• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Croatia Will Join The EU in July 2013

forest

About bloody time should have joined in 2007. I would say it will be a while before the join the euro, I can see another Poland happening

Ryan Tubbs

Croatia will also be obliged, god help us, to join the Eurozone in due course
Obliged to join the Eurozone?

I presume you meant to say that they voluntarily and democratically decided to join both the EU and the Eurozone.

I mean, it's not like you're trying to tell lies or sensationalise things, is it?

jmcc

About bloody time should have joined in 2007. I would say it will be a while before the join the euro, I can see another Poland happening
Given which country runs the EU, that should make Croatia very, very nervous. :)

Mossy Heneberry

Obliged to join the Eurozone?

I presume you meant to say that they voluntarily and democratically decided to join both the EU and the Eurozone.

I mean, it's not like you're trying to tell lies or sensationalise things, is it?
What are you on about? The EU doesn't do proper democracy.

shiel

I think we all agree that there is a democratic deficit in the European Union.
All democracies which join the EU do so by decision of democratically elected government.

When we joined we had an 80 pc vote in favour.

Since then we have taken membership for granted and forgot where we came from.

jmcc

I think we all agree that there is a democratic deficit in the European Union.
And if you disagree, they'll ask you to vote again until you agree that the glorious Soviet^H^H^H^H European Union is democratic. :)

Ren84

Jaysus didn't take the Euro doomers long to overrun the thread with their silliness.

shiel

And if you disagree, they'll ask you to vote again until you agree that the glorious Soviet^H^H^H^H European Union is democratic. :)
Only in dictatorships voters vote the same in all elections.

In democracies they change their minds.

jmcc

Only in dictatorships voters vote the same in all elections.

In democracies they change their minds.
In democracies, the people change their minds. In dictatorships the dictators change the peoples minds.

NYCKY

It is because of the Croatian accession that Ireland will lose a seat in the European Parliament, dropping from 12 seats to 11. The parliament is capped at 750 and every country gets at least 6 seats. Croatia with a similar population to Ireland will also have 11 seats in the EP.

Croatia will also get a seat at the European Commission and with 28 members, the commission has become so diluted that most portfolios are meaningless. You probably didn't know this but we have EU commissioners for things like "digital agenda" and "climate action". There is some barrel scraping going on. The new Croatian commissioner could get the portfolio of pothole fixing.

Seriously, I am completely in favour of this accession but as the EU grows, the institutions need to be revamped, big time.

NYCKY

On a different note, I am surprised that the Icelandic accession is not yet ready. I understood that both countries would accede together. Iceland is a long established country with strong democratic institutions and most of the laws required to join would have been on the books already or just required minor tweaking.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
It is remarkable indeed that Iceland and Croatia are not yet members whilst Romania and Bulgaria already are.

GrimReefer

Given which country runs the EU, that should make Croatia very, very nervous. :)
agreed. the Irish presidency leaves us all concerned about the fate of...

oh, wait... you're referring to..

GODWYYYYYYNNNNNNNNN!!!! We got anoooootthheerrr onnnneeeee

ps on the topic of simplistic barstool conspiracies and "power distance neurosis" what is your stance on the relative power of Angela Merkel vis a vis the chief illuminatus in the context of the alliance between the Rotschilds and the Antarctica-based reptilian aliens overlords.

clearly it is madness to suggest that Croatia might participate fully and proportionately in the compromise system that is the EU, and manage to negotiate with Germany or any other nation on directives and policies.

obviously it's back to the gas chambers for them.

Last edited:

Nemesiscorporation

agreed. the Irish presidency leaves us all concerned about the fate of...

oh, wait... you're referring to..

GODWYYYYYYNNNNNNNNN!!!! We got anoooootthheerrr onnnneeeee

ps on the topic of simplistic barstool conspiracies and "power distance neurosis" what is your stance on the relative power of Angela Merkel vis a vis the chief illuminatus in the context of the alliance between the Rotschilds and the Antarctica-based reptilian aliens overlords.

clearly it is madness to suggest that Croatia might participate fully and proportionately in the compromise system that is the EU, and manage to negotiate with Germany or any other nation on directives and policies.

obviously it's back to the gas chambers for them.
Croatians were not put in death camps in WW2.

Croatians were running death camps and killing Roma, Serbs, Jews, etc in death camps.

Nemesiscorporation

It is remarkable indeed that Iceland and Croatia are not yet members whilst Romania and Bulgaria already are.
Most Icelandic think they can survive outside the EU.

The refusal to admit that it is Norway that keeps them afloat and that overfishing fish stocks to collapse is a serious problem.

Iceland will only join after it completely collapses all Northern Atlantic fish stocks. Apparently it is referred to as enlightened self interest.

They have learn't nothing.