Fine Gael 51
Labour Party 20
Green Party 6
Sinn Féin 5
Independents 7
Vacant 3
Ceann Comhairle 1

Based on the above number FF and the Greens have 81 votes

The remainder of the House now has 83 votes. Given that JHR and Michael Lowry have both publically stated that they are no longer supporting the government will FG and Lab have the courage to bring down the budget, the government and today’s horrendous deal with the IMF / ECB?

Will Jackie Healy Rae and Michael Lowry stick by their words in no longer supporting the government and vote against the IMF deal and the budget?

Last edited:

westie12

Unfortunately, I don't think that the IMF deal will be/has to be put to the Dail.

Tea Party Patriot

Personally I am still holding out faint hope that the above is possible and that this deal may not yet be approved by the house.

Any lawyers know if it requires a vote?

SideysGhost

Why on earth would it be voted on? Youse don't have a country any more. De forreners are in charge and any combination of gombeens in the Dáil will merely be following orders for the next 5 years at least.

Berty

I think the only thing being voted on is the budget

USER1234

Personally I am still holding out faint hope that the above is possible and that this deal may not yet be approved by the house.

Any lawyers know if it requires a vote?
I'd be amazed if they did put it to a vote with it and them being so unpopular, the crap would hit the fan if it was rejected, it would also be there death-knell!!!!

draiocht23

Brian Cowen, on The Week in Politics, confirmed that it will NOT be voted on in the Dáil.

After all, it's only an €85 bailout and the loss of our economic sovereignty. Why in heavens would our parliament be voting on it.

sport02

We didn't get a say on NAMA, we didn't get a say on this bailout.
We had to go to the courts to get the DSW bi-election.

It is like a bloody dictatorship on this small island of ours.

lying eyes

If there is a couple of decent TD.s who reaaally belive in the national interest they will vote against this upcoming bu dged. Europe will have to relook at the situation.

Buddies

I have said it 4 times tonight here 29.5.2 of the constitution

1° Every international agreement to which the State becomes a party shall be laid before Dáil Éireann.

2° The State shall not be bound by any international agreement involving a charge upon public funds unless the terms of the agreement shall have been approved by Dáil Éireann

3° This section shall not apply to agreements or conventions of a technical and adminstrative character.

Someone, and i'll do it if its possible ,i don't own a euro, should bring this to the attention of the high court and at least throw a spanner in the works

sport02

I thought there was a stipulation put down, that the first installment of this fund could not be drawn down on, unless the budget was passed.
That was the line coming out of europe this week.
I wonder if Ireland rejects the budget, it calls into question the bailout,maybe tomorrow someone needs to pose that proposition to Enda or Eamon.

Tea Party Patriot

I thought there was a stipulation put down, that the first installment of this fund could not be drawn down on, unless the budget was passed.
That was the line coming out of europe this week.
I wonder if Ireland rejects the budget, it calls into question the bailout,maybe tomorrow someone needs to pose that proposition to Enda or Eamon.
Indeed that should certainly be put to them. Also I wonder if the house called a vote of no confidence in the government on Tuesday would it be too late?

It boggles the mind that they can sign an €85 billion euro mortgage on the country without it having to pass a vote in the Dáil.

Buddies

Indeed that should certainly be put to them. Also I wonder if the house called a vote of no confidence in the government on Tuesday would it be too late?

It boggles the mind that they can sign an €85 billion euro mortgage on the country without it having to pass a vote in the Dáil.
This is like a sub prime mortgage on property we didn't ask to buy!

Are SF putting this motion down, I hear , if they form a technical group?

FG were well able to put the motion down when they saw it politically expedient

Super ted

I have said it 4 times tonight here 29.5.2 of the constitution

1° Every international agreement to which the State becomes a party shall be laid before Dáil Éireann.

2° The State shall not be bound by any international agreement involving a charge upon public funds unless the terms of the agreement shall have been approved by Dáil Éireann

3° This section shall not apply to agreements or conventions of a technical and adminstrative character.

Someone, and i'll do it if its possible ,i don't own a euro, should bring this to the attention of the high court and at least throw a spanner in the works
Start a thread with something to this effect in the title it will get someones attention who'll pass it on

Tea Party Patriot

i have said it 4 times tonight here 29.5.2 of the constitution

1° every international agreement to which the state becomes a party shall be laid before dáil éireann.

2° the state shall not be bound by any international agreement involving a charge upon public funds unless the terms of the agreement shall have been approved by dáil éireann

3° this section shall not apply to agreements or conventions of a technical and adminstrative character.

start a thread with something to this effect in the title it will get someones attention who'll pass it on
+1000

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies