• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

David Cochrane "juvenile and immature" - Fianna Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Earlier today OgraFF posted a message out on Twitter....

@ografiannafail said:
Fill out the Ógra Members' Survey at http://url.ie/54l0... http://fb.me/5BHQi4c
Now, I follow Ogra on Twitter, I'm not a member, but I'm interested in all things political. However, Ogra would be mistaken in thinking all their followers are members or even supporters.

This error on the part of Ogra has form, anyone who's subscribed to Fianna Fail's mailing list from their website will be used to occasional emails beginning with "Dear Supporter". I'm interested in what Fianna Fail say, but I'm neither a supporter nor a member.

So, i retweeted the message by Ogra, mainly to point out the bad use of the medium, in that it was an error to think every follower is an Ogra member.

I didn't put it that eloquently, mind...

@davidcochrane said:
Mischief anyone? RT @ografiannafail Fill out the Ógra Members' Survey at http://url.ie/54l0... http://fb.me/5BHQi4c
I got a missed call and voicemail from someone in the Fianna Fail press office asking me to get back to them, which I did. The person I spoke to thanked me for getting back to him and then said my tweet had been brought to their attention and they'd been asked to get in touch to let me know they thought my tweet was.

quote said:
Juvenile and immature
I was a tad surprised at the call, as I've commented a good bit recently Fianna Fail don't like Pie, nor me, there's this site (which as we've seen recently, plays an important part on current affairs) and of course there's the whole Lisbon1 unpleasantness.

I'll be putting "juvenile and immature" on my business cards, with full credit to the Fianna Fail press office.

Incidentally, I did ask if FF would put P.ie back on their press lists but they declined to comment.

CookieMonster

You ok, Dave? You want to meet for a pint and cry it out?

liamfoley

A tad sensitive after the drumming they have endured over the last week, first response, point fingers, I guess we know who is being immature ...

beanie

Don't juvenile and immature mean the same thing.
It's not very eloquent from them.

dalywise

If FF hates you, then I'll buy you pints as well. Their statement is odd - displays that they are the people that are really juvenile and immature.

CookieMonster

I thought the whole point of 'Ogra anything' was that you had to be juvenile and immature to be a member? Otherwise, why bother?...
No, that's the point of Young Fine Gael.

YoungLiberal

Well, it was. They obv want to get a survey from their membership and you're encouraging people to screw it up. Do you not think that's a bit immature?

Supermanpolitician

I find the best response to being called immature is to shout the words "boobies" and "willies"....:)

I am sure Ogra will now accuse YFG as being juvenile West Brits.

:)

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Well, it was. They obv want to get a survey from their membership and you're encouraging people to screw it up. Do you not think that's a bit immature?
Silly of them to assume that their twitter followers are supporters. Dave only helping them understand the medium.

I wish someone would explain it to me.

Conor

If that's what they wanted, they should have a channel of communication open to their members that's closed to non-members. To put something like that out into the ether and expect that it won't be corrupted is... well, not juvenile or immature, but certainly naive in the extreme. DC was really doing them a favour in warning them.

Conor

Silly of them to assume that their twitter followers are supporters. Dave only helping them understand the medium.

I wish someone would explain it to me.
internets = lulz

YoungLiberal

If that's what they wanted, they should have a channel of communication open to their members that's closed to non-members. To put something like that out into the ether and expect that it won't be corrupted is... well, not juvenile or immature, but certainly naive in the extreme. DC was really doing them a favour in warning them.
If you wanted to do them a favour, I'd imagine you'd just pick up the phone and buzz them, but whatever, it's all much ado (or at least, a thread) about nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popular Threads

Most Replies