"Dear Brian...Please Resign from the European Parliament"

*EPIC SUCCESS*

For the love of all that is right - the man is in wheelchair so you absolutely cannot say anything critical of him!

(Seems to be the opinion of many....sher god bless de puur craytur....)

*EPIC SUCCESS*

According to a recent media article, Brian has not voted since 2014 and is currently renting an office with public funds from his brother. Hmm.
You cannot say things such about the man because he is in a wheelchair.

ruserious

You cannot say things such about the man because he is in a wheelchair.
He apparently wanted to run for President in 2011 but FF were still licking their wounds. He probably would have had a good chance too. Is it worth emailing the OP to his MEP address?

NYCKY

When I was young I used to think that the people in the Government spent all their hours working to better everyone's lives. I also thought that nuns and priests were lucky because when they died they would go straight to heaven.

Ah, such innocence!

im axeled

My views on the European parliament is that Irish MEPs should not take attend or take part in its sham democracy.

So Brian Crowley is the perfect MEP. Keep up the good work !
not my pov, in this brexit era, we need all hands on deck

ruserious

This is precisely the point. How can FF stand idly by and allow him continue when we need as many voices as possible in parliament shouting up Ireland's interests.

midlander12

This is precisely the point. How can FF stand idly by and allow him continue when we need as many voices as possible in parliament shouting up Ireland's interests.
Quite frankly I don't think it makes a whit of difference. No one pays the slightest attention to what our MEP's say or do - one more or less is largely irrelevant. They are even less relevant than the average backbench TD. Crowley is a scandalous waste of money, obviously, but then he barely attended during the previous parliament either and yet was reelected by the intrepid voters of Munster or whatever it's called these days.

NYCKY

Quite frankly I don't think it makes a whit of difference. No one pays the slightest attention to what our MEP's say or do - one more or less is largely irrelevant. They are even less relevant than the average backbench TD. Crowley is a scandalous waste of money, obviously, but then he barely attended during the previous parliament either and yet was reelected by the intrepid voters of Munster or whatever it's called these days.
Agreedd.

Also, votes in parliament aren't they only way that MEPs (or TDs/MPs etc) represent their constituents.

Whatever other stuff Crowley has being doing it has worked, at least up until now.

General Urko

If Ironside is suffering from an illness, does anybody know what it is?

General Urko

TBH the secret of his success as a politician along with the fact that people may feel sorry for him due to his disability, is that we don't actually see him at all!

blinding

I am sure he is still taking all his salary and building that very good pension......

Its great when you get on that EU gravy train.......

Its no wonder they are willing to sell their own people......

ruserious

I am sure he is still taking all his salary and building that very good pension......

Its great when you get on that EU gravy train.......

Its no wonder they are willing to sell their own people......
I am left with no other option but to assume that the reason he isn't resigning is because he is trying to get the most money out of it while he can. Can't be cheap dealing with a long term illness. All well and good but he is neglecting his public duty and in my view, betrayed his voters by standing in an election for an office he must have known he couldn't fulfil.

GJG

Website
blog.hereshow.ie
Is there any rule whereby if an MEP is absent most of the time over a protracted period and does not put in his sub, that he can be removed or at least his salary and allowances stopped?

In irish law if an employee is sick so often that its unreasonable for the employer to continue his employment, that employee can be made redundant on health grounds.
Nope, you can be dismissed for poor attendance, an important distinction. Your empolyment can't be terminated for health reasons short of death.

okibb

Who are these "alternates"?

If a local TD never attended the Dáil because of illness would you not agree that he should resign?
There are 2 MEP's afaik from BC's group, threw out the paper, so can't look it up (ST is behind a paywall) but I think the article was criticising the alternates for right-wing views.

FunkyBoogaloo

What exactly do you think 11 hands on a deck consisting of 751 can achieve?

The answer of course could be summed up in two words. The first word begins with 'F' and the second word is "all".

blinding

What exactly do you think 11 hands on a deck consisting of 751 can achieve?

The answer of course could be summed up in two words. The first word begins with 'F' and the second word is "all".
There ain't that much difference between 10 kissing ass and 11 kissing ass..............

FunkyBoogaloo

I am left with no other option but to assume that the reason he isn't resigning is because he is trying to get the most money out of it while he can. Can't be cheap dealing with a long term illness. All well and good but he is neglecting his public duty and in my view, betrayed his voters by standing in an election for an office he must have known he couldn't fulfil.
....because it's not like a FFer to be a mendacious gaimbín.

The people of Munster (118+ thousand FPVs) voted this clown into office. They're getting what they deserve, really...

They must have read his bio (here: http://briancrowleymep.ie/about/more-about-brian/) and thought sure why not, like?...

He is also considered one of the hardest working MEPs around.  So, when the character attributes are added to his solid bedrock of substantial policy and work achievements in Munster, Brussels and Strasbourg, you can get close to understanding the Crowley style.
Twas either that wot swung it... or the wheelchair/sympathy vote. One of the hardest working MEPs; me bollix!

Last edited:

FunkyBoogaloo

There ain't that much difference between 10 kissing ass and 11 kissing ass..............
I'm sure someone will be along to tell us plebs that 11 rimjobbers are better than 10. And that we're at the heart of Europe or sumfink!..

Paddyc

....because it's not like a FFer to be a mendacious gaimbín.

The people of Munster (118+ thousand FPVs) voted this clown into office. They're getting what they deserve, really...

They must have read his bio (here: More About Brian – Brian Crowley MEP) and thought sure why not, like?...

Twas either that wot swung it... or the wheelchair/sympathy vote. One of the hardest working MEPs; me bollix!
Not just Munster, Ireland South also consists of Kilkenny, Wexford and Wicklow. Let's share the blame here.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies