Darwin's Doubt

owedtojoy

I am drawn inevitably to the conclusion that Volatitre is lying. There is no other result to conclude.
Lying is all climate change deniers can do, and Wallytire is one of those, too.

Pyewacket

Lying is all climate change deniers can do, and Wallytire is one of those, too.
I am not even sure most of these posters are climate deniers, eg cranks who have convinced themselves it is all a scam or cunning weasels shilling for polluters.

Most of them are people who just associate the issue with their demon hobgoblin "librulls". That is all they need to know to make up their tiny minds.

owedtojoy

I am not even sure most of these posters are climate deniers, eg cranks who have convinced themselves it is all a scam or cunning weasels shilling for polluters.

Most of them are people who just associate the issue with their demon hobgoblin "librulls". That is all they need to know to make up their tiny minds.
It was a masterstroke to make climate change part of the stupid "culture wars" Conservatives have been obsessing over for years. Our grandchildren will wonder "What were they thinking?" - in fact, many of them already are.

I fear the world will play a terrible price - electing climate change deniers like Trump or Fuxxonaro are luxuries we could not afford.

Volatire

Three hard scientific developments in the last 50 years that obliterated Darwinism.

• 968 Kimura identified a powerful evolutionary force - non-adaptive genetic drift. This often swamps Darwinian adaptive selection in practice.
  • Lamarck was demonised by the Old Fraud and his fanboys. Even eugenicist, white supremacist Nature Magazine now admits that Lamarck may have been closer to the truth Evolutionary consequences of epigenetic inheritance
  • Darwin's tree of life does not even exist. Even The fücking Guardian admits this
Science, bitches.

CatullusV

Three hard scientific developments in the last 50 years that obliterated Darwinism.

• 968 Kimura identified a powerful evolutionary force - non-adaptive genetic drift. This often swamps Darwinian adaptive selection in practice.
  • Lamarck was demonised by the Old Fraud and his fanboys. Even eugenicist, white supremacist Nature Magazine now admits that Lamarck may have been closer to the truth Evolutionary consequences of epigenetic inheritance
  • Darwin's tree of life does not even exist. Even The fücking Guardian admits this
Science, bitches.
Can you show were I expressed an Evolution - God dichotomy?

A link would suffice.

CatullusV

Because I am not a pedantic dickhead.
Any sign of that link?

You claimed that I had proposed an Evolution/God dichotomy and used your normal pattern of abuse while doing so.

Any sign of a link to where I did so?

I've asked several times at this stage.

Volatire

The subtitle of the old fraud’s magnum opus is Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life.

Favoured races, huh? The subtitle is even more offensive than the vile “survival of the fittest”.

We all know who Darwin and his fanboys thought the favoured races were. Upper class white Europeans. Wealthy men of leisure.

There is no evidence that vicious competition between genes, individuals or species is the driving force of evolution. The Darwinian insistence on biotic completion is pure pseudo-science that lead directly to Nazism.

CatullusV

The subtitle of the old fraud’s magnum opus is Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life.

Favoured races, huh? The subtitle is even more offensive than the vile “survival of the fittest”.

We all know who Darwin and his fanboys thought the favoured races were. Upper class white Europeans. Wealthy men of leisure.

There is no evidence that vicious competition between genes, individuals or species is the driving force of evolution. The Darwinian insistence on biotic completion is pure pseudo-science that lead directly to Nazism.
Any sign of that link?

McTell

Twitter
No

//
That was darwin's main mistake, assuming that poor people were inferior and were having too many kids.

But that's what nature allowed them, to have lots of kids. Nature doesn't see rags and dirt and the lack of a classical education.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No

Science, bitches.
Heh. Why is Lamarck's evolutionary theory considered incorrect?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Lamarck's theory of evolution has since been discounted with the advent of evidence from molecular biology. He was appreciated for things such as coining the phrase 'invertebrates' and 'biology' itself but his version of evolution didn't outlast his own day, never mind Darwin's day.

CatullusV

Lamarck's theory of evolution has since been discounted with the advent of evidence from molecular biology. He was appreciated for things such as coining the phrase 'invertebrates' and 'biology' itself but his version of evolution didn't outlast his own day, never mind Darwin's day.
Was Lamarck the one who postulated recapitulation - that embryonic development was a reiteration of evolution, with the foetus going through phases including developing gills etc?

I once was on the cusp of buying an apartment on Rue Lamarck in the 18th arrondisement of Paris. The street runs parallel to Rue Darwin.

I guess the point is that Lamarck demonstrates that the scientific method works. He postulated, his postulate was examined, was tested, was discarded.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
The 18th arondissement, is that near the Pigalle or Les Halles area? I'm not great on the geography of the city?

CatullusV

The 18th arondissement, is that near the Pigalle or Les Halles area? I'm not great on the geography of the city?
Montmartre. From the apartment I bought I had a choice. Turn left up the hill to le Sacre Couer, or turn turn right down the hill to the bars and sex shops of Pigalle. The GI's of WWI called the place "Pig Alley".

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Nicest area of Paris in my opinion, Montmartre. Have been more than a few times for a few days of dawdling and otherwise lurking around famous spots such as Shakespeare & Co next to Notre Dame.

Love the view from Montmartre. I might treat myself next spring with another trip as I want to stay at the Irish College in Rue L'Irlandais at least once.

Barroso

I would have taken genetic drift to be precisely the sort of mechanism Darwin had in mind.
It may be non-adaptive in so far as it is random, but this does not mean that some of these random changes won't have an effect on the organism's capacity to survive - some will be deleterious, others positive.
The positive ones will be passed on, and presto, your offspring will be better able to compete for food, or fly or swim or whatever.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies