• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Defeated Cllr joins Dempsey benefactor on NRA board.

HanleyS

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Underlines the need for US-style Senate confirmation hearings for state-appointments, to weed out this kind of cronyism. Appointments to state-boards should be advertised and on the basis of merit - not party-allegiance. :roll:

HanleyS

Underlines the need for US-style Senate confirmation hearings for state-appointments, to weed out this kind of cronyism. Appointments to state-boards should be advertised and on the basis of merit - not party-allegiance. :roll:
Whatever about party allegiance I'm confident that party donations are never considered in such appointments by Noel Dempsey nor other ministers. ;)

mmrebel

This twit is also a member on the board of Pobal Board of Directors

He is also the same guy
A FIANNA Fáil councillor who lost his seat in the party's local election bloodbath has pledged to take out newspaper advertisements offering a €5,000 reward for information about the people behind a 'smear campaign' against him.

Clifford Kelly, from Kingscourt, Co Cavan, will take out the ads in The Anglo Celt newspaper offering the reward to anyone who helps him find the author of a scurrilous letter that made a "personal" allegation about him. The letter was circulated during the election campaign and Kelly believes it contributed to his downfall.

Even though Fianna Fáil lost 84 council seats nationally on 5 June, the loss of Kelly's seat in the Bailieborough electoral area in Cavan came as a major upset locally as he was a well-respected sitting councillor since 1985.

Kelly garnered 872 first-preference votes but he was a casualty of the election following a strong performance by Fine Gael in the area and the lack of transfers from his party colleagues.
?5,000 reward to track alleged smear campaigners

A question i would have is qualifications does he have to do the job ?

CavanFF

Bloody Disgraceful. This guy would turn up to FF CDC meeting to which I attended in a new Mercedes E Class. Being new at the time I enquired his occupation, solicitor, developer? No he was a full time public rep. On County Council, Board of NW tourism, DKIT, VEC, Pobal etc. Lifestyle funded by "Allowances".
To the best of my knowledge has no pertinent qualifications.
As an ordinary FFer this is the kind of bloody thing that the party needs to get rid of.

irish_shrink

Are we still surprised with these type of appointments?

bring down the government.

DCon

DCon

Bloody Disgraceful. This guy would turn up to FF CDC meeting to which I attended in a new Mercedes E Class. Being new at the time I enquired his occupation, solicitor, developer? No he was a full time public rep. On County Council, Board of NW tourism, DKIT, VEC, Pobal etc. Lifestyle funded by "Allowances".
To the best of my knowledge has no pertinent qualifications.
As an ordinary FFer this is the kind of bloody thing that the party needs to get rid of.
CavanFF, how much of this is going on in FF? Is it as bad as one would assume?

What needs to happen for a change? Is this endemic to the FF party, or just to FF Minister's?

DCon

And the Greens stay silent.
is the gagging clause they agreed on going to be up for discussion in the programme for government talks?

Digout

is the gagging clause they agreed on going to be up for discussion in the programme for government talks?
they got their noses blocked, the never smell a stink. The Greens are complicit in this.

CavanFF

CavanFF, how much of this is going on in FF? Is it as bad as one would assume?

What needs to happen for a change? Is this endemic to the FF party, or just to FF Minister's?
Too bloody much for my liking. I know that all parties have a certain clique who seem to be appointed to various junkets, committee for this and that. But in FF these appointments are not just to party things but publically funded organisations. In this case it seems said individual is being kept occupied by the party seeing the the public turfed him out.

Harmonica

List of Board Members

The NRA board may comprise up to fourteen members - thirteen ordinary members and a chairperson - appointed by the Minister of Transport. Members are appointed on the basis of their experience in relation to roads, transport, industrial, commercial, financial, or environmental matters, local government, and the organisation of workers or administration.
Does Mr. Kelly meet this test?

:confused:

CavanFF

Roads maybe as ownership a car would seem to apply. Was on Cavan County Countil since mid-80s. Sure most councillors have experience of getting pot holes filled rather than national roads.

JBoyce

I know this genius personally, nearly thirty years of "public representation" and nought to show for it. This guy reflects everything that was wrong with politics/fianna fail/cronyism for the past twenty years. Eventually people got fed up with him. Then he couldn't understand why he didnt get re-elected:

€5,000 reward to track alleged smear campaigners

I think the €5000 could go some way towards funding the new school he promised twenty years ago...now that would be an act of public service. Now Dempseys gone with his pension, Cliffs got his nice job with the NRA and the rest of us are going to pay for them both. Feels good doesnt it....

issues

Kingscourt election 2014

This fool is back in. God save us. Just before the elections he send out a letter saying that the FG Councilor in town was making allegations against him. His letter was a joke and an insult to our intelligence. He is happy to lie his way out of anything. He has done nothing during his time only line his own pockets and his family's pockets. He put up buildings without planning permission. He tried to take the credit for anything done in the town in the last 5 years when he wasn't even on the council. As the previous poster said he has no pertinent qualifications. This is the kind of thing that the party needs to get rid of. Cronyism at its best. People are so easily fooled.

mr. jings

What is it with the Irish electorate and FF?

Once bitten, twice bitten,
On and on and still we're smitten.