Dail Numbers and Votes

adamirer

The 1st vote tonight was won 81-75 in the Government's favour. I'm looking at the numbers.

Government:
FF 70
WL-FF 4 - (Whipless) Devins, Scanlon, McDaid, mattie mcgrath
GR 6
Ind 3 - Harney, Lowry & JHRae
Total = 83

CC = 1 ( total=84), Vacancies = 3 (total=87)

Opposition:
FG 51
Lab 20 (inc Broughan - still whipless????)
SF 4
Ind 4 (Joe Behan, O'Sullivan, McGrath, Noel Grealish)
Total = 79 (total=166) or in real terms 83 vs 79

Of the 81-75, Michael Martin and Mary Coughlin are paired.. but that should make it 81 - 77... I guess McGarth & O'Sullivan up to their tricks again. Never thought I'd say it, but fair play to Noel Grealsh.

How do people see the numbers playing out on Health votes?

Last edited:

Chrisco

The 1st vote tonight was won 81-75 in the Government's favour. I'm looking at the numbers.

Government:
FF 71
WL-FF 3 - (Whipless) Devins, Scanlon, McDaid
GR 6
Ind 3 - Harney, Lowry & JHRae
Total = 83

CC = 1 (85), Vacancies = 3 (88)

Opposition:
FG 51
Lab 20 (inc Broughan - still whipless????)
SF 4
Ind 4 (Joe Behan, O'Sullivan, McGrath, Noel Grealish)
Total = 79 (166) or in real terms 83 vs 79

Of the 81-75, Michael Martin and Mary Coughlin are paired.. but that should make it 81 - 77... I guess McGarth & O'Sullivan up to their tricks again. Never thought I'd say it, but fair play to Noel Grealsh.

How do people see the numbers playing out on Health votes?
I don't understand what the 85 and 88 are about in brackets, but otherwise you are spot on.

EDIT: You forgot Mattie among whipless wonders.

And 77-81 was the result on the By-election writs.

adamirer

I don't understand what the 85 and 88 are about in brackets, but otherwise you are spot on.

EDIT: You forgot Mattie among whipless wonders.

And 77-81 was the result on the By-election writs.
edits made, thanks!

Last edited:

adamirer

Worth saying, Mattie McGrath voted for the gov against the by-elections. Minutes later....

Independent TD Mattie McGrath is forecasting the Fianna Fáil-Green Party coalition will not survive until next summer.

The Tipperary South deputy - who lost the Fianna Fáil whip for voting against the Government - believes the Budget and Finance Bill will prove too tricky.

He is refusing to say if the Taoiseach Brian Cowen can count on his support any more - which would depend on the retention of acute services at the South Tipperary General Hospital.

Newsy

Worth saying, Mattie McGrath voted for the gov against the by-elections. Minutes later....
The only issue that concerns mattie is the health cuts in Clonmel.......there's a man of VISION........:mad:

Chrisco

The only issue that concerns mattie is the health cuts in Clonmel.......there's a man of VISION........:mad:
Mattie McGrath

Stevie Wonder

Baron von Biffo

We had Dublin TDs complaining recently about closing a swimming pool. Closing a Dublin pool means at worst 2 bus trips to the next one. Closing regional hospitals means people suffer and die.

I think McGrath is generally a mouthy twat but he's right to do what he can to protect essential services.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies