Date-rape drink spiking 'an urban legend'

BlackWatch

Isn't there a drinking game where two guys drink spiked drinks until one passes out? With the guy still standing,the winner?

Stendec

6 red dots in 526 posts since June 2009. Says it all really.
most of thats from the shinners that dont like any one sayin anything about the murderin ira basterds!!! the rest is the blueshirts caus they go ape ********************e when any one says the big mayo thickll neverbe taoseach!!! your mans talkin ********************e about his sisters drink!!! noone gets there drink spiked she went on the piss an she got caught!!!

The Caped Cod

Blah, blah blah shinners, blah blah blah blueshirts your mans talkin ********************e about his sisters drink!!! noone gets there drink spiked she went on the piss an she got caught!!!
He clearly stated that his sister doesn't drink. At all. You deliberatley insulted his sister because nothing you have to spit is worth listening to.

The Caped Cod

yea he thinks shes a little goody goody but shes not an she got poissed!!!
Yeah, she's a shinner and a blueshirt too. Who knows, she might even be literate

Defcon1

Its suprising people are questioning the statement in relation to spiked drinks.In this day and age im sure everyone knows a family member or friend who has been a victim.I personally know 3.Thankfully none were assaulted and were with friends.And no I didnt drug them and no Im not giving another friend of a friend story.....

This is an issue.But people also need to be responsible when out.Watch your drink.Alcoholic or not.And if your girl on your own dont get too pissed because it just aint safe.I aint being sexist Im just being realistic.

There are real freaks out there....and no i am not one of them.

The Caped Cod

big man i made a mistake!!! i bet you have as big a mouth as your atavar nacker!!!
Knacker is spelt with a "k" by the way. It's not just your bad spelling and grammer it is also the incredible stupidity of what you write

Defcon1

Knacker is spelt with a "k" by the way. It's not just your bad spelling and grammer it is also the incredible stupidity of what you write
He should really spell check his abusive messages:D

cactusflower

From the OP

Nick Ross, chair of the Jill Dando Institute of Crime Science, commented: "There is no evidence of widespread use of hypnotics in sexual assault, let alone Rohypnol, despite many attempts to prove the contrary.

"During thousands of blood and alcohol tests lots of judgement-impairing compounds were discovered, but they were mostly street drugs or prescription pharmaceuticals taken by the victims themselves, and above all alcohol was the common theme.

"As Dr Burgess observes, it is not scientific evidence which keeps the drug rape myth alive but the fact that it serves so many useful functions."

Dr Burgess and his team questioned more than 200 students at universities in London and south east England.

Earlier this year, Australian researchers found that nont one of 97 young men and women admitted to hospital over 19 months to two Perth hospital claiming to have had their drinks spiked, had in fact been drugged.
Drink makes people vulnerable in all kinds of ways. It seems that people underestimate the effect that drink has on them. 97 out of 97 were not able to tell the difference between being very drunk and having been drugged.

weathervane

Its suprising people are questioning the statement in relation to spiked drinks.In this day and age im sure everyone knows a family member or friend who has been a victim.I personally know 3.Thankfully none were assaulted and were with friends.And no I didnt drug them and no Im not giving another friend of a friend story.....

This is an issue.But people also need to be responsible when out.Watch your drink.Alcoholic or not.And if your girl on your own dont get too pissed because it just aint safe.I aint being sexist Im just being realistic.

There are real freaks out there....and no i am not one of them.
If this was as commonplace as you suggest surely there'd be evidence in the form of a pattern positive drug tests from complainants who allege drink spiking (whether it's rohypnol or another drug) - there is no evidence of this and internationally whenever these studies are undertaken the results are the same - alcohol or self-administered drugs are all that's found in the vast majority of cases. This is not to imply that date rape didn't happen in particular cases - just that it may have been facilitated by alcohol rather than other drugs.

wv

Stendec

If this was as commonplace as you suggest surely there'd be evidence in the form of a pattern positive drug tests from complainants who allege drink spiking (whether it's rohypnol or another drug) - there is no evidence of this and internationally whenever these studies are undertaken the results are the same - alcohol or self-administered drugs are all that's found in the vast majority of cases. This is not to imply that date rape didn't happen in particular cases - just that it may have been facilitated by alcohol rather than other drugs.

wv
your dead right young ones is goin out an gettin pissed an there mad for a ride an when they wake up there sorry so they say the young lad spiked them!!!!

Defcon1

wv
It is common but I agree its not as common as people being given too much alcohol.I was once on a holiday were an 18 year old girl was given a triple vodka in her coke by the barman who had an "eye for her".She ended up gettin her stomach pumped.

Stupid people can do stupid things.But drinks can and have gotten spiked.Id hate a culture of complacency to appear in relation to this issue.Better safe then sorry.

your dead right young ones is goin out an gettin pissed an there mad for a ride an when they wake up there sorry so they say the young lad spiked them!!!!
Your such a classy guy.

The Caped Cod

Smooth talking f├╣ckers like yourself no doubt. Women must find the dribble especially attractive

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies