Declan Ganley tells Daily Mail: "We need a new party".

spotty

Spotty hears that the above mentioned botherer of Dick Roche has a double page spread in the Daily Mail tomorrow in which he says "we need a new party".

He also says he would not run as an independent, but will need good candidates in other constituencies.

Apparently the interview also lays out a tease of some policy positions, which will include Term Limits.

He says the election "can be a referendum on a failed political establishment".

And so on.

While he apparently does not commit to running, Spotty would think that this is a pretty darned big hint.

(Obviously, the Mail is not online, but Spotty always has impeccable sources.)

ellie08

With him in charge I presume. A Tony Blair in the making if ever I saw one.

Cai

Does Spotty think that a few weeks is time enough to form a party, select candidates, make them well known & get them elected?

ellie08

Does Spotty think that a few weeks is time enough to form a party, select candidates, make them well known & get them elected?
Why doesn't Spotty have an auld pray and see what the man upstairs says?;)

Methinks that smoke filled rooms have been the order of the day for several months now Cai. I am surprised each day when I turn on the news not to hear of the birth of a new political party, lead by himself.

spotty

How would Spotty know? Do you think if Spotty had brains he'd be sitting here on the internet talking ************************e at 11.23pm on a saturday night? He would on his arse. He'd be out boogeying.

Cai

Methinks that smoke filled rooms have been the order of the day for several months now Cai. I am surprised each day when I turn on the news not to hear of the birth of a new political party, lead by himself.
I suppose there is space for a right wing anti European party under present conditions. Can't stand the man though - hope he doesn't get elected.

Cai

How would Spotty know? Do you think if Spotty had brains he'd be sitting here on the internet talking ************************e at 11.23pm on a saturday night? He would on his arse. He'd be out boogeying.
Can't Spotty use his impeccable sources to find out what the price of Origo Partners or whatever will be come Friday morning?

punchdrunk

Spotty hears that the above mentioned botherer of Dick Roche has a double page spread in the Daily Mail tomorrow in which he says "we need a new party".

He also says he would not run as an independent, but will need good candidates in other constituencies.

Apparently the interview also lays out a tease of some policy positions, which will include Term Limits.

He says the election "can be a referendum on a failed political establishment".

And so on.

While he apparently does not commit to running, Spotty would think that this is a pretty darned big hint.

(Obviously, the Mail is not online, but Spotty always has impeccable sources.)
Ganley comes from an FF background. He obviously wishes to set up a rump party in the hope that he can keep FF in power. His hatred of the FG party has been glaringly obvious.

eoghanacht

I bet Le Droit will be finance spokesperson :)

eoghanacht

The last thing we need is more right-wing neo-PD-dom. And it is a bit much to appropriate the name of the Land League, that kinda belongs to all of us, it shouldn't be hijacked by any party or sectional cause.
Agreed but i think the ' right-wing neo-PD-shoot chavs/unemployed/single mothers' party domain name was already taken up.

It won't be long until we have that right-left political divide. Still it's better than two civil war parties

TommyO'Brien

So a longterm FF supporter who backed the party during the Celtic Tiger and made donations to it, now wants a new party when FF is going down the tubes.

What a surprise.

New Threads

Most Replies