Cushy job for Eamon Happy Gilmore

hiding behind a poster

Then why do you support austerity? That's what austerity did to us.
It wasn't austerity, it was basic mathematics. We were spending over €20 billion a year more than we were taking in, you can't go on doing that year on year. Already nobody was lending to us, so we couldn't keep doing it even if we'd wanted to.

The funny thing about this is that on this thread you're giving out about so-called austerity, while on another thread you're giving out about the size of the national debt. You don't see the connection?

hiding behind a poster

Working at no cost to the employer is not a fair day's wage for a fair day's work. It belittled and devalued a generation.
The cost was partly to the employer, and mainly to the taxpayer. People like me, who pay taxes, fund people's dole. You realise that dole is a gift from people who are working and paying tax, don't you? If their elected government decides that people who need employment experience should be encouraged to get that experience in return for their dole plus a top-up, then good for them.

Because the ones that don't are likely avoiding tax/not declaring?
Pretty much impossible to avoid declaring. Much more the fact that HAP is a mountain of bureaucracy for landlords, plusHAP tenants have been found more likely to be troublesome. No doubt you'll explode in self-righteous anger when you hear that, but that's what landlords say.

McDave

They weren't good at that either. Remember when they had the Indo photoshop a brick into a picture of a water balloon being hurled at Jobstown and then used that as part of the reasoning for the Jobstown Show-Trials?

Neither do I but you fúckers implemented it.

And Howlin/Noonan refused to work in solidarity with them by pushing to negotiate a debt deal that would allow others to cite them as precedent.

Except for two parties formed from armed republicanism and the other from continental-style fascism.

Ah, yeah, the sideline hurlers argument, that'll definitely cover for Labour repeatedly kicking the young and the working class in the face for years.
Aha, finally the mask slips. A hard left one-percenter.

‘Solidarity’ - another hard left virtue signal that died a death with the advent of the ‘we won’t pay’ crew - greed by another name.

And you expect the taxpayers of Irish (and other Eurozone countries) to bale out Greece? And I suppose Russian money launderers in Cyprus. Put that on your election posters and sell it.

Finally, I’m not in either FG or Labour, so I didn’t ‘implement’ anything. I’m just, as Joe Higgins used to say, an ordinary decent working person. But if you need to believe I’m active on behalf of a party to foment your hate-filled ideology, away you go. That kind of political cluelessness will help confuse your communications and keep you a one-percenter.

McDave

Absolutely get fúcked, if you think I'm humouring you and your delusions, until you tell me what makes my generation less important than yours as human beings, that we were targeted for austerity, material deprivation, and the hopelessness of having our futures stifled if not taken away.
‘Generation Wars’ - the next confrontational moniker to emerge from the extremist left?

You should know that the youngest generation (18-25) was at the forefront down the line at supporting C****c T***r Ahern at various polls. You want to go to war with them too? Or suffer the disappointment of being ‘betrayed’ by current and future younger generations who simply won’t buy your extremist, confrontational, hard-leftist ideology? You have all the sanctimony of a zealous religious missionary.

McDave

A variety of new, non-establishment parties and left-leaning Independents, with transfers running in order of who I feel is going to fight for ordinary people.
Ordinary people voted for Ahern in spades. And probably subsequently regret it too. You don’t speak for ordinary people. They won’t vote for communists in any significant numbers.

There’s definitely a space for a left-of-centre narrative in politics. But not for one-percenter extremists.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Ordinary people voted for Ahern in spades. And probably subsequently regret it too. You don’t speak for ordinary people. They won’t vote for communists in any significant numbers.

There’s definitely a space for a left-of-centre narrative in politics. But not for one-percenter extremists.
The Social Democrats have so far failed to make much of an impact. I wish them well, but I won't be holding my breath.

Eventualities

Except that the vast majority of Irish people have no time for the illegal vigilantiism carried out by that gang in Roscommon.
That's not what social media is saying.

Maybe you have access to that fictional "silent majority" conservatives always tell themselves they have behind them. Look how that worked for Enda.

Eventualities

It wasn't austerity, it was basic mathematics. We were spending over €20 billion a year more than we were taking in, you can't go on doing that year on year. Already nobody was lending to us, so we couldn't keep doing it even if we'd wanted to.
Go on ahead, keep licking the boot, you naughty boy. "Ooh, yummy, mmm, there was no alternative, mmm, schlurp".

Eventualities

The cost was partly to the employer, and mainly to the taxpayer. People like me, who pay taxes, fund people's dole. You realise that dole is a gift from people who are working and paying tax, don't you? If their elected government decides that people who need employment experience should be encouraged to get that experience in return for their dole plus a top-up, then good for them.
Social welfare is part of the social contract in this country. It is not a "gift". People on the dole still pay tax on all their purchases, and VAT intake more than puts a dent into the welfare bill, so that's less of a drag on the public than landlord welfare, corporate welfare, etc.

Pretty much impossible to avoid declaring. Much more the fact that HAP is a mountain of bureaucracy for landlords, plusHAP tenants have been found more likely to be troublesome. No doubt you'll explode in self-righteous anger when you hear that, but that's what landlords say.
Ah, yes, landlords, always a reliable source of information on things they don't like.

They must have seen you coming a mile away.

Eventualities

I'm just, as Joe Higgins used to say, an ordinary decent working person. But if you need to believe I’m active on behalf of a party to foment your hate-filled ideology, away you go.
Typical gaslighting by the right. "Your experiences are invalid and your anger to the classes responsible is negativity and bigotry."

No wonder people are finally cracking up.

Eventualities

Spotted the Labour man p*ssing his pants at the thoughts of electoral reality. Polling at 3% and down to seven TDs, with more retirements to come.

Eventualities

The Social Democrats have so far failed to make much of an impact. I wish them well, but I won't be holding my breath.
I'd dearly love them to, but with a voting pact with Labour and the Greens already tainting them, their goose is cooked.

McDave

That's not what social media is saying.

Maybe you have access to that fictional "silent majority" conservatives always tell themselves they have behind them. Look how that worked for Enda.
So, you’re backing a very wealthy farmer, and taking his side in a dispute where courts have held against him.

Shades of Occupy Killiney all over again. Or maybe you’re just trolling to make the hard left look ridiculous (they don’t need your help there buddy :) ).

McDave

Spotted the Labour man p*ssing his pants at the thoughts of electoral reality. Polling at 3% and down to seven TDs, with more retirements to come.

You’re really missing the mark here. Keep codding yourself there Commie bucko. :)

McDave

Typical gaslighting by the right. "Your experiences are invalid and your anger to the classes responsible is negativity and bigotry."

No wonder people are finally cracking up.
... or, maybe, just maybe, it’s yourself cracking up. Despite all that’s gone wrong here, and a lot has, you’re still stuck below Labour’s low, low showing.

Unless of course you’re SF. In which case why would you be supporting a large enough landholder who the courts have held again. Occupy Strokestown? :)

McDave

I’d also wish the SDs well. Moderate enough left of centre. Deserving of at least respect.

Eventualities

So, you’re backing a very wealthy farmer, and taking his side in a dispute where courts have held against him.

Shades of Occupy Killiney all over again. Or maybe you’re just trolling to make the hard left look ridiculous (they don’t need your help there buddy :) ).
The same courts that let rapists and paedophiles away with their crimes. Sure.

You're the man out here denying reality itself, and you're calling me a troll?

Eventualities

... or, maybe, just maybe, it’s yourself cracking up. Despite all that’s gone wrong here, and a lot has, you’re still stuck below Labour’s low, low showing.

Unless of course you’re SF. In which case why would you be supporting a large enough landholder who the courts have held again. Occupy Strokestown? :)
The establishment you stand over have pushed people so hard that they have to resort to vigilantism just to maintain some sort of peace in their communities, away from banks and their Loyalist footsoldiers.

But, sure, it's opponents of centrism that are cracking.

McDave

The same courts that let rapists and paedophiles away with their crimes. Sure.

You're the man out here denying reality itself, and you're calling me a troll?
I get it. You don’t recognise this republic’s courts. Political policing, blah blah blah.

Away with the fairies in your little one-percenter circle jerk. :)