• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Dan Boyle planning a Comeback....

spidermom

I see from the Journal.ie that Dan Boyle is considering running in the local elections next year....(cant link from phone)....

Be interesting to see what he would poll.Am I right in thinking he never managed to get elected to anything??

:)

D

Deleted member 17573

I see from the Journal.ie that Dan Boyle is considering running in the local elections next year....(cant link from phone)....

Be interesting to see what he would poll.Am I right in thinking he never managed to get elected to anything??

Is he twittering on his plans?

tigerben

Will he do a singalong election campaign ! We do have the cream of the crop of politicans here in cork and county!

cillian32

Sure why not .....all is forgiven .....Bring back the dream team of FFailures and tomato posters:-(

Boy M5

As his cousin Susan?
I mean has anyone seen the pair of them in the same room?

lying eyes

Danny Boy was elected in 2002 in Cork south Cen. That would not surprise me, as that Cork crowd have been electing Tricky Martin for years. Martin ( the fellow who put money into ladies accounts) has achieved nothing for twenty years-oh -sorry, he did assist to destroy the Country........

LINKS FAHREN

In the story below the one about the probable return of Boyle in journal.ie, we see Eamonn Ryan stating that the Greens predicted the property crash but didn't do enough to warn people. They lacked conviction, he says...so much so that they went into Government with the gang who helped cause the destruction of the country's economy.

A recycled-career announcement sits above a recycled version of history.

Eoin Coir

He was elected to Dail in 2002 but lost seat in 2007. I suppose he has to do something for a crust.

im axeled

if he is smoking/dreaming, then its best if he takes some more guitar lessons, that rythem crack never worked.

jmcc

Quick - someone abolish the Seanad now! :)

Spanner Island

It looks like Gerry's 'they haven't gone away' warning applies to all the useless tossers in the Irish 'establishment' and beyond...

Dan Boyle... the tedious tweeting kite flier... FFS... :roll:

Why don't these idiots just f*** off and leave us all alone..?

God knows they've done enough damage...

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com

No you would be wrong. He was elected to Cork City Council in 1999 and the Dail in 2002.

Analyzer

As his cousin Susan?
I mean has anyone seen the pair of them in the same room?
She has issued a statement stating that she is not related to him in any way, and that she has nothing to do with him.

Hard to blame her. Who wants to be related to a twat who twitted, and ensured that the banks got looled after, while pretending to be outraged.

Eoin Coir

Possibly the one good thing he ever did in life was tweeted and helped get rid of Willie O Dea. Even the worst can have at least one redeeming feature.

LINKS FAHREN

Boyle may find a few votes among the liberals in the western and better-off part of the S.E. Ward around Ballinlough/Tramore Road and into Ballintemple but I can't see him going down too well around working-class Mahon.

It's currently 3FG, 1 LAB, 1 SF, 1 FF AND 1 IND. One FG (Corr) has been there since about 1823, the FFer is a long-time councillor and Chris O'Leary(SF and former Green! but elected as an Independent) would walk in. The other two FGers are younger and topped the poll in 2009 and I haven't a clue about the Labour councillor . The Independent is Kieran McCarthy, whose election was a mystery to me.

We're only about 900 votes away from a return for Boyle in 2014.