Deirdre Hargey: Sinn Féin's first female Belfast lord mayor

cricket

Another memorable night in Magennis's bar tonight ?

former wesleyan

BBW.com

michael-mcivor

Wha'? The YES vote was all 'thanks to Sinn Fein'? They were actually quite late to the Repeal table and still haven't formally supported the 12-week proposal though I presume they will later this month. So to attribute the 66% YES vote to SF, who incidentally got 16% support in the referendum exit poll, is a bit hilarious.
Your comparing an actual referendum vote to a dumb poll- Lol- jog on pal-

Newrybhoy

One of the most pathetic deflections I have seen here for some time, no surprise though from Billyray who is very well aware I have engaged in discussions here and elsewhere on Women's rights and Equality issues across the Globe, thing is, I did not enter a thread where the election of someone becoming first female Mayor was being discussed.

Disgraceful trolling and clearly designed to deflect from Deirdre's elevation to Mayor................shame on you AH.
You're some crack Tommy.

death or glory

theloner

I see the Belfast tele got the Lord mayor wrong in a major article today.
That with a rant about young people in politics.
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/eilis-ohanlon-why-this-obsession-with-youth-in-politics-give-me-age-and-experience-every-time-36973299.html
Ridiculous article even withstanding the fact she jumped the gun into who SF chose for mayor. Particularly this utter bollox.

'when you should be out enjoying yourself, unhampered by care and responsibility, just feels like a terrible waste of the best years of your life'.

Saying that, Eilis has always been a little dumb and has a touch of the RDE disease about her.

vivabrigada

Ridiculous article even withstanding the fact she jumped the gun into who SF chose for mayor. Particularly this utter bollox.

'when you should be out enjoying yourself, unhampered by care and responsibility, just feels like a terrible waste of the best years of your life'.

Saying that, Eilis has always been a little dumb and has a touch of the RDE disease about her.
I swear to fuk, she's a chuckle sleeper, so is Arlene.

Mickeymac

She gets unwarranted attention Loner and a loser to boot.

theloner

She gets unwarranted attention Loner and a loser to boot.
Christmas must be awkward when brother-in-law Pat Sheehan is invited for a bitta Christmas cake and Shloer.

Nordie Northsider

The behaviour of Unionist councillors last night was disappointing if not surprising. Not one congratulated either the new Mayor or indeed the Deputy Mayor (Alliance, but with a really Taigy name). Where do they think this kind of doltishness gets them?

Newrybhoy

How can the Queen of England be classed as a leader? .self elected leeches don't count
The people of the UK are more than happy to live in a constitutional monarchy. It is no concern of yours.

How many people outside the RoI have ever heard of your President.

tokkie

How can the Queen of England be classed as a leader? .self elected leeches don't count
Don't worry about it. Unless you're English or British, she's not your sovereign head of state.

tokkie

The people of the UK are more than happy to live in a constitutional monarchy. It is no concern of yours.

How many people outside the RoI have ever heard of your President.
How well known a leader is outside of their domain of leadership, is not relevant to the effectiveness of that leader.

Newrybhoy

How well known a leader is outside of their domain of leadership, is not relevant to the effectiveness of that leader.
So, do you think Queen Elizabeth the Second, or her wee man from Ireland has been the more effective leader during their tenure?

New Threads

Most Replies