Darkness descends in Winter from today, have you taken your Vitamin D yet?

asset test

It is the cycle of the seasons. I know that.

But the darkness at 4pm or thereabouts quite soon can be problematic for people's mood.

But has anyone taken Vitamin D in the Winter? I have since two years ago, twice the recommended dosage of 10mcgr per day. It does have an effect. Maybe it is just in my head though. But I ain't stopping now!

What say you?

Wascurito

I don't take anything but I understand that it can be a grim time for many people.

Hallowtide to New Year is the real depth of the winter, my late mother used to say. By early January, you can see a wee brightening in the sky in the evenings and you know that the sun has turned.

cricket

A good brisk walk during daylight is my recommendation to combat this.

odlum

Thinking about FF regaining power next year and turning our country around will help get us by. :)

stopdoingstuff

Dope is the answer. Smoking dope is basically the best thing in the world.

Bill

Is there much vitamin D in Cider?

ger12

I've been taking a Sona D1000 every day for a couple of years.

Deadlock

But the darkness at 4pm or thereabouts quite soon can be problematic for people's mood.

But has anyone taken Vitamin D in the Winter? I have since two years ago, twice the recommended dosage of 10mcgr per day. It does have an effect. Maybe it is just in my head though. But I ain't stopping now!

What say you?
Sounds like good advice.

There were some feasibility studies done in the UK into introducing supplementary Vit D in to the food supply in Scotland, as it is Scotland that usually receives least sunlight in the UK, and Vit D deficits here are highest (high levels of MS being an indicator).

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/dec/23/vitamin-d-scotland-food-multiple-sclerosis

brughahaha

What say you?
Yep , recommended by my doc 3 years ago , i certainly find it beneficial , my work means i see very little daylight on certain days ......although our winters seem much milder these days, today was a beaut , real warmth in the sun

brughahaha

Send me your address and I will provide you with free marijuana, just as a reward for being a nice lady.
Meh ! , personal experience amongst me and my friends would lead me to believe that regular joint smoking often leads to mood swings and psychological problems .......

midlander12

I used to find Nov/Dec really tiresome (still do) but for me the worst time for my moods is the typical Irish summer weather of clouds, rain and temps barely hitting the mid-teens. This summer actually wasn't so bad, but the 3 months up to last week were very poor indeed.

ger12

Send me your address and I will provide you with free marijuana, just as a reward for being a nice lady.
I will not see 2018 without first doing just that in 2017.

I reckon I'm now at age where I can start doin' drugs.

Cruimh

What say you?
Even though I have an excellent diet because I cannot tolerate sunshine I have been taking a Vitamin D supplement for a couple of years now and I think it has been beneficial. And it isn't as if it is expensive.

Pabilito

What say you?
We’ve been hitting Spain for Christmas since 2010.. it actually works out costing about the same as staying here.. plus with the heat (18 degrees approx) and the few hours longer daylight it’s a huge Vitimin D boost !..

The big advantage is getting away from the Christmas hype\shyte.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies