• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

December 21st: reasons why the world should end

statsman

As reports mount of pre-Armageddon panic in Russia, people gathering in rural France in the hope of being rescued by resident aliens, arks in China and survivalists in the UK learning to love squirrel (and don't say we didn't warn you), it seems the time has come for even a wizened old sceptic like me to contemplate the end of times.

As ever, we need to look at the positive benefits of the situation. What would be the upside of the end of days? Why should we positively welcome it? Here's a few suggestions, but I'm sure the P.ie hive mind can come up with lots more:

• Ending the world would be god's way of halting our march towards abortion on demand.
  • It's one way to default on our debt with no future repercussions.
  • We'd wipe out all overdue mortgages in an instant.
  • Zerobrains needs it to happen 'in a matter of days' to obliterate all record of their previous predictions.
Any more?

Last edited:

statsman

No need to buy Christmas presents.

Al Gebra

what time will this happen?
I'm busy on the 21st, I don't know if I'll be able to fit it in.

junius

As reports mount of pre-Armageddon panic in Russia, people gathering in rural France in the hope of being rescued by resident aliens, arks in China and survivalists in the UK learning to love squirrel (and don't say we didn't warn you), it seems the time has come for even a wizened old sceptic like me to contemplate the end of times.

As ever, we need to look at the positive benefits of the situation. What would be the upside of the end of days? Why should we positively welcome it? Here's a few suggestions, but I'm sure the P.ie hive mind can come up with lots more:

• Ending the world would be god's way of halting out march towards abortion on demand.
  • Zerobrains needs it to happen 'in a matter of days' to obliterate all record of their previous predictions.
Any more?
Maybe I should be loving (no, liking) Bob66 something or other's sarky remarks every time I write the truth on here!! :lol: Love my neighbours for the last two and a half weeks!

Mitsui2

• Ending the world would be god's way of halting out march towards abortion on demand.
Any more?
You forgot the most important one - it would mean an end to partition.

Hewson

We won't have to listen to another 'Auld Langsyne' on New Year's Eve, or worry about spelling it incorrectly on threads like this . . .

statsman

what time will this happen?
I'm busy on the 21st, I don't know if I'll be able to fit it in.
I think this is the kind of thing that fits you in. ;)

firefly123

The croke(broke/choke/joke/etc) park (perk/pork/etc) deal would end. This woul be worth the end of days for certain posters on here!

statsman

No more EU Federalism.

zakalwe1

you'd die happy knowing the fekin quinn family will spend eternity in the fiery pits of hell!

ShoutingIsLeadership

There will finally be room for me in Newgrange for the solstice celebrations.

zakalwe1

ditto bankers and union leaders

Hewson

Bertie stops collecting his pension. Permanently.

Though knowing Da Bert he'll have some arrangement made with God to have the payments continued from his local branch of Cloud Nine Bank.

Mr. Bumble

I'd finally find out what nothingness is actually like.

zakalwe1

you wouldn't have Hobbitmania inflicted on the cinema going public and free hobbit merchandise in every pack of cornflakes...