David Begg and the Unions have NO Moral Authority

Holy Cow

David Begg was on Newstalk this morning calling for a large protest.

For what? So the public can vent at David Beggs own incompetence and betrayal of the people?

As the title states, David Begg and his self serving corrupt organisations have NO Moral Authority and here is why.

http://www.centralbank.ie/data/AnnRe...ral Bank.pdf

GO TO Page 6

David Begg sat on the Audit Committee of The Central Bank during the most damaging years of the Credit bubble.

David Begg had access to what was going on in the Central Bank.

David Begg signed off on the audit committee reports, the reports that ignored what was going on.

David Begg was in receipt of Irish taxpayers cash YET he failed to flag the deceit in the Central Bank.

David Begg is COMPLICIT in the current morass due to his inaction.

David Begg has NO moral authority and has no right whatsoever to hijack the ordinary peoples anger.

David Begg is part of the problem.

I will be heading to the protest, but to make my feelings towards Mr Begg known to him.

feet first

For what? So the public can vent at David Beggs own incompetence and betrayal of the people?

As the title states, David Begg and his self serving corrupt organisations have NO Moral Authority and here is why.

GO TO Page 6

David Begg sat on the Audit Committee of The Central Bank during the most damaging years of the Credit bubble.

David Begg signed off on the audit committee reports, the reports that ignored what was going on.

David Begg was in receipt of Irish taxpayers cash YET he failed to flag the deceit in the Central Bank.

David Begg has NO moral authority and has no right whatsoever to hijack the ordinary peoples anger.

I will be heading to the protest, but to make my feelings towards Mr Begg known to him.

feet first

Personally I would love to go the the march on 27th , but could not find it in myself to march behind the ~Beards ~ as these were all drinking out of the same trough as Cowen and Aherne.. and bleeding the taxpayer dry with their geneous allownances from being on state boards. I would march If I did not have to listen to speeches from these and if they promised to squelch along at the back not the front.

SlabMurphy

Website
www.dublin.ie

GO TO Page 6

Couldn't agree more with you. Vincent Brown raised this on his show a few months ago as the unions had 2 representatives on the Central Bank if I remember - all very well paid ofcourse on top of their union wages :mad: Begg and the rest of them are as respondcible for the mess as any FF TD or minister. A few weeks ago the unions organised a protest to Leinster House. When Jack O'Connor got up to speak you could clearly hear and see him being heckled.

They are part of the problem, not part of the solution. And don't forget they were invovled in the FAS swindle and debacle and sat on God knows how many useless quangos and enjoyed all the benefits.

Expose the lot of them

Personally I would love to go the the march on 27th , but could not find it in myself to march behind the ~Beards ~ as these were all drinking out of the same trough as Cowen and Aherne.. and bleeding the taxpayer dry with their geneous allownances from being on state boards. I would march If I did not have to listen to speeches from these and if they promised to squelch along at the back not the front.
My thoughts exactly, I want to be on the streets but will not be counted as a supporter of the current tu leadership who have displayed the same level of greed, incompetence and betrayal of their history as the FFers.

What we need is a march or a banner on each march for those of us who have no political, business or tu allegiance, something the silent majority concept during the Vietnam war.

Maybe a P.ie banner - any thoughts ?

martino

I've come across a Union Representative at work, an awful species. Spends all day on the interent co-ordinating Union activites, planning and scheming how to get more money for less work. And the funny thing is he wouldn't lift a finger to help me and I'm only starting out-not much solidarity there. This crowd are delusional with no notion of the wider picture.

collina

A Union leader's authority is mandated by the members of that union. Which group in this society has any "moral authority" as you call it? IBEC, FF, FG, CFI,unions, banks, etc?

sralansugar

Couldn't agree more with you. Vincent Brown raised this on his show a few months ago as the unions had 2 representatives on the Central Bank if I remember - all very well paid ofcourse on top of their union wages :mad: Begg and the rest of them are as respondcible for the mess as any FF TD or minister. A few weeks ago the unions organised a protest to Leinster House. When Jack O'Connor got up to speak you could clearly hear and see him being heckled.

They are part of the problem, not part of the solution. And don't forget they were invovled in the FAS swindle and debacle and sat on God knows how many useless quangos and enjoyed all the benefits.
Agree 100%. They sold their souls and are now poachers turned gamekeepers.

SlickWilly

Well said OP. Next horror minimum wage workers having their paltry wages raped inside out while their fat cat sleemheen AH bosses get fatter on subsequent increased profits, with unions doing absolutely nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the list of economic traitors those at the top of unions are certainly high among them!

politicaldonations

Bearded pigs at the trough. They portray themselves as defenders of social justice etc but they are just about keeping their members terms and conditions as good as possible even if this damages wider economy . Lefty dopes in media let them on thinking they are part of the liberal establishment but they are more like the maffia extorting as much as possible under guide of doing the community some service.

Expatriot

The unions missed their chance, they should have stood up two years ago be been willing to be unpopular. They basically backed the bank and NAMA thing along with pay and SW cuts. They were afraid of the Indo and people who hate them on sites like this. Sometimes you have to be be hated if you stand for something. They did not stand against pay or income cuts, they did not stand against unemployment. Talk is cheap. They could stood aloof from the government without industrial action, but they insisted in getting into bed again with them. They stood over the cuts and over the pumping of 10s of billions into the banks and stood over Scama. You cannot come back from that.

When the cuts come again and they return to tell members that Croke park is in the bin along with all the other agreements they will be run out of work places. Its too little too late, not just from them, from everyone. They is no going back now, the damage is done now and cannot be undone. We wrote the blank cheque to the banks(unions included) and now they have filled in the blank for us. Everything else is noise.

The unions wants a favorable editorial in the Sindo. It was never going to happen. It is too late now to start getting militant, nobody is interested any more. Someone else is going to pull this house of cards down now. Union membership will not save anyone from any pain, it has not to date.

Pauli

The day the unions acquiesced in accepting quango positions and the junkets under the guise of "partnership" in return for their compliance in the implementation of doctrinaire PD economic policy is the day they lost any credibility they ever had. They are to this day a large part of the problem.

Holy Cow

Enough of complaining on sites like this, head along to the protest and when Mr Begg takes to the platform let your feelings be known.

Freedom front

Bearded pigs at the trough. They portray themselves as defenders of social justice etc but they are just about keeping their members terms and conditions as good as possible even if this damages wider economy . Lefty dopes in media let them on thinking they are part of the liberal establishment but they are more like the maffia extorting as much as possible under guide of doing the community some service.
Have to Agree they are like the Mafia, feeding off the citizens of Ireland

DCon

Enough of complaining on sites like this, head along to the protest and when Mr Begg takes to the platform let your feelings be known.
Someone should print bank notes with Ahern's fat head on them. Throw them at Begg and co when they start to speak

Holy Cow

Someone should print bank notes with Ahern's fat head on them. Throw them at Begg and co when they start to speak
Thats not a bad idea at all.

Hopefully Mr Begg will get a bit of grief. It will be an opportunity to educate his church of xfactor viewers that show up to his "protests".

waterford

The day the unions acquiesced in accepting quango positions and the junkets under the guise of "partnership" in return for their compliance in the implementation of doctrinaire PD economic policy is the day they lost any credibility they ever had. They are to this day a large part of the problem.

+100
They should be ashamed but I doubt they are.

L

longshortgrass

A Union leader's authority is mandated by the members of that union.
Fliuch the Unions. petunia

They are as guilty as de Bert, Brian 1, Brian 2, Builders, Beggs, Bankers, Bondholders, Bishops...all a right crowd of Bustards in a B movie. :evil:

cricket

I'd advise a few of ye to take a blood pressure tablet and then look at this ( (I've posted it a few times already )
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=184NTV2CE_c]YouTube - What Have The Unions Ever Done For Us?[/ame]

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies