Dail election for mid January 2018?

gleeful

The word tonight is that Leo has met with the FG party and told them to prepare for a mid January election. This is because FF has tabled a no confidence motion and so ended the 'confidence and supply' deal.

Everyone ready for a January election?

paulp

The word tonight is that Leo has met with the FG party and told them to prepare for a mid January election. This is because FF has tabled a no confidence motion and so ended the 'confidence and supply' deal.

looking like it,
wahoo! chasing votes in rain & snow

culmore

if Government falls on Tuesday, election will have to be held in December

Hitchcock

If and I think it's unlikely it does happen I'd assume it will be in December.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
The plan for the Character assassination of Sergent McCabe went well then.....:rolleyes:

midlander12

How can they stretch it to January? The election has to be held within 30 days of the dissolution.

HenryHorace

Forget about an election people need to be locked up for the treatment of the whistle blowers. We need justice not the same old same of FG/FF corruption and spin.

Gwannow

A bad time for an election> Perhaps. Although if the poor can't get out to vote because of snow and ice then those who have the means to do so (i.e. who can afford snow tyres, SUVs, Taxis etc ) will vote.
Maybe it will suit some party.

talkingshop

How can they stretch it to January? The election has to be held within 30 days of the dissolution.
But is there any rule about how soon you have to dissolve the Dáil after a no confidence motion in a Minister? In fact I'm not even sure that the Dail has to be dissolved after a NCM in a Minister...

flavirostris

FF will be punished for triggering an unnecessary election.

talkingshop

Where did you hear this?!

If so, great, I hope it's true, let the chips fall where they may. There is no way Fitzgerald should be sacked over an email to suit SF and FF agendas.

Henry94.

But is any rule about how soon you have to dissolve the Dáil after a no confidence motion in a Minister? In fact I'm not sure that the Dail has to be dissolved after a NCM in a Minister...
If the Minister gets booted out by a confidence motion could the government then put down a motion of confidence in itself on which FF would abstain thereby avoiding an election.

Wascurito

People will be intensely annoyed about this election. I know I am.....

automaticforthepeople

There's no chance of an election in mid January, that's when the independent alliance are set to bring peace to the Korean Peninsula. Why would Ireland be so selfish to put world peace in jeopardy?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies