Daddy - what's an ATM?

Catalpast

Looks like the ubiquitous ATMs that we are all so familiar with now could go the way of the manual cash register or the Abacus within as little as a decade

- if the Banks get their way that is

- and they usually do....:|

Must say I would find this pretty inconvenient but my gut feeling is that given the size of Blanchardstown they will probably be around for a while yet

But people living in remote areas may find that the local shop is the only place they can get cashback

Surely though retailers will resist this as the extra cash they would have to hold would increase their security risK

Cashpoints will be replaced with supermarket cashback within five to ten years, under plans being drawn up by Britain's biggest ATM network.
The idea will see shops told to offer free cash services to members of the public with no requirement for them to buy items first.
Link claims the amount being withdrawn from cash points will halve over the next decade as consumers move to using credit and debit cards for everyday spending.

High street cash machines to be replaced by supermarket cashback service within decade

Looks like the ubiquitous ATMs that we are all so familiar with now could go the way of the manual cash register or the Abacus within as little as a decade

- if the Banks get their way that is

- and they usually do....:|

Must say I would find this pretty inconvenient but my gut feeling is that given the size of Blanchardstown they will probably be around for a while yet

But people living in remote areas may find that the local shop is the only place they can get cashback

Surely though retailers will resist this as the extra cash they would have to hold would increase their security risK

Cashpoints will be replaced with supermarket cashback within five to ten years, under plans being drawn up by Britain's biggest ATM network.
The idea will see shops told to offer free cash services to members of the public with no requirement for them to buy items first.
Link claims the amount being withdrawn from cash points will halve over the next decade as consumers move to using credit and debit cards for everyday spending.

High street cash machines to be replaced by supermarket cashback service within decade
In many jurisdictions, banks are under legal obligation to provide direct access to cash for their customers via the bank's own means.

D

Deleted member 17573

In many jurisdictions, banks are under legal obligation to provide direct access to cash for their customers via the bank's own means.
Is that some sort of Public Service Obligation such as what is imposed on Utilities?

Is that some sort of Public Service Obligation such as what is imposed on Utilities?
Pretty much so. As a bank customer I am entitled to deal directly with my bank without going through intermediaries. Aside from anything else there are privacy and data protection issues involved.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
What's an ATM? A "Pass machine".

Spirit Of Newgrange

when the ATM's disappear, where will all the beggars camp ?

Catalpast

Pretty much so. As a bank customer I am entitled to deal directly with my bank without going through intermediaries. Aside from anything else there are privacy and data protection issues involved.
Banks are becoming increasingly de personalised anyway

- frontline staff are being pared to the bone and replaced by machine and 'helpers'

- who in my experience are 'helpful' but not very well trained....

Cheaper labour obviously

The younger generation in particular just see card payments as 'normal' and not a novelty

Outdoor ATMs could well end up on the Junkyard of History sooner than we think....

Banks will still probably have them inside if you like really have to use one

- during opening hours of course....:cool:

asset test

So no more cash in hand business anymore. That's what this is all about. Tarmac Tom and Bob the Builder etc. No cash, no underdeclarations for the taxman :p

Nesuno

What's an ATM?

The Drink Link.

Spirit Of Newgrange

the cashless society. Electronic audit trails. That will finish prostitution, drugs, and tax dodging then.

constitutionus

two chances of this happening.

shure they need the ATMs to replace the staff !

:D

sides, were still as cash happy as we ever were. were still around the 78% mark

Gin Soaked

So no more cash in hand business anymore. That's what this is all about. Tarmac Tom and Bob the Builder etc. No cash, no underdeclarations for the taxman :p
This will also make paying the child minder a bit of a palaver. Accept that cobbling together €200 a week in cash is less onerous than €5k for a dodgy builder....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies