• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Dave Mahon found guilty of manslaughter

ShoutingIsLeadership

The judge can decide, via sentence, of how serious an offence of manslaughter it was, I believe

darkhorse

The judge can decide, via sentence, of how serious an offence of manslaughter it was, I believe
I wonder what their deliberations were ...
He ran away from the scene, threw away the knife and admitted to a friend that he killed him - after trying to catch up with him for an entire day
What more did they want?

Dame_Enda

Hard to know but it's clear the victim had very serious mental health issues and suicidal thoughts over his missing sister so it's possible this happened.

darkhorse

Hard to know but it's clear the victim had very serious mental health issues and suicidal thoughts over his missing sister so it's possible this happened.
There was no evidence at all that he walked into the knife. It was a suggestion put forward by Mahon in his defense.

Aindriu

Justice has not been served in this case. I would put him in the frame for the missing Girl Amy too.

ruserious

The elephant in the room now is, where is Amy Fitzpatrick.

Levellers

She was in a sexual relationship with an older man and when she threatened to blab she disappeared.

Pie Thrower

My question is why was his bicycle parked outside the gym yet two days later he needed his walking stick to go to the police station. Hard to believe a word out of the mans mouth.

HereWeGoAgain

Where did you get that from? This family appears, to say the least, very strange to me.
There's some suggestion on wiki page dedicated to her but its far from credible IMO.
There are many questions that will remain unanswered.
I found McMahon's account rather difficult to digest and even more difficult the fact that Dean's mum remained by his side, advocated on his behalf recently, etc.

Its tragic all round. Amy and Dean's father, Christopher Fitzpatrick deserves support, he lost his two children - and has as yet no indication of what happened to his daughter.

HereWeGoAgain

I'd forgotten this, Christopher Fitzpatrick had to go to Court to bury his son as his ex had made the arrangements to do so.

Christopher Fitzpatrick spoke of his relief after he won a High Court case to prevent his ex-wife Audrey Fitzpatrick from burying Dean in a grave beside her mother.

The heartbroken dad told the court he wanted to bury his beloved son in a grave where he hopes to one day place his missing daughter Amy, if her body is found.

But the 47-year-old revealed he was devastated at being forced to go to court to win that right.

He said: “I’m glad that this is all over. I offered mediation but it was not accepted. They made the funeral arrangements without our knowledge.

“We were left with no other option but to go down this route. It didn’t need to go this far.
Dean Fitzpatrick's dad Christopher speaks of court battle relief as judge rules against mum's family grave for stab victim - Irish Mirror Online

Aindriu

And her brother knew exactly what was going on
It is possible that the mother did too but is that because she is:
a) Infatuated totally with the man
b) Under duress
c) All of the above.

I cannot understand why she has stood by him throughout. It just smells.

Last edited:

darkhorse

I suspect the mother did too but she is:
a) Infatuated totally with the man
b) Under duress
c) She wanted rid of Amy too
d) All of the above.
He seems to be a highly manipulative man and a bully
My impression is that he soft talked the Gardai and the prosecution into believing the unlikely tale that Dean ran into the carving knife.
They never cane down very hard on him during the trial - which would obviously have influenced the jury.

Franzoni

On Matt Cooper now...

ger12

Sickening.

ger12

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies