David Cassidy, RIP

statsman

David Cassidy, singer and actor of sorts, has died aged 67. He was probably best known for his part in the 1970s TV series The Partridge Family.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/nov/22/david-cassidy-star-70s-tv-partridge-family-dies-aged-67

Whatever his talents, he was a major teen idol of his day and enough of a cultural touchstone to have featured in a memorable scene from Four Weddings and a Funeral, alongside WH Auden.

[video=youtube;Ogl0mA_15ys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogl0mA_15ys[/video]

statsman

With thanks to redhead for reminding me of the Four Weddings clip.

flavirostris

He was a major heart throb in his day I think. Featured prominently on teenager's walls in the '70s. Was also in 'The Hardy Boys' I think.

redhead

Also, creepily, the song "I think I love you" appears in the movie Copycat where a serial killer is replicating famous murders.

The song was playing on the tape deck of a car at the crime scene of one of the murders to replicate the original. Not sure if this was true or simply an addition to the movie to progress the plot, but it was memorable. (Can't find a YouTube clip).

Anyhow, 67 is pretty young these days. RIP.

Nordie Northsider

Manufactured pop music of that era seems like classical music compared to some of the boak that's being churned out now.

statsman

Apparently, his fan club was the biggest in pop history, bigger than Elvis and The Beatles. Mad.

'orebel

He was a major heart throb in his day I think. Featured prominently on teenager's walls in the '70s. Was also in 'The Hardy Boys' I think.
That was Shaun Cassidy - half brother

'orebel

An unfortunate piece of knowledge to possess. ;)
:lol:

Young fella discovered the books in the library last week. We looked up you tube for the tv show. I'd forgotten about it.

Golden Phoenix

He was a huge star back in the 70's along with Donny Osmond.

He was actually a very good singer but this got overlooked because of the type of material he recorded.

RIP.

redhead

:lol:

Young fella discovered the books in the library last week. We looked up you tube for the tv show. I'd forgotten about it.
I loved this, The Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew...

Schmetterling

Have to say I'm suprised by how sad this news made me. I had his poster on my wall as a young teenager but he was only one of many. I'll fall to pieces when Gilbert O'Sullivan dies!!

Socratus O' Pericles

The Hardy Boys Of The Y is a great song...

Catalpast

Watched a documentary on him once. Genuinely nice guy and quite perceptive

Yes he was an absolutely HUGE female Heart throb back in the early 70s all right

But his style of Music?

No Thanks

Anyway RIP to the Man

McTell

Twitter
No
Have to say I'm suprised by how sad this news made me. I had his poster on my wall as a young teenager but he was only one of many. I'll fall to pieces when Gilbert O'Sullivan dies!!

It's great news! The wife doesn't know yet, and will need consoling after she's told later, at about 11.43.

No point in rushing things, eh? We don't go to bed before 11.30....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies