• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Decision on cystic fibrosis facility reversed

draiocht23

Announcing the decision tonight the Minister for Health Mary Harney said: “I am very pleased that an innovative way has been found to deliver this project.”

“This project has always been a priority and never ceased to be so, I want to see it progressing now with urgency,” she added.
What a load of complete claptrap. Reading that makes me feel like screaming.

So, the u-turn has nothing to do with a high profile media campaign that likened the government's failures in our health system to war crimes?

Thought not. God, I rarely feel antipathy towards politicians but Harney...

Trampas

One way or another this is great news for CF families. Cross-infection in ordinary hospital wards is a constant threat for CF patients.

spidermom

What a load of complete claptrap. Reading that makes me feel like screaming.

So, the u-turn has nothing to do with a high profile media campaign that likened the government's failures in our health system to war crimes?

Thought not. God, I rarely feel antipathy towards politicians but Harney...
I completely agree!
(trying to keep my happy face on today!!!SIGH!)

More likely a potential back bench revolt or something along those lines that forced a u turn?
FINIAN back on board now perhaps????

draiocht23

I completely agree!
(trying to keep my happy face on today!!!SIGH!)

More likely a potential back bench revolt or something along those lines that forced a u turn?
FINIAN back on board now perhaps????
This decision has nothing to do with CF patients, although it is obviously welcome, and more to do with shoring up numbers in advance of the budget.

Being accused of hastening the senseless deaths of young voters doesn't go down too well when the government is in trouble.

The decision to renege on the agreed unit was made a little over a week ago and now, suddenly, the HSE has found "innovative" ways to find the money? Maybe they should have put their thinking caps on before they caused more than a thousand chronically ill people, and their families, needless pain and distress.

F**kers.

Question R24U

This made the cervical cancer vaccine delay seem like a completely legitimate response to lack of demand by parents as expressed through their pockets. CF affects irish people more than other races and when contrasted with 600m for oda or 20m paid overseas to children outside the state appeared as a very odd form of inverse nationalism. But reversing a cut which should never have been considered should not be characterised as good news. Why is harney still minister?.

Digout

So, FF put out 2 good news stories this evening.....expect war tomorrow.

Edo

Yet another visit to U-Turnville.

Dont get me wrong - Im delighted that they are saying they are going to do the right thing (forgive for being cynical here - but I'll believe it when that articulate young lady comes on the media again and tells that finally,finally she and her fellow suffers are getting the medical attention they require- given the inexcusable delays and utter dysfunctional chaos that is the HSE - she'll be waitingl)

Ok then - so where are the savings going to be made now hmmm?

Me-thinks we'll hear feck all about that one and it will be quietly added to the Government bond borrowing shopping list for next month - let future generations pay for it when you could easily reorganise and recallibrate the way our entire health service goes about its business and save many multiples of that.

Tax,borrow and spend baby - here we go - thats all fianna fail are capable of - tax the lifeblood out of the country - borrow like there's no tomorrow to keep the beardy brothers happy and stiff the bill to FG and possibly A.N Other to pick up the bill and clean up the mess afterwards

Classic Charlie-economics.