• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Curing racism "Irish" style

Disillusioned democrat

In yet another demonstration of how the powers that be know what's best for Irish people we are now to be subjected to a new raft of "anti-racism" education and "hate crimes" for those too stupid to learn how not to be a racist.

A quick look at the chronology is required:

1. state fails its own and bails out banks and developers
  2. state kowtows to Europe empire builders and accepts refugees
  3. state starts to prioritise refugees over its own citizens
  4. state expresses dismay when Irish people turn into racists
  5. state clamps down on its citizens again
  6. state widens the flood gates to let more refugees in

So the fact that people are expressing frustration and resentment, along with complete powerlessness is seen as the fault of the long suffering Irish tax payers and workers - now we're a racist country all of a sudden. I don't recall getting to vote on the state accepting refugees or migrants (just like I didn't get to vote on the bank guarantee I suppose).

I really hit a wall of frustration and dismay when the state and its well paid agencies turn on its citizens to further a cause most Irish people have had no say in.

New campaign urges witnesses to report racism - RTÉ News

Dame_Enda

The govt hasnt said it will bow to the campaign's demands.

I do support tougher sentences for violence or damage to property motivated by racism, sectarianism, sexism or homophobia.

We have only claims from groups such as these. Let them provide the evidence to the Gardai. Because in my experience the Left have an overly expansive definition of "racism", including opposing illegal immigration.

Clanrickard

In yet another demonstration of how the powers that be know what's best for Irish people we are now to be subjected to a new raft of "anti-racism" education and "hate crimes" for those too stupid to learn how not to be a racist.

So the fact that people are expressing frustration and resentment, along with complete powerlessness is seen as the fault of the long suffering Irish tax payers and workers - now we're a racist country all of a sudden. I don't recall getting to vote on the state accepting refugees or migrants (just like I didn't get to vote on the bank guarantee I suppose).

I really hit a wall of frustration and dismay when the state and its well paid agencies turn on its citizens to further a cause most Irish people have had no say in.

Is it the hot or what but there seems to be no end of senseless rants on here. The link is to a story urging people to report racism and you go a rant? There are no flood gates open. We take very few non-EU nationals. We were due to take 4000 Syrians over 5 years and we have taken in about 200. Calm down.

eoghanacht

So you don't have problems with racism just the attempts to tackle it.

Let me guess you're not a racist?

Disillusioned democrat

So you don't have problems with racism just the attempts to tackle it.

Let me guess you're not a racist?
By most definitions I am a card carrying racist. By that I mean I'd most like would be for us to treat our immigrants the way we would be treated if we went to their country.

former wesleyan

By most definitions I am a card carrying racist. By that I mean I'd most like would be for us to treat our immigrants the way we would be treated if we went to their country.
Do you mean immigrants or refugees ? If someone comes from France to work in Ireland is he/she an immigrant ? Brazil ? Or are you solely focused on Somalia ?

Felixness

Is it the hot or what but there seems to be no end of senseless rants on here. The link is to a story urging people to report racism and you go a rant? There are no flood gates open. We take very few non-EU nationals. We were due to take 4000 Syrians over 5 years and we have taken in about 200. Calm down.
Simon Coveney announced a month or so ago in the Dail that we're getting about 20 thousand of them within 2 years. Just because they aren't here yet doesn't mean they aren't coming. As for racism, for the left it can be something as simple as using the word black. Very few Irish people are racist, but a lot of people are getting damned tired of being told what they can and can't say. It's ironic that in a world that's more liberal than it ever has been, the liberals want to turn the clock back and some of the black community want to segregate themselves from the white community while the Millennials want to silence free speech and end the right to protest against anything they disagree with.

Skin the Goat

So you have no principles of your own - just reflect other peoples. Figures......

Accidental sock

.... By that I mean I'd most like would be for us to treat our immigrants the way we would be treated if we went to their country.....
See, I'm more of a "I'd most like for us to treat people the way we would like to be treated" type of guy.

Pretty sure nobody's ever said that before....especially not a middle-eastern carpenter.

Watcher2

I don't think anyone just "becomes" racist. It just does not manifest itself until a racist opportunity opens up. And the fvck ups of the government should not be taken out on people. Is it Nigerian Nicks fault that Paddy Politician gives him preference over Citizen Claire?

flavirostris

Whats the bets that most of the incidents reported are bullshít 'Islamophobic' incidents.

Like a woman wearing a niqab being called a 'ninja' or a 'binbag' or a bloke being told that you shouldn't wear pyjamas during daylight hours.

Dame_Enda

I would like to add that its essential that any hate crime laws work both ways, including against assaults on the Ahmadi community by other Muslims. On Sky yesterday they were talking about the Ahmadi Muslim who was murdered because a Sunni believed he was behaving like a prophet (Islam believes Mohammad is the last prophet - but Ahmadis are nuanced on the issue, believing he was the last prophet, but that present day people can also prophesise sortof). Ahmadis are severely persecuted throughout the Muslim world - and even among the Muslim diaspora as the aofrementioned case shows. In Pakistan its impossible to get ID for public services if you are Ahmadi.

Felixness

Whats the bets that most of the incidents reported are bullshít 'Islamophobic' incidents.

Like a woman wearing a niqab being called a 'ninja' or a 'binbag' or a bloke being told that you shouldn't wear pyjamas during daylight hours.
Well, I've just seen on Sky news that putting an arm around a colleague of the opposite sex is sexual harassment.:roll: That probably explains why 67% of women claim to have been sexually harassed, Jesus wept. The mind boggles.

flavirostris

Well, I've just seen on Sky news that putting an arm around a colleague of the opposite sex is sexual harassment.:roll: That probably explains why 67% of women claim to have been sexually harassed, Jesus wept. The mind boggles.
I'd be really wary about laying even a finger on a female colleague, even in a jokey group huddle work situation. Very open to mis-interpretation.

In a non-work situation, i.e a woman you are dating, the golden rule is don't touch them unless they touch you first and even then, I'd wait for multiple arm-touching before touching back.

Felixness

I'd be really wary about laying even a finger on a female colleague, even in a jokey group huddle work situation. Very open to mis-interpretation.

In a non-work situation, i.e a woman you are dating, the golden rule is don't touch them unless they touch you first and even then, I'd wait for multiple arm-touching before touching back.
I'm a woman and it's news to me that putting an arm around me is an actionable act of sexual harassment. Don't get me wrong, touching someone inappropriately is an entirely different thing, but ffs, generation Snowflake are a bunch of f uckwits.

Polybius

The govt hasnt said it will bow to the campaign's demands.

I do support tougher sentences for violence or damage to property motivated by racism, sectarianism, sexism or homophobia.

We have only claims from groups such as these. Let them provide the evidence to the Gardai. Because in my experience the Left have an overly expansive definition of "racism", including opposing illegal immigration.
Rubbish. We already have laws to punish people who commit crimes against a person or property. Why should an assault against a gay man be treated as a more serious crime than assault against a straight man? Why should an attack on the property of black person be considered a greater crime than an attack on the property of a white person? Every person should be equal before the law. This proposed "hate crime" legislation will create a hierarchy of victims and white straight Irish people will be at the bottom of the pile.

Truth.ie

Any figures on Nigerians and Brazilians?

Clanrickard

Any figures on Nigerians and Brazilians?
Nigerians roughly around 18,000 and Brazilians I don't know. WHy? Or should I ask?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies