"Democracy at its best" (FF doublespeak)

roc_

jpc

The FF boys club don't like Emily and her investigation of done deals.
The remedy is better media coverage of this grubby little stitch up.
And get the 9 FF TD's to explain to their electorate why they voted as they did.
Only one person benifited as I can see.

farnaby

As each day passes, and I hear more and more of this kind of thing, perpetuated not just by FF, but by all of this country's institutions, the more I feel the weight of the tyranny upon us.
A Czech friend recently described to me life under communism, how it wasn't ideologues who had control of the Party. It was the bullies, the not too brainy strongmen who had just enough nous to know their interests could be advanced through oppressive power disguised as the will of the proletariat.

Well here it's the same type who create a mild but firm tyranny disguised as democracy. I could take the democratic failings of our system if we had a true republic, with dispersed centres of power keeping check on each other. But we don't - everything is centralised to the Dail, the government and ultimately one flawed individual, the Taioseach. It is crushing the country slowly and painfully.

Funny how you present a vote on the facts of the report, against Fahy, as a vote along party lines.
That is how it ended up so perhaps time to question non FF members on it, were they voting in support of it because it was FF the report was criticising or because they had actually read it.

The former is more likely than the latter.

GDPR

That is how it ended up so perhaps time to question non FF members on it, were they voting in support of it because it was FF the report was criticising or because they had actually read it.

The former is more likely than the latter.
How very dare you Sir!!

Has Libero not already shown, in clear and unambiguous terms, that if the members of the opposition parties vote in a particular way, it can be taken as a self-evident fact that they do so for the very best of reasons.

If this "fact" is not accepted, this conversation will get nowhere at all.

Cop yourself on and discuss this on Libero's terms, if you please.

antiestablishmentarian

I see FF headquarters is quiet this morning, odie & tonic must have been exempted from duty while their betters cook up some half arsed way to spin the ESRI report of yesterday as actually supporting the governments strategy.

GDPR

I see FF headquarters is quiet this morning, odie & tonic must have been exempted from duty while their betters cook up some half arsed way to spin the ESRI report of yesterday as actually supporting the governments strategy.
Christ almighty, I hope that's not an attempt to "DERAIL A THREAD", oh Lord, I can feel the vapours coming on.

Raketemensch

The brazen thievery in the first place was bad enough. All of them pulling together to support it is absolutely sickening. But having the FFbots on here gloating about is almost too much. Don't they have any normal decency, shame or compassion?

antiestablishmentarian

Christ almighty, I hope that's not an attempt to "DERAIL A THREAD", oh Lord, I can feel the vapours coming on.
Says the FF spiv that helped derail it in the first place. And the OP is spot on, FF and the government seem to have a penchant for using doublespeak- just look at their rebranding of cabinet positions, the Minister for Social Protection is the one responsible for attacking the most vulnerabe in society, if that's not considered orwellian I don't know what is.

The brazen thievery in the first place was bad enough. All of them pulling together to support it is absolutely sickening. But having the FFbots on here gloating about is almost too much. Don't they have any normal decency, shame or compassion?
Who is gloating ?

Now trying to resort to the "Think of the children" line smacks of desperation.

Is it the job of an Oireachtas Committee to vote on Ombudsman's findings or just rubber stamp them ?

antiestablishmentarian

Who is gloating ?
You and tonic.

Is it the job of an Oireachtas Committee to vote on Ombudsman's findings or just rubber stamp them ?
Not really, the fact that FFers feel obliged to attack her for carrying out her job is what reeks of fear and desperation hereabouts. Hope your GE preparations are coming along well, ye'll be out on your ears before too long.

Raketemensch

Who is gloating ?

You and I both know that it didn't matter what was in the report because it was criticizing an FF, ie. the honourable and upstanding Forty Gaffs Fahey, and more than half it's members were FF. The result says nothing whatsoever about the content of the report because of the whip.

Call that what you want and you got your way but it's not democracy in any meaningful sense.

antiestablishmentarian

oddsox

What are FF about????..
They have an idea that will greatly improve their own personal finance's,, then get the nation to think that we need that idea through their media friends, they set up a committee
to reinforce the idea and fire anyone that does't agree,, the idea is costed at 400 million,, multiply it by 50% build it in the wrong place,, pat themselves,, job well done.

Raketemensch

The core idea here is that because of the whip and the makeup of the committee, the result was a foregone conclusion. End of story. There is nothing the FFbots can say to combat this truth.

Watcher2

The answer is one word and I'm surprised anyone on here is even asking the question. Before the FF hacks and apologists put words in my mouth, that word is NO.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies