David Drumm Claims Central Bank & Financial Regulator Knew of Anglo Dealings

Iarmhi Gael

Speaking into today's Sunday Independent David Drumm takes responsibility along with the Anglo board in all their dealings but claims the " he had acted properly at all times during his tenure as Anglo chief executive.

He also claimed that he had done so with the "full knowledge" and "full co-operation" of both the Financial Regulator and the Central Bank"

Looks to me like Drumm is going to talk about the whole affair and is not happy with what has been said.

Anglo's Drumm: I did not act alone - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Last edited:

Iarmhi Gael

So we have confirmation that The Central bank & the Financial Regulator knew of what they were doing - Yet No one within the Fianna Fail government, The Taoiseach or the Minister of Finance were told.

Whoever the next government is - I'd like to see our Minsiters investigated like Iceland are doing

Gemlarkin

No one must have told them

So we have confirmation that The Central bank & the Financial Regulator knew of what they were doing - Yet No one within the Fianna Fail government, The Taoiseach or the Minister of Finance were told.

Whoever the next government is - I'd like to see our Minsiters investigated like Iceland are doing
No one must have told them

GDPR

So, suddenly we have the Sindo and the ex CE of Anglo as the fond of truth and wisdom.

What a nice change that makes for the anti's.

Gross hypocrisy in most of its forms it may be, but nothing unusual to see here folks, move right along now.

Iarmhi Gael

So, suddenly we have the Sindo and the ex CE of Anglo as the fond of truth and wisdom.

What a nice change that makes for the anti's.

Gross hypocrisy in most of its forms it may be, but nothing unusual to see here folks, move right along now.
People just want openness and the truth and the few arrests & charges which any other county would have done by. Hopefully members of Fianna Fail will not be able to run in the next government and the full facts come out then.

LDF

Drumm's statment today ties in with previous statments made by David Casey - formerly of ILP. He too stated that the actions his company took were done with the full knowledge of the Financial Regulator and the Central Bank.

It isn't in the nature of civil servants to make decisions off their own bat. Civil servants will always seek cover for their actions. If the FR and CB knew then the DoF knew. If the DoF knew then the Minister for Finance knew.

culmore

If the F Regulator and the Central Bank knew so did Charlie, Bertie and Brian and Brian so ite time someone asked the rigth questions, if Kenny or gilmore wont do it in the Dail let some of RTE,s well paid staff do it live on one of the FF shows each week and let us see that they are true journalists

Dr Pat

Will admit to not knowing the details, but I suppose the Bank would have kept the Financial Regulator informed as a matter of practice so there would be emails, correspondence,etc. How far it went up the chain of command to ministerial level or was it parked in some computer of a Department of Finance senior civil servant who either choose to ignore, didn't understand it or couldn't be bothered or was ordered to can it is what would be interesting to know. Political players will probably use all the ruses and tactics to never quite make it transparent. Use of the Freedom of information Act could be useful so far as it can be applied though. Of course, I am just a member of Joe Public so can't really say.

TODevastated

Mr. Gael, Based on your postings, you wouldn't know "openness and the truth" if it bit you on the arse and introduced itself.
it is absolutely beyond comprehension that the CB and FR knew and did not tell the DoF and in turn the minister

(that is how these operations work, get sign off from someone further up the chain and then you, personally, are ok)

Last edited:

kerdasi amaq

So, they didn't tell them what they didn't want to know.petunia

ellie08

Drumm owes 8.5 million, Sean Fitzpatrick owes over 100 million. Drumm offered to pay some of it back, has Fitzpatrick?. Is he even paying the interest on this 150 million? Personal loans were hidden and he is allowed to go on as normal? I think I know who the bigger villain is in this story. Was Seanie Fitz one of the bankers Lenihan went to visit that fateful night of the bank guarantee? Was Fingers there? Where's the 1 million euro he was supposed to pay back? Something really stinks here.

Maximus Cynicus

it is absolutely beyond comprehension that the CB and FR knew and did not tell the DoF and in turn the minister

(that is how these operations work, get sign off from someone further up the chain and then you, personally, ok)
Look, good people of Ireland, ye are expected to believe that "Hear No Evil" Cowen, "See No Evil" Lenihan and "Understand No Evil" The Rest of the FF morons knew nothing of this? Coming out of a "cute hoor" organisation that knows if a cat farts in Ireland, either before it happens or afterwards?

Added to the fact that such EASY get outa jail cards as "Upon mature reflection......" and "Arragh, that auld affadavit? Shur what does that mean?" are readily available?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies