Decision Day: The Fine Gael leadership count

sport02

Irish Examiner
Update 2pm: 
Counting is beginning in the Fine Gael leadership election. Around 11,500 votes are being counted at the Mansion House in Dublin.

sport02

Gav Reilly
Approaching a 2-to-1 lead for Coveney in grassroots votes, based on the first dozen or so partial tallies. Regional variations very slight.

sport02

Seems a big majority of the grassroots wants Coveney.

Gavan Reilly@gavreilly22
If it's 2-to-1, Coveney takes 15-17% out of the 25% cast by grassroots. Expected to get half of the Cllrs 10%. Would still need 33 PP votes.

wombat

I'll be surprised if its that one sided but I was only at the Dublin meeting. I guess a lot of members are quite content with consensus.

Hitchcock

I couldn't care less who wins, ideologically they are both very right wing, however it would be funny watching many of the smug ministers who backed Varadkar if Coveney did win.

artfoley56

I couldn't care less who wins, ideologically they are both very right wing, however it would be funny watching many of the smug ministers who backed Varadkar if Coveney did win.
what would be even funnier is if the house didnt ratify the winner as Taoiseach :D

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Varadkar is to the right of Simple Simon, a nasty Thatcherite smary cu*t.

hiding behind a poster

Seems a big majority of the grassroots wants Coveney.

Gavan Reilly@gavreilly22
If it's 2-to-1, Coveney takes 15-17% out of the 25% cast by grassroots. Expected to get half of the Cllrs 10%. Would still need 33 PP votes.
I think he's just fishing for twitter followers. My understanding is that Varadkar is favoured among the councillors.

SamsonS

Waiting for DOB to take to the stage to announce his choice?
He announced on Twitter earlier. I think it was in March.
At the moment hes busy buying AIB, as he never owned a full bank.
When he has that sorted he'll turn his attention to the budget , followed by the DOB Childrens Hospital, the DOB Luas Cross City, and finally the DOB Social Housing Projects in Citywest.

sport02

Coveney on nearly 70% from tallies.
That is some vote from grassroots if it finishes like that.

Bill

hadn't figured Thatcher as a mass goer

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies