Dalkey Family Seeks to Quash Verdict on Death of Baby

Lara2

Is this the Dalkey House of Horrors case again? This has been going on for about 20 years now. I seem to recall reading that the Director of Public Prosecutions had declined on EIGHT occasions to bring a criminal prosecution against the parents of the woman making the allegations. The amount of time spent by the Gardai and DPP officials on those investigations must have been enormous. Both parents are now dead and the Gardai are STILL digging - in every sense of the word!
Gardaí to dig up Dublin garden in search for

Gardaí to Dig up Dublin Garden in Search for ‘Murdered Babies’
Woman, who says she was victim of abuse, claims to have given birth to two children

Gardaí are preparing to excavate the garden of a house in south Dublin where a woman has alleged two children she gave birth to were murdered and buried. The woman, who is now middle aged, came forward to gardaí last year and told them she had been the victim of sexual abuse at the hands of men she knew as a child. She alleged she was raped and abused over a period of about 10 years. ......

OK it says the woman came forward "last year" but all the other details seem to be identical to the Dalkey case. Did she come forward AGAIN last year or is this a completely different case??
I thought it was the Cynthia Murphy case too when I heard about it on the radio the other day. But I don't think it is because the Gardaí from Crumlin are involved and are searching a garden in the Walkinstown area. I can't provide any links because the location of the house hasn't been disclosed and nothing is going to be said about it unless some evidence of bodies are found. The search will go on for about a month but I can confirm it is going on in Walkinstown and not Dalkey. The woman went to the gardaí a year ago.

HereWeGoAgain

I thought it was the Cynthia Murphy case too when I heard about it on the radio the other day. But I don't think it is because the Gardaí from Crumlin are involved and are searching a garden in the Walkinstown area. I can't provide any links because the location of the house hasn't been disclosed and nothing is going to be said about it unless some evidence of bodies are found. The search will go on for about a month but I can confirm it is going on in Walkinstown and not Dalkey. The woman went to the gardaí a year ago.
Yes, Lara, this appears to be another case.

Ireland Live News on UTV Ireland today broke the news of the case, which comes after months of investigation by detectives.
According to the station’s Zara King, the now 53-year-old woman came forward to allege she had been abused by her father and other men between 1966, when she was just five, and 1977.
Link
Gardaí to dig at south Dublin house after claims that two babies were killed there

derryman

freewillie

Dear God how absolutely twisted and evil the human species is . How many stories like this are not and never will be told. In an earlier post I said I hoped there is a special hell for the abusers. Well I also hope there is a special place in heaven for their victims, God knows what a hell this life has been for them.
Before you get too upset why not wait to see if the story is true or is she just another headbanger

Kilbarry

Well who would have thought it? An article at the bottom of page 8 in The Sunday Times today is headed "Gardai Fail to Find Evidence of Babies Buried in Back Garden". And I am certain there will be more allegations of this type in future - with the same outcome in each case. A huge amount of police work has gone into this case - though not as much as Operation Midland in the UK where Tory MPs were supposed to have raped and murdered children decades ago. In Ireland THAT type of claim will be directed against Fianna Fail of course!

alloverbartheshouting

Well who would have thought it? An article at the bottom of page 8 in The Sunday Times today is headed "Gardai Fail to Find Evidence of Babies Buried in Back Garden". And I am certain there will be more allegations of this type in future - with the same outcome in each case. A huge amount of police work has gone into this case - though not as much as Operation Midland in the UK where Tory MPs were supposed to have raped and murdered children decades ago. In Ireland THAT type of claim will be directed against Fianna Fail of course!
Do you really think that there is an ABFF element to this?

Seanie Lemass

Before you get too upset why not wait to see if the story is true or is she just another headbanger

Indeed. I have heard actual names put to the people alleged to have been involved in the Dalkey case. They were easily identifiable given the details of the accusations that wee published.

How are these people or their families supposed to be compensated for that?

Obviously, there have been horrific cases of abuse in this country, but there is no way that investigations into allegations should be partly conducted through the tabloids, as this one was.

Kilbarry

ABFF? American Black Film Festival? No but previous allegations of child murder - including ones relating to periods when no child died of ANY cause - were made against the Christian Brothers and the Sisters of Mercy. (Try googling the phrase Murder of the Undead). Alan Shatter made a similar allegation (re the murder of a 10 year old girl in 1970) against Catholic clergy. All those claims have been discredited so Fianna Fail may well be the next targets.

freewillie

Another waste of police time. Some nutter of a queer one makes up a story and the police waste weeks on it. I thought she was the type that Grangegorman was built for

davidcameron

I believe that the retired garda is accused in the case is innocent because he went public. After all, Harvey Proctor and Lord Bramall went public to protest their innocence and police have found that there is no justification for continuing the investigation.

Kilbarry

A follow up to the "Dalkey House of Horrors" case. Convicted rapist Patrick Nevin is the son of the chief protagonist in that case - Cynthia Owen.

........Nevin comes from a dark and troubled background. He is the son of Cynthia Owen, herself the victim of a sexual assault who, in 2007, was named as the mother of a baby girl found stabbed to death in a Dún Laoghaire laneway in 1973.

She was aged just 11 when she gave birth to the infant and has claimed she was repeatedly raped as a child by her father, Peter Murphy, at their home at White's Villas in Dalkey. She also claimed that she was sold for sex to a group of men. [my emphasis]

The murder of the baby, in what was dubbed the "Dalkey house of horrors" case, remains unsolved and Ms Owen's parents, Nevin's grandparents, have since died.

Ms Owen has since denounced her son's crimes, saying: "There are no excuses for what he did.".......

Kilbarry

freewillie said:

Indeed. I have heard actual names put to the people alleged to have been involved in the Dalkey case. They were easily identifiable given the details of the accusations that wee published.

How are these people or their families supposed to be compensated for that?

Obviously, there have been horrific cases of abuse in this country, but there is no way that investigations into allegations should be partly conducted through the tabloids, as this one was.
I'm replying to two posts of 3 years ago BUT the "Dalkey House of Horrors" case is in the news again. One of the victims of that lunatic witch-hunt was the late Frank Mullen a founding member of the Garda Representative Association and of Dalkey United football club. He was asked to leave the club as a result of the allegations made by Cynthia Owen. I don't think anybody actually believed her claims - which included Satanic Ritual Abuse. It was Hysteria for the sake of Hysteria!

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies