• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

David Milliband has a go at Harriet Harman

dresden8

Just on the news during Ed Milliband's speech when he said the war in Iraq was wrong.

David sits through speech stony faced, conference claps, most of front bench don't, except Harriet Harmon. David snaps turns to her and says "What are you clapping for, you voted for it?" Alistair Darlings face behind is a peach. Unfortunately Harmon was just out of shot.

Silly cow.

I'll try and find a clip.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOYbzTb7V18]YouTube - David Miliband rebukes shameless Harriet Harman...[/ame]

Towards the end of this.

I can't see brother David hanging around the Labour Party for very long.

dresden8

Thanks, good to see a proper honest to god reaction from a politician for once.

He must have been fit to burst.

Didn't see her fake adoring smile in the earlier clip.

Sync

That's awesome. Crabby David Miliband is awesome.

bored and fussy

I was watching this and i thought david M. was going to burst, in fairness you cant blame him he is dissapointed and who wouldnt be i think most people here were surprised david didnt win,
as for harmon she is a silly woman, clapping as if she was totally against the war when she was not, good on David M I hope he takes on a senior position.

ManOfReason

The return of the Kinnock leadership agenda and style.....God help the Labour Party.

factual

Good to see proper values being promoted and pressed forward.

It is intolerable that we, in this counrty of ours, do not place greater criticism on the gap that has emerged between rich and poor.

Without being party political, Sinn Féin are the only party pressing that message forward in our country.

H.R. Haldeman

If he'd acted more like this during the Labour leadership race and less like a wet plank he might have won. Quite startling to see the flash of steel here (dream on Hilary!).

I thought David was toast the day he showed up in Manchester and said something to the rolling news channels about Alex Ferguson and winning teams and winning formations and all that aul bollox. Clearly hadn't the first clue what he was on about (he's an Arsenal fan apparantly lol) and sounded like a complete arse in fact. He also said something about getting the "train up here to Manchester" like it was an exotic FCO trip on the slow-boat to Zanzibar. It was all very Islington, very Blairite, very Mandelsonian. Oddly out of time.

And now the dust has settled we can definitely say that that silly little banana episode was something from which he never quite recovered. I think he was embarrassed about it at the time, but I very much doubt he ever thought it would have serious long-term consequences. Turns out it did though.

Interista

Quite startling to see the flash of steel here (dream on Hilary!).
Ooh er!

I think Hilary was about the only world leader Minibrain didn't p1ss off during his embarassing tenure as foreign secretary. But that, apparantly, had little to do with his political skills...

LeDroit

They must be pi$$ing themselves in Tory HQ. Red Ed is like a beautiful mix of Kinnock and Foot. Blair must be horrified. He's dismantled New Labour in one speech. Better get used to opposition Eddie Boy.

Paddy Sarkozy

What a truly vile piece of work is Harman.
Totally disconnected from both reality and personal integrity.
But on the bright side, she is now finally toast, her hypocrisy globally exposed - a cringing embarrassment to even the most shameless supporters of Labour.

Destiny's Soldier

Ed Miliband always came across to me as dull and lifeless. I was bored to distraction by his speech as much as I found his previous media performances uninspiring. I suppose having the title of Secretary of State at the Department of Energy and Climate Change always raised my goat.

He was really Secreatary of State at the Dept of Energy and Fraud becuase that's what Climate Change is in my opinion. An unmitigated fraud. Extortion and racketeering Inc.

As for David Miliband, nice knife in the side of Harriet Harman but Dave would have happily supported an attack on Iran if it came about during his term in office.

Clanrickard

What a truly vile piece of work is Harman.
Totally disconnected from both reality and personal integrity.
But on the bright side, she is now finally toast, her hypocrisy globally exposed - a cringing embarrassment to even the most shameless supporters of Labour.
Harriet Harperson sums up New Labour. A middle class middle of the road pc multicultural waffler. She even went around her own constituency in a stab vest.

onlyonpaper

Ed had to do that yesterday as he has to get David off the stage and quick. Expect David to bow out this evening. Ed could have served under David but not vice versa.

As regards the Iraq war, they all wanted to be on the Bush/Blair bangwagon when they thought it would be easy but it didnt work out that way. Remember the British people re-elected Blair in 2007....

Destiny's Soldier

Now that I've checked, David Miliband voted for the war in Iraq. What's he fuming about with Harman?

She's right to support her new leader at this stage.

Brains Miliband perhaps lacked the emotional intelligence to be leader, and at the end of the day, it's the lads at the bar who elect the leader. Just like it is in this country. David Miliband was just not personable enough.

adamirer

DM: What are you clapping for you voted for it!
HH: I'm clapping because he's the leader....

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interista

Now that I've checked, David Miliband voted for the war in Iraq. What's he fuming about with Harman?
Her hypocrisy?

Has Harman ever herself said that the war was wrong and in retrospect she regretted voting for it? It's easy to applaud someone (who conveninently wasn't around at the time) condemning what is now widely regarded as a huge mistake. It's much less easy to come out yourself and say "OK, I was wrong in voting for that war."

Destiny's Soldier

Her hypocrisy?

Has Harman ever herself said that the war was wrong and in retrospect she regretted voting for it? It's easy to applaud someone (who conveninently wasn't around at the time) condemning what is now widely regarded as a huge mistake. It's much less easy to come out yourself and say "OK, I was wrong in voting for that war."
Agreed, but time moves on and Harman has moved on. Supposing she sat there and didn't clap? The reality is, once the leader in in place, you have to support them whatever the weather.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies