• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Daily Mail - Irish Edition Online?

MadAsHell

Hi

I may be blind, but can't find a link to an Irish version of the Daily Mail on their website.

Anyone know if there is such a thing?

I've emailed their help desk, but so far no reply.

:?

Verhofstadt

Website
My ma said if you spend too much time lookin' at the photos on Daily Mail online you'll certainly go blind.. and get hairy palms.

draiocht23

The Daily Mail has only recently agreed to tolerate Ireland - expecting a website is a bit much.

Maybe in a couple of hundred years...

Captain Con O'Sullivan

Don't know how true this is but i've been told that Lord Northcliffe (?) explained the setting up of the Daily Wail with the comment 'I want to give people their daily hate'.

Possibly apocryphal but I do recall some years ago when Paul Dacre announced that because of costs there would be no pay rises for DM staff- shortly before the traditional Christmas celebration was kicked off by Dacres' arrival at the office where he was applauded past the staff and the giant ice-sculpture of the DM logo which cost much money was was slowly melting away ... drip, drip. Drip, drip.

Cincinnatus

Website
www.supernatural.ie

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com

rubensni

When you click on the journalists names for the Irish stories, only articles that appear after 15/5/10 are displayed - which would indicate that the Associated Newspapers IT department must have recently been notified that Pat now not only has his own edition of the paper, but has a computer as well.

Search Results| Niamh Walsh | Mail Online
Search Results| John Lee | Mail Online

Maybe this is the start of something beautiful :rolleyes:

stanley

When you click on the journalists names for the Irish stories, only articles that appear after 15/5/10 are displayed - which would indicate that the Associated Newspapers IT department must have recently been notified that Pat now not only has his own edition of the paper, but has a computer as well.

Search Results| Niamh Walsh | Mail Online
Search Results| John Lee | Mail Online

Maybe this is the start of something beautiful :rolleyes:

Is this still the only way, as personally I do not know all the journalist's names.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
Meanwhile the Daily Mail is giving away millions of "Free" Elvis Presley films on DVD starting tomorrow with G.I. Blues. Not the best but it does showcase Elvis's US army years. (What a waste of his astounding talent )

Look out for "King Creole" It's regarded by many as Elvis's best movie.

Do we really have to read the awful newspaper though? :) It's comment section on the web comes in handy now and again.

Mihangel Gorllewin

Finding The Irish Mail in hEireann

Had a look for you - Wikipedia was quite helpful . . Don't know any Irish myself (I'm a quarter Welsh and have never managed to trace the other grandparental quarter that may just be Irish) but Irish has helped me here and there to learn Russian incidentally. Take P Celtic Pen for instance (mountain in Welsh P changes to Q chez vous . And ïåíü means tree stump. Don't know why I surfed here .Must be St B's day Power!