• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

DCC to stop street cleaning in Dublin Inner City 'Black Spots' quoting Cultural Issues for the Problem

Catalpast

DCC to stop street cleaning in Dublin Inner City 'Black Spots' quoting Cultural Issues for the Problem

In a draconian move Dublin City Council is to withdraw rubbish collections in certain parts of the north Inner City of Dublin due widespread abuse by certain inhabitants in the areas effected...

The council has identified an area from Gardiner Street to Croke Park where the problem was particularly acute, with the North Circular Road, Summerhill, Ballybough, Sherrard Street and Fitzgibbon Street identified as “black spots”.

The problem was widespread, but was at its worst in the north inner city which had a large proportion of multiple occupancy flats that are owned by private landlords, the manager of the central area of the city, Charlie Lowe, said.

“It’s not just people whose cultural background and whose ability to comprehend the regulations is less than what Irish people would have; that’s a factor we have always tried to take into consideration. Some of this behaviour is wilful, in my view, and some of this behaviour is as a result of not knowing any better and just thinking it’s acceptable behaviour.”

Street cleaning to be withheld in parts of Dublin due to illegal dumping - Environmental News | The Irish Times - Fri, Apr 12, 2013

Is it right that locals (many of them born and bred there) who put out their rubbish legally are to be inconvienced by the actions of certain people who have cultural issues with helping to see that rubbish is not just dumped on the street?:?

Mountaintop

“It’s not just people whose cultural background and whose ability to comprehend the regulations is less than what Irish people would have; that’s a factor we have always tried to take into consideration." [/I]...

Is it right that locals (many of them born and bred there) who put out their rubbish legally are to be inconvienced by the actions of certain people who have cultural issues with helping to see that rubbish is not just dumped on the street?:?
So even though, the article, and your quote taken from it...states it is not a problem attributable to those of a different cultural viewpoint....they're the ones you chose to hold responsible anyway?

Last edited:

eoghanacht

I used to rent and I know how reluctant private landlords are when it come to paying for waste disposal. The residents shouldn't be dumping their refuse on the streets but what else are you supposed to do when the bins are overflowing?

Some of this behaviour is wilful, in my view, and some of this behaviour is as a result of not knowing any better and just thinking it’s acceptable behaviour.”
Education and then fines.

eoghanacht

So even though, the article, and your quote taken from it...states it is not a problem attributable to those of a different cultural viewpoint....there the ones you chose to hold responsible anyway?

He's not prejudiced at all, at all, at all.

Socratus O' Pericles

The initiative is due to start next month so it does not conflict with the hurling and football championships in Croke Park.
Good oul' DCC -uop the Dubs petunia

Catalpast

So even though, the article, and your quote taken from it...states it is not a problem attributable to those of a different cultural viewpoint....they're the ones you chose to hold responsible anyway?
Well I'm sure the poor man doesn't want any of the usual suspects screaming

- 'Wacist'!:shock2:

eoghanacht

There was a time when we were a bunch of litter bugs, but since the inhabitants of these areas are coloureds and foreign we'll just have to deport them en masse as we all know they are incapable of being taught a bit of civic pride.

eoghanacht

Well I'm sure the poor man doesn't want any of the usual suspects screaming

- 'Wacist'!:shock2:
Thats proablay because you'd want to be some thick to think that littering is a non white/non Irish only problem :roll:

eoghanacht

Merely quoting from the Irish Times ol Boy!

The paper of record!:cool:

Indeed you are, but it's you and the story is about non Nationals. 2+2=4

Fritzbox

What a crazy system is 'tag-a-bag' - the inevitable is only going to happen. Do they not have any council tax, rates or property tax in Dublin to cover waste collection?
Don't really have this problem here in Germany...

SirTallaghtban

Import enough third worlders and eventually their new society will reflect their old.

Non Europeans make up the majority in areas of the north inner city centre - cant blame the natives on this one, there are f*ck all of them there.

Catalpast

Thats proablay because you'd want to be some thick to think that littering is a non white/non Irish only problem :roll:[/QUOTE

Indeed - of course we have our own home grown Litter Bugs:evil:

However...

It seems to be the most intense in certain areas that are ..how shall we say...

MULTICULTURAL....:cool:

eoghanacht

What a crazy system is 'tag-a-bag' - the inevitable is only going to happen. Do they not have any council tax, rates or property tax in Dublin to cover waste collection?
Don't really have this problem here in Germany...
We used to have to use tags but nowadays the wheelie bins are chipped and you pay an annual fee. No hassle. The report says it's originating from nearby private apartments and as I said we had terrible problems with non collection of refuse and clamping as the landlord was too stingy to pay the management firm. I'd say something similar is happening here

eoghanacht

Indeed - of course we have our own home grown Litter Bugs:evil:

However...

It seems to be the most intense in certain areas that are ..how shall we say...

MULTICULTURAL....:cool:

As I said education and fines or do you think de blacks are incapable of learning?

sport02

I'd expect to read something like this in a London paper.
Thanks FF and now FG&Lab for inviting the whole globe here and ghettoising areas.

Apparently inner city immigrant stats are very,very alarming.

Last edited:

Fritzbox

We used to have to use tags but nowadays the wheelie bins are chipped and you pay an annual fee. No hassle. The report says it's originating from nearby private apartments and as I said we had terrible problems with non collection of refuse and clamping as the landlord was too stingy to pay the management firm. I'd say something similar is happening here
Ohh, right (you can tell I'm a long time out of the country:roll:).