De-Nazification of FF: Colm McEodhaigh on Newstalk

gijoe

Former Dublin SE candidate on Newstalk calling on FF to be purged from Ireland just as Germany was de-nazified, saying that FF were a criminal conspiracy over the last 15 years. He was reacting to Chris Andrews merger suggestion.

gijoe

Another guest now calling FG and all parties 'fraudulent'. This is getting really hot under the collar on Damien Kiberd.

Sync

You know, Newstalk have a silly habit of not shutting down their guests when they start going too far. They're going to get themselves in trouble. Again.

gweedore

Former Dublin SE candidate on Newstalk calling on FF to be purged from Ireland just as Germany was de-nazified, saying that FF were a criminal conspiracy over the last 15 years. He was reacting to Chris Andrews merger suggestion.
good idea but add fine gael to it and most of those "independent" tds

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
You know, Newstalk have a silly habit of not shutting down their guests when they start going too far. They're going to get themselves in trouble. Again.

It's "talk radio", the lowest life form in the communications industry, what do you expect?

Mushroom

It's "talk radio", the lowest life form in the communications industry, what do you expect?

Aren't you overlooking web fora (like this one!) where faceless posters can post tripe and bile to their heart's content?

Surely that's quite a few fathoms lower than 'talk radio'?

Sync

I expect the host to understand when things are moving beyond reasoned discussion, towards the realms of libeling individuals. You don't see it on RTE or Today FM, it seems to be solely a Newstalk phenomenon. I love the station, but it's something they need to pay attention to.

Empt

I wouldn't agree completely with McEodhaighs comments on Newstalk but looking at the actions and carry on of Fianna Fail over the years perhaps be has a point in that FF did act, at times, and increasingly so over the last decade, like a criminal organisation. These four councilors are more than likely just the tip of the ice-berg.

rubensni

I expect the host to understand when things are moving beyond reasoned discussion, towards the realms of libeling individuals. You don't see it on RTE or Today FM, it seems to be solely a Newstalk phenomenon. I love the station, but it's something they need to pay attention to.
Er, Liveline exists well beyond the realm of reasoned discussion, and has a few libel honours to its name.

You're right for the most part, though this may have more to do with the relative inexperience of Newstalk presenters than anything else. Tom Dunne has plenty of experience doing taped interviews with rock stars, but live radio discussions about politics are a very different beast. Dunne is learning to lead the interviewee if things look likely to get crazy; ditto Kiberd and Yates who are improving by the week.

DCon

Much better to have FF directed propaganda like The Late late show.

Or RTE radio.

Or RTE tv News

Right Keith?

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Aren't you overlooking web fora (like this one!) where faceless posters can post tripe and bile to their heart's content?

Surely that's quite a few fathoms lower than 'talk radio'?
No because you can filter out the idiot crew. You can't do that wih the volume button on a radio.

turdsl

The language may have been a bit strong, The facts cannot be contradicted.
The ruination of our economy, the arrogance of the government to the electorate,
Refusal to hold elections, This government just continues to disregard the wishes of the people.

Cael

I wouldnt go so far as to call FF Nazis, because the Nazis actually had some kind direction in life, warped as it was, but FF are just mindless sockpuppets - just like Fine Gael - they do what the landed oligarchy and their bankers tell them to do, without question.

Tomas Mor

Mac Eochaidh is right of course. And remember he was the man along with Michael Smith who placed ads in papers which resulted in planning tribunal being set up and exposed all the corruption that existed. But he FAILED to be elected while those with snouts in trough who were exposed by tribunal, were in fact elected.

turdsl

People are getting very angry with Fianna Fail. There are many reasons for this,
They do not have to look very far to find one.

gijoe

It would be gas if someone claiming to be a Nazi sympathiser complained to the BAI about the broadcast saying that being compared to FF was unfair!

Hewson

Mac Eochaidh is right of course. And remember he was the man along with Michael Smith who placed ads in papers which resulted in planning tribunal being set up and exposed all the corruption that existed. But he FAILED to be elected while those with snouts in trough who were exposed by tribunal, were in fact elected.
Which speaks volumes about the integrity and intelligence of those who consistently voted back into office people like Haughey, Lawlor, Burke and Horsey Ahern. Corrupt politicians are elected by voters with an ambivalent attitude to corruption. That's a large issue in our political malaise.

As for Andrews' idea of Fianna Fail merging with Fine Gael, a merger with Kim Jong-Il's Workers Party of Korea might be more appropriate, given FF's failure to give three constituencies their right to vote.

wombat

Total garbage. FF were democratically elected by the people who will have an opportunity to give their verdict at the next election. Any mention of the nazis in an Irish context, trivialises what they did. Some of my best friends are FF supporters, I regard it as a failing on my part that I can't convince them of the error of their ways:lol:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies