Dail Christmas Break

Asparagus

Ulster-Lad

The Dáil is NOT accountable to anyone. Not even the people in this country.

Besides they can do less damage if they are away.

Limestone

I couldn't agree more. In the National interest, the Dail should sit through the break and sort this mess. I'm thinking of emailing every member of the Dail on this issue. A word in the ear of the IMF mightn't go astray either.

Asparagus

people work over the christmas week in my company so why are these fools exempt
Cos they get to vote for holidays with full pay.
as your company's people will work over christmas to generate the tax to pay them

Asparagus

Last year I took one day off for christmas day because I run a small business. This year Christmas day is on a saturday, so no day off for me.

TDs should see the real world.
You will work like Bob Cratchit so to pay for their roast Swan's stuffed with pate and caviar.

Well done.

olamp

Why is the Dail not sitting this morning ?Where the hell are the useless bastards when the country is falling into total ruin?

Chrisco

I will take to the streets if they are not back in session on January 4th.

Asparagus

Why is the Dail not sitting this morning ?Where the hell are the useless bastards when the country is falling into total ruin?
They are taking violin lessons and arson classes

paddywhack

In view of the urgency of the situation, the Dail should sit 5 days a week and close on Bankholidays only until such time as the budget is passed and a date set for the election.

Maximus Cynicus

It's vital that WE pass the budget on 7th December - IN THE NATIONAL INTEREST. It's essential that we put down a credible 4 year plan - IN THE NATIONAL INTEREST. It's imperative that we secure the bailout before anyone else gets their paws on the dosh - IN THE NATIONAL INTEREST. There is an urgent need for everyone to don the green jersey - IN THE NATIONAL INTEREST.

However, we might decide to naff off for 3-4 weeks over Xmas/New Year and stuff not only the turkey but also THE NATIONAL INTEREST

EUrJokingMeRight

I will take to the streets if they are not back in session on January 4th.
By January it will be too late. You need to hit the streets over the next two weeks. Everybody does.
These gangsters have to be shown the door.
They are not respecting the democratic right of the people.
Trying to save their friends skins by passing a budget that will protect them.
The budget has to be stopped and FF need to be cast into the night.
Only a new government can pass the budget.
The IMF and ECB can wait.
We, as a nation, have some democratic house work to do.
You need to think of your family and friends first, not what these two cartels, the IMF and ECB, want.
Let You, your family and your friends have their say in an election first, THEN have a budget.

Hardball

The word from the dark corridors of Mordor is that Sauron will return on Wed 19th Jan.

The Finance and Social Welfare Bills will take about 5 weeks to go through the Houses, setting things up for an General Election in the last week of March

New Threads

Most Replies