• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

CSO revises its population figures in wake of Census 2006

Catalpa

It looks like the CSO, stung by the criticism of its inept taking of the previous Census 2006 has finally got around to tackling the gaping hole in its population figures...

The release also contains revised population and migration estimates for the inter-censal years 2003 to 2005. The revisions are part of ongoing work by the CSO aimed at accurately measuring migration flows of Irish and non-Irish nationals.

Also released today for the first time is Foreign Nationals: PPSN Allocations and Employment, 2002-2006 - an analysis of PPSN allocations and employer end-of-year (P35) returns for non-Irish nationals

http://www.cso.ie/newsevents/pressrelea ... 2-2006.htm

Its a start anyway...

Who said Politics.ie is ineffective? :D

Ard-Taoiseach

Catalpa said:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1218/cso.html
It's quite strong stuff, isn't it Catalpa? The population is in full scale boom at the moment.

Catalpa

The total number of immigrants in the year to April 2007 rose by 2,000 to 109,500.

Catalpa said:
Thats a Million immigrants in the next ten years....

As Catalpa said would happen to much derision and venomous attacks by certain people here.

constitutionus

YAY, looks like mandatory pensons are off the table then :)

Catalpa

Ard-Taoiseach said:
Catalpa said:
It's quite strong stuff, isn't it Catalpa? The population is in full scale boom at the moment.
Its way too high - we cannot absorb these kind of numbers.

I see the Rotunda Hospital is reporting that some 33% of all births there are to non Irish mothers. Strangely just 10% are to non Irish EU Citizens which means 23% are to mothers born outside of the EU!

Crazy! :?

BTW the CSO almost certainly is underestimating the numbers here.

Ard-Taoiseach

Catalpa said:
As Catalpa said would happen to much derision and venomous attacks by certain people here.
You must be very angry, you're referring to yourself in the third person.

constitutionus

Catalpa said:
constitutionus said:
What do you mean?
well the gov were making a big deal about us not having enough kids to support the current generation when they retire . i think the figure now is 6 workers to every 1 pensioner. they reckon by 2050 it'll be 2 workers to every pensioner. hence why they were banging on about forcing mandatory pensions on everyone to take up the slack.

if all these kids are being born and the immegrants are only coming for a few years and then being replaced by younger versions of themselves when they go home it solves our problem.

therefore no need for mandatory pensions :D

Ard-Taoiseach

Catalpa said:
Ard-Taoiseach said:
Catalpa said:
constitutionus said:
What do you mean?
I suppose connie think that immigrants will work off our pension deficit for us.
Oh yeah I mean its not like they would need one themselves like when they reach retirement age!
We could deport them then.

Ard-Taoiseach

Catalpa said:
Ard-Taoiseach said:
Catalpa said:
You must be very angry, you're referring to yourself in the third person.
Delusions of Grandeur I think! :cool:
You deserve it, you're almost a 10,000+ poster, the fourth one on the site!

Catalpa

constitutionus said:
Catalpa said:
constitutionus said:
What do you mean?
well the gov were making a big deal about us not having enough kids to support the current generation when they retire . i think the figure now is 6 workers to every 1 pensioner. they reckon by 2050 it'll be 2 workers to every pensioner. hence why they were banging on about forcing mandatory pensions on everyone to take up the slack.

if all these kids are being born and the immegrants are only coming for a few years and then being replaced by younger versions of themselves when they go home it solves our problem.

Yeah but they ain't goin home - they're staying!

Catalpa

Ard-Taoiseach said:
Catalpa said:
[quote="Ard-Taoiseach":eek:87s960o]
Catalpa said:
constitutionus said:
What do you mean?
I suppose connie think that immigrants will work off our pension deficit for us.
Oh yeah I mean its not like they would need one themselves like when they reach retirement age!
We could deport them then.[/quote:eek:87s960o]

Be careful I'd say some of them could be a dab hand with the ol zimmer frame!
;)

Ard-Taoiseach

Catalpa said:
Ard-Taoiseach said:
Catalpa said:
[quote="Ard-Taoiseach":22frbj74]
Catalpa said:
constitutionus said:
What do you mean?
We could deport them then.
Be careful I'd say some of them could be a dab hand with the ol zimmer frame!
;)[/quote:22frbj74]

We'll lull them into a false sense of security with Werther Originals and then bag 'em and post 'em back to where they came from.

sackville

bryannavaro said:
Its way too high - we cannot absorb these kind of numbers
Ireland is practically empty.
as has been stated and (ignored by the open border fanatics) for years now on this site) space is only one issue, apart from the fact that immigrants tend to make a beeline for the Metropolis and larger urban centers anyhow>The carrying capacity of the services infrastructure, impact on environment , social cohesion and general quality of life issues all need to be considered, not just the desires of IBEC members. what 's going is a free for all that no responsible party would support.

constitutionus

Catalpa said:
constitutionus said:
Catalpa said:
constitutionus said:
What do you mean?

Yeah but they ain't goin home - they're staying!
not according to what RTE were saying. half the PPS numbers theyve issued arent being used. so theyve either gone home or are working in the black economy and im thingking its the former.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies