• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

DBN.. Is this Richard Bruton's Swansong?

The Equalizer

If we are to believe that there could be a GE in the next year or so,
Will this the last hurrah for Richard Bruton?
Will he have one last match?
Can FG DBN survive if he was to retire?

Degeneration X

I'd say Bruton will be Fine Gael's John McCain. He'll be there until they carry him out on stretcher.

Morgellons

Dublin Bay North, Having failed to topple Kenny, he threw his support behind Leo, without even hearing what Coveney had to say, and for what he got no reward for that. He is just about holding that shambles of a constituency together, the talent pool has dried up, things were so bad they had to go cap in hand to ask Terence Flanagan to come back, such was the failure of the two fork and spoon operators who ran alongside him in the last GE
Thanks! I figured it out soon after posting-hence the post deletion.

General Urko

I'd say Bruton will be Fine Gael's John McCain. He'll be there until they carry him out on stretcher.
I would say both are fairly decent folk. I came across Dicky once and he was absolutley tiny!

Degeneration X

The question is who do FG send to replace him?

Brian Hayes?
Terence Flanagan?
Naoise O'Muiri ?
Declan Flanagan?
If that is the calibre of replacement I'd say they will keep running RB even if they have to do it "weekend at bernies" style.

drummed

Swans singing are a thing now?:mad:

Degeneration X

If Richard has his way, his replacement is not yet born.
[edit: he's 64 and he has been in Oireachtas since 1981 and TD since 1982 - so maybe he doesn't want to hang around forever)
Didn't know he was so old almost a OAP now.

brughahaha

Called to my door about 4 weeks ago ...out canvassing ...judging by that (and the fact hes about the only safe seat in DBN) I dont think hes going anywhere

HarshBuzz

Johnny Zordan

who would have thought 10 years ago that Michael Noonan would one day be back in cabinet for 7 years ? So maybe Richard will one day be minister for finance or even FG leader/Taoiseach ?

The Field Marshal

Here is Richard singing a song as gaelge at the very start of this clip

[video=youtube;HZZ0NZfXMU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZZ0NZfXMU4[/video].

Bertie's Hat

Not a huge fan of his politics but I don't see any reason that he's about to leave politics or lose his seat?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies