Darkness into light - bringing hypocrisy into the open

Reasunach

Pieta House founder surprised Enda Kenny had 'the neck' to take part in Darkness Into Light | BreakingNews.ie

Enda wasn't the only one to don a t-shirt for the day in the knowledge that we wouldn't need suicide support charities if the proper resources were in place and functioning properly. Included in that are all the people who had no problem getting up at 4.15 to be part of a great "networking" event but who wouldn't answer the phone to a family member at that time of the morning. Our lovely chief whip was also heard to comment after attending her local event that "the breakfast was fab". Just a pity that our health services don't come up to that mark then.

Disillusioned democrat

Pieta House exists because of government failure to provide a comprehensive health and mental health service.

The very fact that Enda Kenny was there at all is an admission of failure - but out politicians don;t seem to see it like that.

gerhard dengler

Pieta House founder surprised Enda Kenny had 'the neck' to take part in Darkness Into Light | BreakingNews.ie

Enda wasn't the only one to don a t-shirt for the day in the knowledge that we wouldn't need suicide support charities if the proper resources were in place and functioning properly. Included in that are all the people who had no problem getting up at 4.15 to be part of a great "networking" event but who wouldn't answer the phone to a family member at that time of the morning. Our lovely chief whip was also heard to comment after attending her local event that "the breakfast was fab". Just a pity that our health services don't come up to that mark then.
I listened to Joan Freeman speak about this and she is absolutely correct in her comments, I think.

I think that she is spot on to highlight the hypocrisy of any government minister "supporting" a cause, that they have otherwise sought to not support.

tipofdiceberg

Pieta House exists because of government failure to provide a comprehensive health and mental health service.

The very fact that Enda Kenny was there at all is an admission of failure - but out politicians don;t seem to see it like that.
Enda Kenny was advised that he should go. He should have kept on walking.

hammer

No problem with EK attending.

Ye would all be moaning if he didn`t attend also.

There is nobody not touched by mental health issues and suicide in this country.

Disillusioned democrat

There is nobody not touched by mental health issues and suicide in this country.
I really don't think people wouldn't give a flying phuck if Kenny wasn't there, to be honest.

He's fast becoming an embarrassment to everyone except FG.

Last edited:

Reasunach

If he was providing the proper resources to our health services he wouldn't need to go. But it's not just him. It's all those other "look at me I'm supporting a charity" hypocrites who wouldn't support a family member or a friend in a crisis that really make my blood boil.

Socratus O' Pericles

Voters don't see it like that either or the fukker would be run out of town on a rail.

hammer

Strange that FF IMF seem to forget their own inactivity with regard to Mental Health Budgets in the past and the impact they had on running the country over a cliff.

Socratus O' Pericles

I would NOT be moaning, I wish the two faced fukker would stay away from such events and do his job, i.e. providing first world services for a first world country--if there are vested interests, take them on, show some cojones. He's a schnaky fukker.

EUrJokingMeRight

Indeed. The mentalers in government have ************************ed everyone up, except themselves.

Watcher2

Of course. Can you imagine why at al, at all? Go on, give it a go hammer.

tipofdiceberg

Strange that FF IMF seem to forget their own inactivity with regard to Mental Health Budgets in the past and the impact they had on running the country over a cliff.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you should choose your words a little better when trying to get a political "point scoring" message across.
I'm thinking of Simon Coveney's dad (RIP) who was found at the bottom of a cliff.

Last edited:

hammer

Strange that FF IMF seem to forget their own inactivity with regard to Mental Health Budgets in the past and the impact they had on running the country over a cliff.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you should choose your words a little better when trying to get a political "point scoring" message across.
I'm thinking of Simon Coveney's dad (RIP) who was found at the bottom of a cliff.
Something wrong with your brain so.

Gurdiev77

If he was providing the proper resources to our health services he wouldn't need to go. But it's not just him. It's all those other "look at me I'm supporting a charity" hypocrites who wouldn't support a family member or a friend in a crisis that really make my blood boil.
I don't think you should be so quick to declare people as 'hypocrites who wouldn't support 'family members and friends ' in a crisis.'

Most of us have no clue how to handle friends suffering from depression, or whether it is even possible to Help . Suicidal thoughts are often deeply hidden, and when it happens many people had no warning that it was impending . More professional help seems to be what's needed.

Reasunach

I don't think you should be so quick to declare people as 'hypocrites who wouldn't support 'family members and friends ' in a crisis.'

Most of us have no clue how to handle friends suffering from depression, or whether it is even possible to Help . Suicidal thoughts are often deeply hidden, and when it happens many people had no warning that it was impending . More professional help seems to be what's needed.
Point taken. The vast majority of people who took part in DILwere there for the right reasons, but I know of quite a few who, through twitter and FB, were using the event to network when they would shun friends or family in need. We need, as a country, to find compassion again for those who are vulnerable. It seems we've fogotten how to help at a local level until it turns into a national crisis.

Watcher2

So he attends - P.ie moans
So he doesn`t attend - P.ie moans
He cuts resources and funding....THAT'S what this is about. Don't tell me you didn't pick up on that. Kenny is a fvcking idiot. How the hell he thought supporting a fundraiser that is so needed because Kenny wont do his job properly (if at all) is simply fvcking astounding.

New Threads

Most Replies