Death of Joan Sutherland

corelli

With Callas and Tebaldi, the most famous of the sopranos of the modern, digital, age.

Known as "La Stupenda", she was a coluratura soprano with amazing breath control and a huge range. Was a "Diva" with none of the airs and all of the graces.

Died in her 83rd year on Monday the 10th. The world of opera has lost a legend.

Joan Sutherland dies at age 83, remem... - Google News

asset test

There was a clip on RTE Morning Ireland of her singing something. I missed what it was. Shivers up the spine was one way of putting it when I heard it.

Anyone know what it was? Ok Ok, I can go to RTE player, but am just in from work and a bit jaded like.

corelli

There was a clip on RTE Morning Ireland of her singing something. I missed what it was. Shivers up the spine was one way of putting it when I heard it.

Anyone know what it was? Ok Ok, I can go to RTE player, but am just in from work and a bit jaded like.
This.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6zzH8sD-1U]YouTube - Joan Sutherland "Exultate, Jubilate" Mozart 1965[/ame]

TommyO'Brien

A truly brilliant artiste.

Pauli

The world of opera has lost a legend with the death of Big Joanie. She was pure class.

Old Mr Grouser

RIP - The occasion of her passing calls to mind the way that our popular culture has changed over these recent decades.

LeDroit

Stage 1.

corelli

Not known for Verdi roles, this is spectacular!! Listen to it in full!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFJ5JvOLmNo&feature=rec-exp_r2-2r-43-HM]YouTube - Joan Sutherland (1926-2010): Rest in peace[/ame]

New Threads

Most Replies