• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Dail Numbers and Votes

adamirer

The 1st vote tonight was won 81-75 in the Government's favour. I'm looking at the numbers.

Government:
FF 70
WL-FF 4 - (Whipless) Devins, Scanlon, McDaid, mattie mcgrath
GR 6
Ind 3 - Harney, Lowry & JHRae
Total = 83

CC = 1 ( total=84), Vacancies = 3 (total=87)

Opposition:
FG 51
Lab 20 (inc Broughan - still whipless????)
SF 4
Ind 4 (Joe Behan, O'Sullivan, McGrath, Noel Grealish)
Total = 79 (total=166) or in real terms 83 vs 79

Of the 81-75, Michael Martin and Mary Coughlin are paired.. but that should make it 81 - 77... I guess McGarth & O'Sullivan up to their tricks again. Never thought I'd say it, but fair play to Noel Grealsh.

How do people see the numbers playing out on Health votes?

Last edited:

Chrisco

The 1st vote tonight was won 81-75 in the Government's favour. I'm looking at the numbers.

Government:
FF 71
WL-FF 3 - (Whipless) Devins, Scanlon, McDaid
GR 6
Ind 3 - Harney, Lowry & JHRae
Total = 83

CC = 1 (85), Vacancies = 3 (88)

Opposition:
FG 51
Lab 20 (inc Broughan - still whipless????)
SF 4
Ind 4 (Joe Behan, O'Sullivan, McGrath, Noel Grealish)
Total = 79 (166) or in real terms 83 vs 79

Of the 81-75, Michael Martin and Mary Coughlin are paired.. but that should make it 81 - 77... I guess McGarth & O'Sullivan up to their tricks again. Never thought I'd say it, but fair play to Noel Grealsh.

How do people see the numbers playing out on Health votes?
I don't understand what the 85 and 88 are about in brackets, but otherwise you are spot on.

EDIT: You forgot Mattie among whipless wonders.

And 77-81 was the result on the By-election writs.

adamirer

I don't understand what the 85 and 88 are about in brackets, but otherwise you are spot on.

EDIT: You forgot Mattie among whipless wonders.

And 77-81 was the result on the By-election writs.
edits made, thanks!

Last edited:

adamirer

Worth saying, Mattie McGrath voted for the gov against the by-elections. Minutes later....

Independent TD Mattie McGrath is forecasting the Fianna Fáil-Green Party coalition will not survive until next summer.

The Tipperary South deputy - who lost the Fianna Fáil whip for voting against the Government - believes the Budget and Finance Bill will prove too tricky.

He is refusing to say if the Taoiseach Brian Cowen can count on his support any more - which would depend on the retention of acute services at the South Tipperary General Hospital.

Newsy

Worth saying, Mattie McGrath voted for the gov against the by-elections. Minutes later....
The only issue that concerns mattie is the health cuts in Clonmel.......there's a man of VISION........:mad:

Chrisco

The only issue that concerns mattie is the health cuts in Clonmel.......there's a man of VISION........:mad:
Mattie McGrath

Stevie Wonder

Baron von Biffo

We had Dublin TDs complaining recently about closing a swimming pool. Closing a Dublin pool means at worst 2 bus trips to the next one. Closing regional hospitals means people suffer and die.

I think McGrath is generally a mouthy twat but he's right to do what he can to protect essential services.