• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

DCC pay EUR155,555 an acre for parkland

HanleyS

City council buys 18-acre site in west Dublin for ?2.8m
Turbine said:
Most of the land is likely to be used as a park. "Irrespective of finance being available it would be highly desirable if not essential that the proposed River Road widening scheme would precede any significant park development," the area manager told councillors, saying the council "is well aware of horse and motorcycle activity on the former CPO lands and we have expended a significant sum endeavouring to secure River Road boundary to the lands to prevent horse access to new housing developments in Pelletstown."
Who needs NAMA when you have a wealthy council to sell to?

Who are these Dunning chaps?

ang

Obviously DCC have no problem with funding. Business should therefore be protesting for cuts in commercial rates. Maybe it would save a few jobs ?

Akrasia

For 155k an acre, they could re-build the hanging gardens of Babylon, but no, we'll get some marshy grassland while some well connected landowners will get their ivory backscratchers

athlonedub

Who controls Dublin City Council at the moment? I know the knee jery reaction is "FF involvement here" but can't be them in this instance

Verhofstadt

Website

loner

could land to widen River Road not have been bought by way of Compulsory Purchase Order? 155 k per acre? Thought the days of the big spender were gone---has DCC not heard the news

dunning

I know this is an old post, but just wanted to clarify a couple of things, we bought that land to run a horse stables from, when 2 years in, a CPO was put on it by DCC, this was fought all the way to high court and cost us a considerable amount of money and time, we are not land owners or developers or in any way connected to any political party, after all costs were paid out believe me there was not much left in the pot!

Watcher2

I know this is an old post, but just wanted to clarify a couple of things, we bought that land to run a horse stables from, when 2 years in, a CPO was put on it by DCC, this was fought all the way to high court and cost us a considerable amount of money and time, we are not land owners or developers or in any way connected to any political party, after all costs were paid out believe me there was not much left in the pot!
Thats still doesn't mean you were not paid too much for the land. Just because you spent money on legal bills doesn't mean the land should have cost over the odds. 155K per acre???? Really??? For parkland????

GDPR

Please do not come here thinking the facts of any issue will make the slightest bit of difference to the opinions expressed by the posters.

They know what they know, which in truth is f*ck all, but they will remain convinced of it regardless.

dunning

@watcher2 : This was a landmark case, we did not want to sell this land for any amount of money, thats why we fought it, DCC would have contined to fight us, and no 155k per acre was not over the odds, if DCC want to use it for parkland thats their business, it was zoned for commercial use when we purchased!!!

@tonic I think you are right !!