• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Deck of Cards of Nama gamblers/property players: who would be the 52 and joker?

Congalltee

I know this is juvenile, but since poker has become a national pastime and following the lead of the US soldiers in Iraq, I thought the top 52 high rollers, gamblers, property developers, regulators, political decisionmakes and persons of influence should be commemorated for posterity in a suitable form.

Aces: Ahern, Cowen, Fitzpatrick, Quinn.
Kings: Drumm, Sheehy,Dunne, Fingleton.
queens: Coughlan, Harney,Bowler,Larkin.
Jacks: O'Connor, Rohan, Hurley, Lenihan
tens: Anglo ten
Other 8's: McAteer,Carroll,
7,6,5: rest of cabinet + david begg.

4-2s: PLEASE SUGGEST or change order.

Joker: Patrick Neary or the Champagne Charlie who appointed him.

Last edited:

nonpartyboy

Isin't there always two jokers in a pack ? Neary is certainly one of them anyway.

Magellan

I'd have put Austin Hughes as one of the jokers but....for 2's - Dan McLaughlin, Austin Hughes, ,Marc Coleman, Ken MacDonald

ang

Tom Parlon - Joker

Asparagus

Aces - Finance ministers - Cowen, Lenihan, Ahern, McCreevy

Kings - Bankers/Big guys - Seanie Fitz, Fingers, Drumm, Sean Quinn

Queens - Standing behind there man - Gormley, Harney, Celia Ahern, Mary Coughlan

Jacks - (of all trades) Builders bailed out by anglo - Liam Carroll, Bernard McNamara, Joe O'Reilly, Johnny Ronan

10s - Regulators / Central Bank - Neray etc

9s - Opposition leaders - Kenny, Gilmore, Bruton, Burton

8s - Economists - Colm McCarthy, Bacon, mc Williams, Lee

7s - Trade Union Leaders - Beards

6s - Social Commentators - Kevin Myers, Gene Kerrigan

5s - Outspoken Broadcasters - Hook, VB, Matt Cooper, Eamon Grumpy

4s - NAMA Endorsers - Alan Dukes, Garrett Fitzgerald

3s - Cheer leaders - Eddie Hobbs, Eoghan Harris

2s - FF fallen soldiers - O'Donoghue, Willie o dea

Few blanks but fill em in

jmcc

People should be given a prize when they kill any of these characters. Now that's an idea worthy of YCYC. ;)

Regards...jmcc

ang

I don't think our local County Councillors should be left out of this.

They contributed to NAMA by aiding and abetting developers with all the re-zoning, in fact plenty of them getting involved in developments themselves. All parties have to accept responsibility for that.

Congalltee

People should be given a prize when they kill any of these characters
Being held to account for their actions, omissions, negligence, conflict of interests, greed and corruption (as applicable) will be fine. Ok, no killings.

For now let them become immortalised in a pack of cards, to be played by grubby desparados going all in with an Ace-two.

fiannafailure

I don't think our local County Councillors should be left out of this.

They contributed to NAMA by aiding and abetting developers with all the re-zoning, in fact plenty of them getting involved in developments themselves. All parties have to accept responsibility for that.
Cork City planners have a planning application before them at the moment, from a Hero of the planning tribunal, in which an outright lie is written in an attempt to get around the flooding guidelines.

Lets see if we should leave our unelected officials out of the blame game.

ang

Cork City planners have a planning application before them at the moment, from a Hero of the planning tribunal, in which an outright lie is written in an attempt to get around the flooding guidelines.

Lets see if we should leave our unelected officials out of the blame game.
Well the elected members have the power to make ammend or revoke the local area plan, so perhaps they should consider that they could stop this planning application if need be.

They do quite often hide behind the planners if it's controversial, having said that I am sure there are some planners who have been very helpful to developers.

fiannafailure

Well the elected members have the power to make ammend or revoke the local area plan, so perhaps they should consider that they could stop this planning application if need be.

They do quite often hide behind the planners if it's controversial, having said that I am sure there are some planners who have been very helpful to developers.
I have been as restrained in my description as possible, however should permission be given in this case, besides being referred to An Bord Pleannala, I have decided that it would be worth the trouble of goading the honourable developer to sue me for Libel.

Relax Dave, I would not use your site to do so.

The message must go out, no more of the behaviour which inspired the tribunals, can be allowed.

You cannot have an exposure to NAMA and expect to be allowed to game the system at the same time.

ang

I have been as restrained in my description as possible, however should permission be given in this case, besides being referred to An Bord Pleannala, I have decided that it would be worth the trouble of goading the honourable developer to sue me for Libel.

Relax Dave, I would not use your site to do so.

The message must go out, no more of the behaviour which inspired the tribunals, can be allowed.

You cannot have an exposure to NAMA and expect to be allowed to game the system at the same time.
You are correct. Let me assure you Cork is not the only place where this is or will be happening. I have had cause to be involved in planning issues and the whole process from development plan to consent is a disgrace.

It is so full of vested interests it is unbelievable, I myself would not have believed it until I had cause to become aware. I doubt very much that the public are aware of how the system really works. I certainly had my eyes opened.

fiannafailure

What about Developers who built sub-standard homes? They deserve a mention.
You will find that they are the same guys.

And it must be stated that there are developers who through common sense have avoided NAMA and now have properties that still perform.

Unfortunately they were in the minority and were never creatures of the society pages.

But the bad guys MUST be kept in the past.

ang

You are correct, most people would still not believe the reality of the planning system.

Congalltee

I know this is juvenile, but since poker has become a national pastime and following the lead of the US soldiers in Iraq, I thought the top 52 high rollers, gamblers, property developers, regulators, political decisionmakes and persons of influence should be commemorated for posterity in a suitable form.

Aces: Ahern, Cowen, Fitzpatrick, Quinn.
Kings: Drumm, Sheehy,Dunne, Fingleton.
queens: Coughlan, Harney,Bowler,Larkin.
Jacks: O'Connor, Rohan, Hurley, Lenihan
tens: Anglo ten
Other 8's: McAteer,Carroll,
7,6,5: rest of cabinet + david begg.

4-2s: PLEASE SUGGEST or change order.

Joker: Patrick Neary or the Champagne Charlie who appointed him.
Juvenile and angry minds think alike - I will have to buy the Star tomorrow (mind you, look at the above list Lenihan has certainly climbed from being a Jack to an Ace, since April).
http://www.politics.ie/media/143994-irish-daily-star-give-away-free-deck-cards-tomorrow.html

PatsyOriel

Re Queens David Norris??

Oldira1

Aces...Fitzpatrick,Fingleton,Ahern,Cowen
Kings. Drumm,Lenihan,Sheehy,Goggins
Queens Harney,Burrows,Neary,Gleeson
Jacks. Carroll,McNamara,Ronan, Dunne
10s PWC,Ernest & Young,Arthur Cox, KPMG
9s Doherty,Boucher,Casey,McAteer
8s Harney,Coughlan,McCreevey,McDowell

Cannot understand why Gleeson is getting a soft ride.

flavirostris

Donie Cassidy must warrant a place as a Joker for his remarks about there "never being a better time to buy property"