Daughter of top EU official raped and murdered in Germany by refugee

mulligan

Maria Ladenburger, the daughter of a high-ranking EU official, was returning from a party in the university city of Freiburg in Germany when she was assaulted on a cycle path.

She was raped and then drowned before her body was found in the River Dreisam.

The shocking incident happened on October 16 but details have only been released after an arrest on Friday.

The suspect, an Afghan migrant, was caught after police found DNA on a scarf near the path.

The scarf reportedly belonged to Maria.

They also found a strand of hair on a nearby blackberry bush.

Officers then trawled CCTV to see find people with a similar hairstyle, which led them to the suspect.

Following his arrest the suspect, aged 17, pleaded guilty to the attack and will be sentenced next year.

The unnamed migrant arrived in Germany last year as an unaccompanied minor and lived with a local family in the city.

Ms Ladenburger reportedly worked in her spare time helping out in refugee homes in Freiburg.

But it is unclear whether she ever met her murderer before he took her life.

The dead girl's father is Dr. Clemens Ladenburger, a lawyer who works as the right hand man to the legal director of the European Commission.

On October 26 he and his wife Frederika placed a memorial notice for Maria in the Frankfurter Allgemeine newspaper.

It read: "Maria was for 19 years a singular ray of sunshine for our family, and that she will remain.

"We thank God for this gift, that he made you with us. We are sure that she is safe with him."

A funeral requiem was held for Maria on October in Notre Dame des Graces Church in Brussels.

On December 6 this year Maria would have been 20.

David Müller, head of the police's Special Commission, said: “Through interviews and a web-based survey, we were able to reconstruct Maria's final hours.

Bundesrat President Stanislaw Tillich, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and German President Joachim Gauck (LtoR) arrive near Frauenkirche cathedral for celebrations marking the German Unification Day in Dresden, Germany, October 3, 2016

"The 19-year-old student had been at a party. By 2.37am, she left the party. Maria then cycled home, as usual. The young woman had been the victim of a sexual offence and a violent crime."

The horror killing piles more pressure on Chancellor Angela Merkel who opened the nation's borders to more than one million migrants since 2015.

Earlier this week she was blasted by a father-of-four who said he no longer felt safe because of the migrant inlux.

But Dieter Salomon, the mayor of Freiburg warned people not to "apply perpetrator background for sweeping judgements, but to view it as an isolated incident”.

I notice the pro mass immigration media outlets like RTE, BBC, Guardian etc so far suppressing and ignoring this, also happening in Germany possibly to quel any "racist" backlash. Very sad, I don't think this will have any impact however. Knowing these sick Leftists they will probably apologise to the refugees. I'm afraid this is more blood on the hands of Angela Merkel, and this sickening stuff will be occurring in Ireland very soon. Sad this young woman tried to see the best in these people and paid for it with her life. RIP

Maria Ladenburger murder - EU official daughter killed by refugee | World | News | Daily Express
Teenage Afghan immigrant is arrested in Germany over murder of medical student | Daily Mail Online
Teenage refugee arrested on suspicion of rape and murder of 19-year-old daughter of senior EU official - Mirror Online

gleeful

I hope the police have more evidence than that article suggests. They found a hair nearby (in a public place) thats of the same style as some guy who looks like a guy in CCTV? No way theyll get a conviction on that.

picador

I notice the pro mass immigration media outlets like RTE, BBC, Guardian etc so far suppressing and ignoring this, also happening in Germany possibly to quel any "racist" backlash. Very sad, I don't think this will have any impact however. Knowing these sick Leftists they will probably apologise to the refugees. I'm afraid this is more blood on the hands of Angela Merkel, and this sickening stuff will be occurring in Ireland very soon. Sad this young woman tried to see the best in these people and paid for it with her life. RIP

Maria Ladenburger murder - EU official daughter killed by refugee | World | News | Daily Express
Teenage Afghan immigrant is arrested in Germany over murder of medical student | Daily Mail Online
Teenage refugee arrested on suspicion of rape and murder of 19-year-old daughter of senior EU official - Mirror Online
It was in the Daily Mail so it can't be true. #FakeNews

Dr Pat

I hope the police have more evidence than that article suggests. They found a hair nearby (in a public place) thats of the same style as some guy who looks like a guy in CCTV? No way theyll get a conviction on that.
You must not have read the OP nor the articles linked. Reports state that the guy pleaded guilty and will be sentenced next year.

gleeful

You must not have read the OP nor the articles linked. The guy pleaded guilty and will be sentenced next year.
Hmmm... on the basis of the article it sounds like a possible miscarrage of justice. However, given the quality of the source, it could be anything.

BACKTOBASICS

Rotten - rotten - evil, and her death is on the hands of Merkel, the media, and the evil PC liberal set everywhere, both politicians and the weak-willed immoral pro-immigration supporters and quangos.

Last edited:

picador

Hmmm... on the basis of the article it sounds like a possible miscarrage of justice. However, given the quality of the source, it could be anything.
Are you an aspiring lawyer? Maybe you should offer your services.

willow68

You must not have read the OP nor the articles linked. The guy pleaded guilty and will be sentenced next year.
Knowing the German justice system, he will be tried as a minor and spend no more than 3 years in a cushy prison. In the same time she might have finished her studies and become a junior doctor instead of rotting in a grave. Rest in peace poor child.

petaljam

Oh come off it, the girl is dead, it's frankly offensive to use poor reporting as any sort of evidence of a miscarriage of justice.
Is there any actual reason to believe there has been a miscarriage of justice?

willow68

tsarbomb

The person who committed this crime should be hanged as a matter of justice.

We need to stop letting these savages into Europe.

Dr Pat

So even though the youth is reported as pleading guilty he would still be innocent? Pathetic.

mulligan

^^^

Sickening. That apologist and disturbing attitude right there is what lets these crimes happen. It will happen here because of the above type of person is in charge in Ireland.

BACKTOBASICS

Oh come off it, the girl is dead, it's frankly offensive to use poor reporting as any sort of evidence of a miscarriage of justice.
Is there any actual reason to believe there has been a miscarriage of justice?
The miscarriage of justice is letting the rotten piece of filth into Germany in the first place.

Last edited:

Hitchcock

The rape and murder of this youug woman is appalling and the perpetrator should be held accountable and punished for his crime.

Are you posting this story because you are appalled by the crime and as such you will be posting all stories that you come across from all over Europe involving rape and murder?

Or given that you emphasise the man is a 'refugee' I assume this is that the critical point you are trying to make? The question then posed is why is his refugee status important to this particular crime, why does this story merit a thread to itself?

and this sickening stuff will be occurring in Ireland very soon
Man jailed for nine years for stabbing partner

Laois man convicted of raping and beating wife

Hitchcock

The person who committed this crime should be hanged as a matter of justice.

We need to stop letting these savages into Europe.
What savages? How does one spot a rapist?

Hitchcock

You know the type. People from moslem majority countries like Afghanistan, they're the savages.
Oh OK....SO ALL PEOPLE FROM ALL MUSLIM COUNTRIES LIKE AFGHANISTAN ARE ALL SAVAGES AND RAPISTS apparently........Interesting.....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies