David Norris Presidential Campaign

Casualbets

seamasdefaoite said:
Whos in?, I am
I'm not - but I still think David Norris should be allowed to run...which he probably won't be under the current system...

There needs to be a referendum to ensure that the political parties don't have an effective stranglehold on nominations to the presidency...

CookieMonster

Hasn't he said that he wouldn't?

Ard-Taoiseach

Vote for Norris and let's put a queen back in the Viceregal Lodge!

The Trinity Politick

Casualbets said:
seamasdefaoite said:
Whos in?, I am
I'm not - but I still think David Norris should be allowed to run...which he probably won't be under the current system...

There needs to be a referendum to ensure that the political parties don't have an effective stranglehold on nominations to the presidency...
In fairness, 4 councils shouldn't be difficult to get if he is interested

Ard-Taoiseach

ballot stuffer said:
[quote="Ard-Taoiseach":1inuvuil]Vote for Norris and let's put a queen back in the Viceregal Lodge!
:lol: Thats it, he has got my vote.[/quote:1inuvuil]

Excellent stuff. He, too, will get my vote. Norris No.1!

kerrynorth

Ard-Taoiseach said:
Can you have a Queen as the Head of State in a Republic? ;)

Casualbets

The Trinity Politick said:
Casualbets said:
seamasdefaoite said:
Whos in?, I am

In fairness, 4 councils shouldn't be difficult to get if he is interested
Why should he need 4 councils?! Why shouldn't he just be directly nominated by the people?

Ard-Taoiseach

The Red Rose of Cork said:
David is currently available at 33-1 with Paddy Power to be the next Pres
Would that be David of Senate or David of P.ie? ;)

joemomma

I'm in. 20 Oireachtas members wouldn't be too difficult for him to get either, I would think. He could count on his independent colleagues in the Seanad (perhaps even Ronan Mullen), plus 8 Green Oireachtas members, leaving him in need of 6 assorted others. In the unlikely event that Labour are running their own candidate, he should be able to make that up with independents and independent-minded party types.

seamasdefaoite

joemomma said:
I'm in. 20 Oireachtas members wouldn't be too difficult for him to get either, I would think. He could count on his independent colleagues in the Seanad (perhaps even Ronan Mullen), plus 8 Green Oireachtas members, leaving him in need of 6 assorted others. In the unlikely event that Labour are running their own candidate, he should be able to make that up with independents and independent-minded party types.
Labour should have him as their candidate together with the indos and the greens

Kal-El

I doubt he would be palatable to a majority of the electorate...a few pinkos on p.ie does not an elected candidate make

Ard-Taoiseach

Kal-El said:
I doubt he would be palatable to a majority of the electorate...a few pinkos on p.ie does not an elected candidate make
Why, he's funny, self-deprecating and quite intelligent and has a good profile? We can get the 50+ percent no prob.

ballot stuffer

kerrynorth said:
Ard-Taoiseach said:
Can you have a Queen as the Head of State in a Republic? ;)
Could be an olive branch to the Unionists.

The more I think of this the more it makes sense :lol:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom