• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

David Norris Presidential Campaign

Casualbets

seamasdefaoite said:
Whos in?, I am
I'm not - but I still think David Norris should be allowed to run...which he probably won't be under the current system...

There needs to be a referendum to ensure that the political parties don't have an effective stranglehold on nominations to the presidency...

CookieMonster

Hasn't he said that he wouldn't?

Ard-Taoiseach

Vote for Norris and let's put a queen back in the Viceregal Lodge!

The Trinity Politick

Casualbets said:
seamasdefaoite said:
Whos in?, I am
I'm not - but I still think David Norris should be allowed to run...which he probably won't be under the current system...

There needs to be a referendum to ensure that the political parties don't have an effective stranglehold on nominations to the presidency...
In fairness, 4 councils shouldn't be difficult to get if he is interested

Ard-Taoiseach

ballot stuffer said:
[quote="Ard-Taoiseach":1inuvuil]Vote for Norris and let's put a queen back in the Viceregal Lodge!
:lol: Thats it, he has got my vote.[/quote:1inuvuil]

Excellent stuff. He, too, will get my vote. Norris No.1!

kerrynorth

Ard-Taoiseach said:
Can you have a Queen as the Head of State in a Republic? ;)

Casualbets

The Trinity Politick said:
Casualbets said:
seamasdefaoite said:
Whos in?, I am

In fairness, 4 councils shouldn't be difficult to get if he is interested
Why should he need 4 councils?! Why shouldn't he just be directly nominated by the people?

Ard-Taoiseach

The Red Rose of Cork said:
David is currently available at 33-1 with Paddy Power to be the next Pres
Would that be David of Senate or David of P.ie? ;)

joemomma

I'm in. 20 Oireachtas members wouldn't be too difficult for him to get either, I would think. He could count on his independent colleagues in the Seanad (perhaps even Ronan Mullen), plus 8 Green Oireachtas members, leaving him in need of 6 assorted others. In the unlikely event that Labour are running their own candidate, he should be able to make that up with independents and independent-minded party types.

seamasdefaoite

joemomma said:
I'm in. 20 Oireachtas members wouldn't be too difficult for him to get either, I would think. He could count on his independent colleagues in the Seanad (perhaps even Ronan Mullen), plus 8 Green Oireachtas members, leaving him in need of 6 assorted others. In the unlikely event that Labour are running their own candidate, he should be able to make that up with independents and independent-minded party types.
Labour should have him as their candidate together with the indos and the greens

Kal-El

I doubt he would be palatable to a majority of the electorate...a few pinkos on p.ie does not an elected candidate make

Ard-Taoiseach

Kal-El said:
I doubt he would be palatable to a majority of the electorate...a few pinkos on p.ie does not an elected candidate make
Why, he's funny, self-deprecating and quite intelligent and has a good profile? We can get the 50+ percent no prob.

ballot stuffer

kerrynorth said:
Ard-Taoiseach said:
Can you have a Queen as the Head of State in a Republic? ;)
Could be an olive branch to the Unionists.

The more I think of this the more it makes sense :lol:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies