MOVE HAS BEEN REQUESTED BY MUSLIMS OR MEMBERS OF OTHER NON-CHRISTIAN FAITHS.

Last edited:

The Field Marshal

Don't upset the towelheads.

This is being done to placate a tiny tiny minority of non Christians.

Shame on Beaumont and it's so called management.

I always thought it was a low grade hospital and this merely reinforces my view.

silverharp

go down that road and they will ban xmas trees

D

Deleted member 17573

More proof that the HSE has too many "hospital bosses" with nothing to do.

General Urko

Even the humanist movement has come out against the fookwit libertard nonsense!

The municipal court in France has found that public cribs in France (a proud secular state, by any definition) are a cultural tradition at this time of year and not primarily a means of religious expression being force on others!

TBH it's par for the course, we are seriously overpaying and overperking a shyteload of well connected imbecile administrators in our public/civil service!
They must have absolutely nothing to do with their time, if they are dreaming this up and putting this absolute nonsense forward! All at our expense!

darkhorse

Very unfair to the majority population who are Christian and who celebrate Christmas.
How far do we have to bend over for these minorities?

SEAMAI

FFS, let's cancel Christmas altogether in case we might offend someone.

Dame_Enda

This is particularly unfair to older people for whom religious symbols often have a stronger resonance as they reach the end of their lives.

Wascurito

Don't upset the towelheads.

This is being done to placate a tiny tiny minority of non Christians.

Shame on Beaumont and it's so called management.

I always thought it was a low grade hospital and this merely reinforces my view.
Muslims aren't driving this at all. It's a small minority of atheists. Even secular organisations such as Humanist Ireland have said Beaumont bosses have gone too far.

raetsel

The secularisation of Ireland is gathering pace. Good.
Hopefully the Angelus on RTE is next.

Happy Winterval, all! :)

General Urko

This is particularly unfair to older people for whom religious symbols often have a stronger resonance as they reach the end of their lives.
I don't think imbecile administrators have the where with all, to begin to understand that obvious fact!

D

Deleted member 17573

Very unfair to the majority population who are Christian and who celebrate Christmas.
How far do we have to bend over for these minorities?
Don't blame the minorities, blame the PC brigades from within, who delude themselves that this is progress and makes us a progressive society.

gijoe

go down that road and they will ban xmas trees
Happy Holidays!!

Of course if they were consistent there should be no Christmas public holidays or school closures etc. Just New Year's Day.

Mercurial

I was going to say that I see no harm in this sort of thing and that they should be allowed to have a crib if they want one.

But then I saw how much it upset TFM, so I'm in favour of it staying gone, on that basis alone.

General Urko

Don't blame the minorities, blame the PC brigades from within, who delude themselves that this is progress and makes us a progressive society.
Yeah fookwit libertards!

darkhorse

Yes - the ones who are ashamed to be Irish and hate everything about Ireland. Bob Geldof springs to mind.
An even smaller minority so.

GDPR

The secularisation of Ireland is gathering pace. Good.
Hopefully the Angelus on RTE is next.

Happy Winterval, all! :)
The tiny minority roars.

If our traditions are a problem for them, every assistance should be given to make their relocation as quick & as painless as possible.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies